grading the jets

grading the jets

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 1, 2008, titled grading the jets. In it, Newsday reports that:

Brett Favre wasn't as sharp as he had been during the five-game winning streak - and admitted that he would rather play in the snow than the rain, as most quarterbacks would - but he didn't use that as an ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

BrettBlows

Saint Marys, GA

#1 Dec 1, 2008
Are you kidding me? A B- for Favre? This was a D+ at best. You reference 383 yards of offense. 80 of those came in garbage time and the Brett couldn't pass it in from the 3 yard line. He is especially horrible inside the 10.

This loss was not all on him. It was a Jets loss. But to let him off the hook with a B- is absurd. He repeatedly fails to find people when he has plenty of time and missed on three key short yardage plays (I won't even count the garbage time goal line fiasco). The only throw he can regularly make is less than 10 yards between the hash marks, likely to Keller. We traded a second round pick for this? That is garbage.

The Jets went 8-3 by getting ALL the breaks. Take away the breaks and usually stellar defense plus a kick return or two and Brett doesn't look so hot does he?

www.brettfavreblows.blogspot.com
J-E-T-S

Denver, CO

#2 Dec 1, 2008
D for Coaching?? HELLO??? Coaching again S-U-C-K-S How about an F-(if there were such a grade).....I agree a D+ at best for Brett. Mangini looked lost as normal. Love those TV shots of him on the side lines. Looks like he just came in from the trenches in WW1, SHELL SHOCKED. Please can we look at getting a real Head Coach and someone else that has better play calls for inside the red zone? How can you not beat the teams you should beat...Raiders, Broncos, Chargers…I’ll give you all the Lost to the Pats. That should be a split at the lease every year.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Since: Aug 07

Toronto

#3 Dec 1, 2008
J-E-T-S wrote:
D for Coaching?? HELLO??? Coaching again S-U-C-K-S How about an F-(if there were such a grade).....I agree a D+ at best for Brett. Mangini looked lost as normal. Love those TV shots of him on the side lines. Looks like he just came in from the trenches in WW1, SHELL SHOCKED. Please can we look at getting a real Head Coach and someone else that has better play calls for inside the red zone? How can you not beat the teams you should beat...Raiders, Broncos, Chargers…I’ll give you all the Lost to the Pats. That should be a split at the lease every year.
they made the RB look like jim brown
Jet Fan in SC

Waynesville, NC

#4 Dec 1, 2008
The entire coaching staff was outcoached by the Denver coaches right down to the fake injuries to get some rest and break the Jets rhythm as soon as they started to move the ball.The inability to make adjustments on defense has been a problem from day 1 with the Mangini coaching staff. They are not going to go far in the playoffs unless they fix the pass rush and secondary.
Will

Hollis, NY

#5 Dec 1, 2008
I have to agree with you. There was no half time adjustments and the nickel and dime packages gave Cutler all the time in the world to throw.. They were not ready for what denver did and that is on the coach.. Grade is an F just like the defense..
J-E-T-S wrote:
gosiecki

Gilbert, AZ

#6 Dec 1, 2008
Yes very dissapointing day... I hate mangidiot please please get rid of his sorry ass. Go Jets!!
Dan

Brockport, NY

#7 Dec 1, 2008
Well I love how quickly people jump on and off the Brett bandwagon. He's good no doubt about it. He also, has a cannon, but everyone knows he throws picks. He is going to win or lose the game for you 9 out of 10 times so Jets fans got to remember that.
jjK

Lake Hamilton, FL

#8 Dec 2, 2008
Same old JETS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web