Jets' Greene worked his way from ware...

Jets' Greene worked his way from warehouse to NFL

There are 1 comment on the The Associated Press story from May 3, 2009, titled Jets' Greene worked his way from warehouse to NFL . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Shonn Greene's mind drifted a few times while he unloaded trucks and assembled furniture in a store warehouse in Iowa.

He couldn't help it. His NFL dreams never included couches, La-Z-Boys and dining room sets.

'I didn't let it get the best of me,' the New York Jets' third-round draft pick said.

The big, bruising running back was as far from a football field as one could be two summers ago. Greene was working at McGregor's Furniture in Coralville, Iowa, and making $8 an hour after being ruled academically ineligible at the University of Iowa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

“Harvin ROY 2009”

Since: Apr 09

Franklin, WI

#1 May 5, 2009
This move all but seals the fate of HB Thomas Jones.

An aging back looking for a payday, the addition of Greene adds even more pressure for him to push the envelope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web