Briggs does his part in 'W'

Briggs does his part in 'W'

There are 18 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Briggs does his part in 'W'. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

He stopped the Wildcat, played some special teams and even absorbed a few playful shoves from ex-teammate Thomas Jones .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#1 Feb 9, 2009
Like most teams on the edge of the play-offs, the Bears need some veteran upgrades and an infusion of youth at certain positions to get back in it and that will happen.

I'm excited about it.

I'm also for Lovie having that chance, he earned it getting us to a Super Bowl.

But I'm having a real hard time picturing them as an elite team with Kyle Orton as their QB.

Perhaps I'll be proven wrong.
Season Ticket Holder

Montgomery, AL

#2 Feb 9, 2009
So glad the overrated man-child Tommie Harris and the overrated child-producing out of wedlock Brian Urlacher were NOT there. NO BONUS FOR YOU!!!
Steak

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 9, 2009
There was a pro bowl game?

Since: Dec 07

Roselle, IL

#4 Feb 9, 2009
Season Ticket Holder wrote:
So glad the overrated man-child Tommie Harris and the overrated child-producing out of wedlock Brian Urlacher were NOT there. NO BONUS FOR YOU!!!
Urlacher had a child out of wedlock?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!
scott

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Feb 9, 2009
snore..... who cares about the Pro Bowl? Nobody plays hard and the better players skip it anyway.
quills

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2009
Pro Bowl football game is a joke. Only time these guys go all out is if it is end of game and it might make a difference about who wins or loses, and the reason then is that it is about the 45K to win per person against 22.5K for the losers. I don't blame them for not playing hard because it is not worth it to get hurt in this game. Get rid of the game and make the term Pro Bowler an official designation and give them a certificate and a bonus of lets say 35K each. It would be cheaper and less dangerous for the players. Noone cares for football after the SB anyway!
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 10, 2009
Season Ticket Holder wrote:
So glad the overrated man-child Tommie Harris and the overrated child-producing out of wedlock Brian Urlacher were NOT there. NO BONUS FOR YOU!!!
So glad the bitter "Season ticket Holder" was not there either.

Got over yourself man.

Are you that righteous that you can blast people the way you do? You act like their salary is coming only out of your pocket!

And no I do not want to hear what you would do if the money was,coming out of your pocket. Because it never will and if you think that it would then welcome to your dream world!

You know either ease up or get a life. Maybe we are tired of hearing the same two sentences from you EVERY TIME YOU POST! Don't you know anything else to say?

Are you jealous of the money they are making? Do you think you got the short end of the straw? Do you think you dould do better? Well get your backsides out there and see if you can make the team and then earn the same type of money as they are.

I'll bet they wouldn't even give you the price of a Greyhound ticket home.

Do not even mention my skills, it is about you and your jealousy not mine.
I do quite well on what I make, are you are that is jealous of what others make?

Maybe it is the fact the Urlacher gets more action than you do, SO WHAT!

Does that bother you? I really feel sorry for you, I really do.

Please take your pettiness and go peddle it somewhere else. This blog is about Football and not jealousy.

Before you spew forth remarks, make sure that you don not fall into the same category as the ones you talk about.

Remember this, you talk about them, while others talk about you!
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 10, 2009
quills wrote:
Pro Bowl football game is a joke. Only time these guys go all out is if it is end of game and it might make a difference about who wins or loses, and the reason then is that it is about the 45K to win per person against 22.5K for the losers. I don't blame them for not playing hard because it is not worth it to get hurt in this game. Get rid of the game and make the term Pro Bowler an official designation and give them a certificate and a bonus of lets say 35K each. It would be cheaper and less dangerous for the players. Noone cares for football after the SB anyway!
Okie Dokie what EVER YOU SAY quills!

You da man. You are now DA Commish on these here Blogs!

Lets not have a 17 week schedule. Make it a 10 week schedule tops. Let them just play one game against each other each in their division and 4-5 more. Then whoever has the most wins in the NFL, wins it all.

No playoffs no Super Bowl no nothing.

Pay them the same as for the 17 week schedule.

Ties will be decided by you.

Does that meet your approval? Does that make you happy?

When pigs fly that'll happen!!

Oh look there goes the Pig pen now. But alas no pigs yet!!

Keep watching it may happen in about 100 yrs.

Don't forget duck!! ROTFLMAO
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 10, 2009
manimal wrote:
<quoted text>
Urlacher had a child out of wedlock?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!
Do you believe that?? What a shock. What happens now? Does the economy crumble? Do the skies turn dark and evil rains begin? Gee I hope that the Viqueens do not move to Chicago and make every one wear purple tutus! I hate purple.

What a tragedy, a Global travesty! It must be the beginning of the Apocalypse!!

Can we all survive? Gee I hope so.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#10 Feb 10, 2009
scott wrote:
snore..... who cares about the Pro Bowl? Nobody plays hard and the better players skip it anyway.
i agree that none of them play hard, especially the defensive and offensive lines. as soon as they lay a hand on eachother they give up. hell, when dwight freeney sacked eli manning, jamaal brown literally let freeney walk past him. and most of the good players do go to the pro bowl. the only ones who skip it are if they are old or banged up.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#11 Feb 10, 2009
Season Ticket Holder wrote:
So glad the overrated man-child Tommie Harris and the overrated child-producing out of wedlock Brian Urlacher were NOT there. NO BONUS FOR YOU!!!
im obviously not a bears fan because of my avitar, but urlacher and tommie harris arent overrated by any means. harris is still on of the top DT's in the league and i would still say urlacher is good. he had a down year but that dont mean he cant play anymore. i dont trash talk about the best players and say they are overrated like most people do.
truth talker

United States

#12 Feb 11, 2009
JW Chi - you must be on something or maybe you need something. Your 2 responses make absolutely no sense! If you are trying to be funny then you failed and that probably goes right along with the rest of your life. Please spend more of your time going to school instead of trying to witty!
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 11, 2009
truth talker wrote:
JW Chi - you must be on something or maybe you need something. Your 2 responses make absolutely no sense! If you are trying to be funny then you failed and that probably goes right along with the rest of your life. Please spend more of your time going to school instead of trying to witty!
What 2 responses would those be?
I was not aware you are thee ordained Football Expert.

Hold on :
I'm on the phone with the Bears right now telling them I am talking to their savior on a blog!

They might hire you as a special consultant to the special consultant to the special consultant to the director of rubbish removal.

Hey you never know in 10-20 yrs you might make it to sanitation inspector

Heck it took me 10 yrs but now I trim the bunions off of Virginia McCaskey's feet!

Seriously All opinions on these blogs are a persons opinions, subject to their interpretation of the events they see in a game/season or situation. I should read over yours and make insulting comments about you, but I will not, not at the present time.

I would like to know your reasoning for your statement/s, if you would be so kind to elaborate?

Have you noticed I did not say you are full of $&it? Please return the courtesy.

You could use some more schooling yourself, specifically in the area of being politically correct.

Just the Facts Jack!!
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#14 Feb 11, 2009
Let's face it Fellow bloggers.

The Bears have so many things wrong it is hard to prioritize their immediate needs over their (or their fans) wants.

Arguing about their needs is a catch 22 situation. We are Dhammed if we do and Dhammed of we don't, argue that is.

Every person on here has legitimate statements and concerns.

Orton has shown glimpses of being a good QB, and he has shown us glimpses of being a Terrible one. Which one is he really? Will we ever really know?

He was a very Good QB at Purdue, what has happened to change that while on the Bears? Coaching, Offensive scheme, his on again off again starting during the Rexman experiments?

My opinion is that the coaching, Pep Hamilton in particular had something to do with it plus throw in the Rexman experiments, it would mess anyone up.

Plus the receivers have been spotty at best. The only glimmer of light is the progression of Hester.

Hester does show some promise as a receiver. He is by no means an established journeyman, but give him time to learn the position. It is was basically only his 2nd yr at the position, as he never played it before, in College or High School. He has the ability with another GOOD WIDE OUT to stretch the field. They just have to figure out where and how to play him.

The rest of the receiver corps needs to be looked at and replaced as needed.

The offensive line is getting old as has been discussed by some. That has too be addressed. Maybe not replacing players but finding backups and players to rotate in.

Like I have said the Bears have way too many wrong with them.

I know the defense has things that need addressing too. That will be another post at another time. One side of the ball at a time,

Rome was not built in a day. The Bears unfortunately may take another 10-20 yrs to rebuild if Anglo keeps going the way he is going.

We as fans unfortunately are forced to live with what Angelo and the Bears Management forces on us on a yearly basis.

TOO BAD THAT ANGELO DOES NOT READ THESE BLOGS! Too bad we the fans do not have a say on the player makeup of the team. The Bears might be a totally different looking and preforming team.
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#15 Feb 11, 2009
I would like to amend a statement I made as follows.

I said I blamed it on the coaching of Pep Hamilton and the Rexman experiment.

I forgot to mention the Offensive coordinator Ron Turner's putrid play calling. He would ruin any and I mean ANY QB. He does not know thing 1 about putting together a game plan, or utilizing his offensive talent to their best abilities.
truth talker

United States

#16 Feb 11, 2009
Hey-JW Chi your blogs show exactly what you are! They can't even be replied to and that is not due to the intelligent content of them. Keep writing everyone deserves a good laugh at your expense.
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 12, 2009
truth talker wrote:
Hey-JW Chi your blogs show exactly what you are! They can't even be replied to and that is not due to the intelligent content of them. Keep writing everyone deserves a good laugh at your expense.
Truth Talker

What a freakin name; as opposed to sneaky shifty lie teller!

I am glad you find me amusing. I find you boorish and illiterate. But hey that is my opinion of you, in retort to your opinion of me.

Are you one of those who thinks he is General Manager material? Well I have news for you, you and a whole lot of others are not, and neither am I.

If you thought with your comments, that you were going launch me into a tirade and get me to start ripping on you incessantly, well you are mistaken.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You do not know me and I certainly do not know you. Let's keep it that way. That suits me just fine. I do not care to be best friends with anyone on these blogs.

Why should I waste my time lowering myself to bickering with everyone on here like I used to?

Just because I had done so in the past, does not mean I am going to do it again!!

If you did not like what I say/said you have/had 3 choices, they are/were:

1) Answer in the manner that you did, trying to instigate a confrontation.

2) Answer in an intelligent manner and discuss the points in a mature fashion.

3)Ignore me completely. Which I prefer to #1

Option #1 shows you are looking for a confrontation and I am not.

I am looking for intelligent conversation. But if you are not up to it I understand completely. You may not be wired in a way for that to be possible. But hey no harm done or offense taken.

However I am under the impression you are going to answer in a surly manner and proceed to trash talk. I accept the fact that you will do that. So please proceed if you wish.

Please feel free to get it off your chest.

You will respond that way because you will have to show how superior you are to me, because you'll have to save face in front of the other bloggers. I completely understand it, so carry on.

In my blog I was just outlining the deficiencies of the Bears offense as I see them! I am sorry you do not agree with them. But hey $h_it happens and try not to step in it!

So I hope you had a good deep belly laugh at my expense!! At least you did not suffer any pain or discomfort!

I hope that my words in this post were not offensive as you were trying to be to me. I am merely pointing out observations and theories.

Are your shoes clean?

I am glad to be of service.

Happy Blogging
truth talker

United States

#18 Feb 13, 2009
J W Chi wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth Talker
What a freakin name; as opposed to sneaky shifty lie teller!
I am glad you find me amusing. I find you boorish and illiterate. But hey that is my opinion of you, in retort to your opinion of me.
Are you one of those who thinks he is General Manager material? Well I have news for you, you and a whole lot of others are not, and neither am I.
If you thought with your comments, that you were going launch me into a tirade and get me to start ripping on you incessantly, well you are mistaken.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. You do not know me and I certainly do not know you. Let's keep it that way. That suits me just fine. I do not care to be best friends with anyone on these blogs.
Why should I waste my time lowering myself to bickering with everyone on here like I used to?
Just because I had done so in the past, does not mean I am going to do it again!!
If you did not like what I say/said you have/had 3 choices, they are/were:
1) Answer in the manner that you did, trying to instigate a confrontation.
2) Answer in an intelligent manner and discuss the points in a mature fashion.
3)Ignore me completely. Which I prefer to #1
Option #1 shows you are looking for a confrontation and I am not.
I am looking for intelligent conversation. But if you are not up to it I understand completely. You may not be wired in a way for that to be possible. But hey no harm done or offense taken.
However I am under the impression you are going to answer in a surly manner and proceed to trash talk. I accept the fact that you will do that. So please proceed if you wish.
Please feel free to get it off your chest.
You will respond that way because you will have to show how superior you are to me, because you'll have to save face in front of the other bloggers. I completely understand it, so carry on.
In my blog I was just outlining the deficiencies of the Bears offense as I see them! I am sorry you do not agree with them. But hey $h_it happens and try not to step in it!
So I hope you had a good deep belly laugh at my expense!! At least you did not suffer any pain or discomfort!
I hope that my words in this post were not offensive as you were trying to be to me. I am merely pointing out observations and theories.
Are your shoes clean?
I am glad to be of service.
Happy Blogging
To JW CHI----After you said you wouldn't stoop down to my level and write incessantly you went ahead and wrote 13 lines or paragraphs to me. Just as I said people are having a good time laughing at you for your ignorance of what you are trying to say. Keep it up, the way times are right now we all need a laugh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web