Disgruntled Jones reports for Jets wo...

Disgruntled Jones reports for Jets workouts

There are 12 comments on the Newsday story from May 27, 2009, titled Disgruntled Jones reports for Jets workouts. In it, Newsday reports that:

Disgruntled Jets running back Thomas Jones finally reported for OTAs on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Islanderman

Philadelphia, PA

#1 May 27, 2009
He signed a contract, he should show up.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#2 May 27, 2009
Islanderman wrote:
He signed a contract, he should show up.
Exactly...

He had no problem with the contract when he signed it 2 years ago. Today, he has a problem. Can't have buyers remorse 2 years later...

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#3 May 27, 2009
I can understand Leon's unhappiness......but not Jones's
bill p

Prineville, OR

#4 May 27, 2009
Oh boo hoo hoo, I am so rich but so unfortunate!
Cosmo

Brooklyn, NY

#6 May 27, 2009
Stop using the term base salary. He recieved a large signing bonus, you should average his entire contract and see how under paid he is. He is getting paid more than $900,000 for this year.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#7 May 27, 2009
Cosmo wrote:
Stop using the term base salary. He recieved a large signing bonus, you should average his entire contract and see how under paid he is. He is getting paid more than $900,000 for this year.
He signed a 4 year/$20 million deal 2 years ago with a $12 million in guaranteed bonus monies off of one good season (his last) in Chicago...

I don't see where he's been underpaid...
Mike

Ridge, NY

#8 May 27, 2009
I think Strahan started a trend. Make up any excuse to hold out during pre-season.

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#9 May 28, 2009
Do the Jets get a rebate for his performance the year BEFORE last?
Bud

Wayne, PA

#10 May 28, 2009
Why are we not on the phone to Arizona(who badly needs a top running back? Get Bouldin(sp) straight uo, sign Washington to a raised salary and believe me this guy from IOWA is the real deal

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#11 May 28, 2009
trade him for a Gatorade bottle; just getting him off the cap is a plus
The Dirty One

Tampa, FL

#12 May 28, 2009
The Sanchize don't need any iron pumping crybaby. The Sanchize will force defenses to respect the pass and open up the run game for any decent RB. The Sanchize will lead the J-E-T-S to the promised land. The Sanchize will have as many models as he wishes. The Sanchize will shine!!!!! Just read my twitters.

“Let's go Yankees”

Long Island

#13 May 28, 2009
Bud wrote:
Why are we not on the phone to Arizona(who badly needs a top running back? Get Bouldin(sp) straight uo, sign Washington to a raised salary and believe me this guy from IOWA is the real deal
That works for me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web