Backpedaling - a little

Backpedaling - a little

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 3, 2009, titled Backpedaling - a little. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thomas Jones backtracked from his criticism of Brett Favre , but only if one uses a narrow definition of "backtracked." Jones, in his first public comments since an interview on Hot 97 FM earlier this week in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

TOM JONES by IRONMAN

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jan 3, 2009
tom jones should figure out how to barrel through a line on 3rd and short instead of trashing another struggling player

did anyone on the team complain to the media last year that jones only had one touchdown and had been a real letdown acquisition at that point? did anyone complain this year that jones could never pick up 3rd and short (on the rare occasion when a running play was called)? did his offensive line complain that if they hadn't opened up holes for him that he'd be having the same year he had last year?

BTW- did jones completely overlook that he had a career year only because favre stratched the opposing defenses with his passing game which allowed jones to accumulate yardage?

JONES: do something positive- call favre, tell him to get his surgery, get into rehab, and start as QB next year
Andy

Elizabeth, NJ

#2 Jan 3, 2009
Farve was a key in the JETS final 5 game slide. Where was the coach to alter his plan to protect team? It is so simple looking back. Run the ball more. Does anyone recall a player named Curtis Martin? How many runs did he get per game? And there were still touches left over for (what was his name...) Lamont Jordan. Eric was an ass and that is why he is gone (good luck to Cleveland, more memories does any one remember thinking KC will regret hiring Herm, what was their record this year?). Go back to August. The work was done. The O line fixed (to protect Chad, Oh and why was line broke in the first place...Right Eric v a guy named Kendal). So now grab Farve and dump chad. The experiment was a bust. It is easy to see now. On defense it is even easier. NO PASS RUSH. Eric was so stupid late in the season he still was calling for better coverage on recievers (is that why he pulled Ty Law off the couch to get his ass more burned then a hooters waitress at a bottomless BBQ). While other coaches were coming up with multiple blitz packages to make Brett move his feet, Eric refused to blitz. That is why he is gone and Jets are out of the playoffs (again). I do hope the brass figure it out because we need an experienced replacement for Eric. No more experiments.
Dave

Bronx, NY

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Typical Jets. They all suck and are looking to blame one guy.

Notice how when my man is on HOT97 he plays to that crowd. And now that he is back to the real world, where those guys are the second class citizens, he gets back to talking like he should have.

Further proof why this tribe (the hot 97 crowd) will never amount to anything, they love to kill each other anyway they can. sheet.
MVP

Niceville, FL

#4 Jan 3, 2009
SHUT UP ALREADY. None of this is helping, and I never saw Favre bash anyone when there are failures all around.
Jim

Madison, WI

#5 Jan 5, 2009
Yea, nearly every rookie QB, even those with a rag-tag O line racked up better than impressive stats against the Jets the entire season...yea, Favre put them behind the 8-ball. More like farTHER...guess the "old man" couldn't keep up with the pace needed to save the Jets through the first 8 games.

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#6 Jan 5, 2009
aross757

Germany

#7 Jan 5, 2009
All he did was tell the truth. People want to protect Brett, but the bottom line is the guy will chuck up just as many picks as he will touchdowns. Sometimes i swear it looks like he just closes his eyes and prays that that ball gets there. You tell me one other qb that can get a way with these stats for the last four years 88 touchdowns and 84 picks? If Kyle Orton or Tavaris Jackson has those stats, they are screaming about drafting a QB with the first round pick. But since it's Brett, everybody turns their backs and says, just play ball. Has anybody ever thought that maybe he wouldn't have had to have so many comeback drives if maybe he had not have chucked two or three interceptions during the game? All Thomas Jones did was say what everybody else wanted to say...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs defeat Cardinals 31-13 (Nov '10) Nov '10 Ronnie 1
News Chiefs will face Jags with NFL's top rushing game (Oct '10) Oct '10 JAX 1
News Johnson's last-minute TD gives Texans win (Oct '10) Oct '10 OFS 1
News Chiefs Improve to 2-0 (Sep '10) Sep '10 kcchiefs fan 1
News Chiefs host Chargers in Monday night coming out... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Go Marty 15
News Charles Still Not Sure About Role with Chiefs (Aug '10) Aug '10 etters80 3
News Chiefs QB Matt Cassel Putting Pressure on Himself (Aug '10) Aug '10 Sir Thinksalot 7
More from around the web