Should The Oakland Raiders Cut Trevor Scott?

Sep 15, 2010 Full story: BleacherReport

Cutting Trevor Scott would allow Players like Thomas Howard and Matt Shaunessy more playing time.

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Sep 15, 2010
HELL NO...Don't cut Trevor Scott. Move Scott back to LB and start Shaughnessey at DE full time. Cut Quentin Groves if anybody...
Freddy

Granger, IN

#2 Sep 15, 2010
No oneh has to be cut. Based on Sunday, last season and the preseason, Shaughnessy should be the starter. Trevor is a pass-rushing DE at best and is great to bring on passing downs (3rd down; the Raiders have a lead). Groves did not impress against the run and I am not sure why Scott did not start. Having said that, Howard struggled more against the run than Groves (easily).

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#3 Sep 15, 2010
trevor scott is good where he used to be. he's out of place now. do what works better!
GO RAIDERS!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Sep 15, 2010
The starting front 7 should be Shaughnessey, Kelly, Seymour, and Houston on the DL and Scott, McClain, and Wimbley at LB. On passing downs, move Scott to DE for either and bring in Tom Howard at LB. On short running downs, John Henderson should come in as an extra DL and then go with the 3 LBs and Mike Mitchell at Safety and move Branch out to a corner opposite of Asomugha.

“RAIDER NATION BABY!”

Since: Dec 07

Jacksonville FL

#5 Sep 15, 2010
wow! really? why would you cut a second year player who had 7 sacks last year. just move him back to LB put Shaughnessey at DE. and on passing downs the DL should be Scott, Houston, Seymour, and Shaughnessey. but here's something to think about why aren't we in a 3-4. I know it would take a little while to implement but, our roster would make a great 3-4. the lineup would be

DE-Seymour
NT- Henderson/Kelly
DE- Shaughnessey/Houston
OLB-Scott/Groves
MLB-McClain
MLB-Brown/Howard
OLB-Wimbley
CB- Asomugha
FS- Huff
SS- Branch
CB-????????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Howard Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With lockout over, Oakland Raiders have big iss... (Jul '11) Jul '11 TexasRaider 1
Oakland Raider Post-Combine Mock Draft (Mar '11) Mar '11 JBG its me 3
Oakland Raiders defensive tackle John Henderson... (Oct '10) Oct '10 TexasRaider 5
Sack artist Wimbley proves a steal for Oakland ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 TexasRaider 1
Oakland Raiders: What We've Learned Through Fou... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Steve Tellers 3
Oakland Raiders LB Rolando McClain making a smo... (Aug '10) Aug '10 TexasRaider 1
Oakland Raiders: Taking a Look at the Outside L... (Jun '10) Jul '10 King Dyce 8

Thomas Howard People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE