Packers release WR Terrence Murphy

Full story: Fox Sports 27
The Green Bay Packers have released wide receiver Terrence Murphy after he failed to recover from a bruised spinal cord sustained in a game against Carolina last Oct. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Boog

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 24, 2006
I think this decision is a horrible one. Terrence is an amazing athlete and a great person. He has more determination than anyone I know and the potential to be the BEST. It's a shame that he won't be on the field.
Snoog

Fall Creek, WI

#2 Apr 29, 2006
I agree,Terrence Murphy seemed to get the bum end of the stick. Is he really not in the physical condition to play? Will terrence play anywhere else?
Jerry

Eagle River, WI

#3 Apr 29, 2006
Guys, if the medical staff thought he could play without the danger of injury and potential paralysis, he would be playing for the Packers. They did not want to assume that reponsibility. He is free to join any other team, but I don't think anyone will give him the opportunity to play. It would not be the right thing to do.
kidflash

Oshkosh, WI

#4 Apr 29, 2006
After the Packers cut Murphy he had to go through waivers, and nobody claimed him. Now he is free to sign with anyone, and nobody has shown interest yet. With the shortage of WRs this year you would have thought someone would have given him a chance. That probably means most of the teams feel the same way about his injury.
DaGr81

Middle River, MD

#5 May 2, 2006
it is a shame to let go of one of the best additions to green bay in a long long long time. i dont think he will be team less long. great player with a winning spirit. should of stayed on the packers. he will be missed.
Phosgene

Colombia

#6 May 2, 2006
Shawn, he is unable to walk, he will never play on a team again. Better sell your eTopps cards while you can on eTopps.com or CardTarget.com the moron CardEater is looking to buy as many as possible, I say lets give him all of them.
North Carolina Packer Fan

Raleigh, NC

#7 May 2, 2006
It is a shame about Murphy, not only because he could have helped the Packers, but even more so because he seemed like a decent guy with talent and now he has to give up something that he probably loved to do.
Cal to Green Bay

San Mateo, CA

#8 May 3, 2006
T.Murph was A.Rodgers' good friend on the team. It's sad that they just let him go when it was their team that injured him.
Vince

United States

#10 May 11, 2006
What a lot of people forget is the NFL is a game of numbers and money. Green Bay made business decisions along with the well being of Murphy in mind, but rest assure the man is a freakish athlete, and you have not seen the last of him.
Jerry

Milwaukee, WI

#11 May 11, 2006
Once the doctors decided that Murphy should never play again, there was no reason to keep him and have him take up a roster spot. If another team signs him, they are doing him no favor.
Cal to Green Bay wrote:
T.Murph was A.Rodgers' good friend on the team. It's sad that they just let him go when it was their team that injured him.
sheripreston

Edgewood, TX

#12 May 16, 2006
I am a personal friend to Murphy's family and I will tell all of you this.... Murphy is in good condition and will play football again. Green Bay put the screws to him. Phosegene obviously you don't know him and I dont know where you got your info from. Terrence is walking fine. He is in great shape and has high hopes of playing football again.
Cal to Green Bay

San Mateo, CA

#13 May 16, 2006
T.Murph and Aaron Rodgers were good friends. Wish they could've played more together.
Jerry

Eagle River, WI

#14 May 16, 2006
Sheripreston, the Packers have a dire need for a good receiver, especially now that Walker is gone. They were hoping more than ever that Terrence Murphy would be able to play. It makes no sense for them to "put the screws to him" as you say. For the Packers or any other NFL team to put him on the field would be irresponsible. Do you really want him to suffer an another injury that would paralyze him for life? Not if you are the friend that you claim to be. No, he will not play football again.
sheripreston wrote:
I am a personal friend to Murphy's family and I will tell all of you this.... Murphy is in good condition and will play football again. Green Bay put the screws to him. Phosegene obviously you don't know him and I dont know where you got your info from. Terrence is walking fine. He is in great shape and has high hopes of playing football again.

Raleigh, NC

#15 May 16, 2006
I've said here before that I thought Murphy could have been every bit as good as Walker if he had the chance. Unfortunatley, his injury will prevent that. I understand that he may walk just fine and is a tremendous athlete, but all it takes is one hit like he received last season and it could be devestating. Better to keep his health and live a long, full life than take the chance of being stuck in a wheelchair the rest of his life. I believe I speak for all here when I say we wish him all the best. I don't want to see him take the chance.

Raleigh, NC

#17 May 17, 2006
I have to agree with Packrat. It really is a shame that his career was cut short by this injury. Based on what was written and said about him, he seems to have the character that the Packers are looking for as well as the talent. But better, I think, to be content in knowing he was good enough to play professional football, even for the short time, that take the chance of never being able to walk again. I hope he can enjoy a full life, get married, have kids and be able to play with them and doesn't try to come back.
ericishere

United States

#19 May 19, 2006
Packrat is right!!!!!!!Terrence is 1 good shot from paralysis.He has a collage ed. and a year of n.f.l. salery,not including if the packers gave him anything after they cut him or any insurance terrence had.I t wouldnt be worth itto play,but,perhaps he can coach a small collage or get a job in his major.Terrence had to know he was taking a chance when he went to the n.f.l.

best of luck Terrence.

Raleigh, NC

#21 May 19, 2006
Why is there another non-Packer fan who really doesn't seem to have anything to say posting silly comments here?
Jerry

Eagle River, WI

#23 May 19, 2006
If making new friends is your goal Wang, then you are going about it the wrong way. You made a mistake when you took NC Packer Fan's comments the wrong way. There was nothing hateful in what he said. You must understand that this website is for Packer fans, and you said you are a Bears fan. The Bears are the team we Packer fans hate the most. You should not have taken his comments personally, and you should not have made that nasty little comment that you made.
wang lee wrote:
my brother duk su is big packer and we talk much football ,so why not me talk too PAker fan of cary nc why you so hateful. Ispend all of my money on computer and want to make new friends.but you hate me cause I dont no how to write.I say kiss my buttttt. p.s N C is full of wang haters.

Raleigh, NC

#24 May 19, 2006
wang lee wrote:
my brother duk su is big packer and we talk much football ,so why not me talk too PAker fan of cary nc why you so hateful. Ispend all of my money on computer and want to make new friends.but you hate me cause I dont no how to write.I say kiss my buttttt. p.s N C is full of wang haters.
You're absolutely right. I hate idiots who live in this country, but won't learn how to communicate in the official language. I hate worthless individuals who talk trash just to try and piss people off. I hate people who offer absolutely no worthwhile ideas. And I have no patience for jerk-offs who visit a Web site to cause problems and have no understanding of the subject matter.
ringworm

AOL

#25 May 19, 2006
I hate idiots like North Carolina fan of the packers .You sir are a backwords ratwood shittass shooter ,Asorry sack of rat infested monkey puke.You dont own the internet you predjudice pile of crap.who the hell are you to judge poor wang lee of california.Why dont you inbred okie from N carolina join the klan .You ignorant goofy redneck.no matter how you slice the pie I guarantee you the packers will still suck just like you p.s wang im your buudy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thomas Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carolina Panthers: Winners and Losers of the 20... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Lacy 3
Rodgers, perfect Packers face bumbling Bolts (Nov '11) Nov '11 GBPfan 1
Was Carolina Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams Wort... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Foodfarts 2
Panthers Enter Offseason of Uncertainty (Feb '10) Feb '10 sam 1
Panthers Enter Offseason of Uncertainty (Jan '10) Jan '10 between the uprights 1
Bears made bad call on short yardage (Sep '08) Sep '08 LMJN 2
Bears made bad calls on short yardage (Sep '08) Sep '08 Da Church of Da C... 33

Thomas Davis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE