Tide's Cody recalls fears, support af...

Tide's Cody recalls fears, support after injury

There are 6 comments on the The Birmingham News story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Tide's Cody recalls fears, support after injury. In it, The Birmingham News reports that:

The first thing Alabama's Terrence Cody remembers about his recent knee injury was the pain and fear, lying on the ground at Bryant-Denny Stadium and wondering if his season was over.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Birmingham News.

Tip Baker

Bruce, MS

#1 Nov 13, 2008
I would like to know why its always "John Parker Wilson" instead of just "John Wilson". I get tired of the media's useing the double given name. There must be a reason why he was named like this.
Bama Fan

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 Nov 17, 2008
In the South it is very common for people to go by their first and middle name. John Paul, Mary Beth, Mary Lou, Anna Beth, Jack David, James Ed, Sue Ellen, and Leigh Ellen are just a few often used names down here.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#3 Nov 18, 2008
Like ROLL TIDE ROLL
JPW

United States

#4 Nov 19, 2008
Tip Baker wrote:
I would like to know why its always "John Parker Wilson" instead of just "John Wilson". I get tired of the media's useing the double given name. There must be a reason why he was named like this.
Because he is hot and deserves to be called by his first middle and last name. ROLL JOHN PARKER WILSON ROLL!!!
sctide

AOL

#5 Dec 5, 2008
his Mom. Not sure why, but that was the story a couple of years ago when he became the starter.
sctide

AOL

#6 Dec 5, 2008
Let me correct the above post - The double name was at the insistence of his mom, or that was what was reported a couple of years ago when he became the starter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrence Cody Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jaguars claim Pierce off waivers after release ... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Fake IP Land 3
News Baltimore Ravens Release Terrence Cody Followin... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News 5 Baltimore Ravens Dark Horses Who Will Make th... (Aug '13) Aug '13 RavensWorld 1
News Sandy Hook choir, Hudson delight crowd (Feb '13) Feb '13 CrustyCarol 2
News Continue reading "Alabama football notebook: Te... (Sep '09) Oct '11 Darrel Boles 4
News Saban: It's not all about the sacks (Sep '09) Feb '11 deathvalley 55
News It's SEC and everybody else in college football (Jan '11) Jan '11 Eagle3 2
More from around the web