Raiders GM Claims Terrelle Pryor Has Shot at Winning Starting QB Job in 2013

Jan 22, 2013 Full story: BleacherReport 6

Veteran quarterback Carson Palmer started for the Raiders in 2012, but the results weren't exactly inspiring.

Full Story
noel

Kerman, CA

#1 Jan 22, 2013
Good choice
raiderfaith

Linden, NC

#2 Jan 23, 2013
I want who ever gives us the best chance to win. That said Palmer did great eith a lousy offensive scheme and no running game to help open up pass plays. I can't imagine on any level that Pryor is better suited to start. There are only two reasons he could/should start. First is financial. If the Raiders want to trade Palmer to get something decent in return and unload his contract. The second is if the team as a whole plays more inspired with him at qb. Both are good reasons. But I still think Palmer is the wise choice. Give him one more year and then move to pryor if he is the best option. That way you don't stick pryor in rebuilding mode and frustrate him/the team. Another year might be wise. Look at Rodgers, he say for awhile and learned now look at him.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#3 Jan 23, 2013
I agree with R-Faith. Let Pryor sit for another year and learn behind Palmer. Then we could look to move him(or maybe Palmer will get injured and Pryor can step in).

Either way, young, talented depth is a good thing. Just don't throw this guy to the wolves and run that stupid Wildcat crap. No "pryor packages". Its dumb and will ultimately stunt his growth at QB.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#4 Jan 23, 2013
i agree as well but i say trade pryor.
these are two way different style (qb's). they either go with palmer or go with pryor cause they will have to add two whole different type of schemes to fit their style. right now is the perfect time to do the deal. g olson seems to fit more of a palmer style and palmer still has a few years left in him. by that time we can groom a draft pick into a starter.
can g olson make it happen with pryor's style? good enough if he can, do it. but i don't think so. and you know we can't keep pryor that much longer. other teams are going to be interested. even washington could be interested looking at rg-3's injury? eagles may not be the only ones interested. i don't think RAIDERS really want to keep pryor. i think they are listening to offers better. d allen doesn't really seem to want him.
Oaklandborn59

Vancouver, WA

#5 Jan 23, 2013
We need a big shot in the arm to wake our team up Carson is not it, granted his numbers are OK but he has no real long term help for us. Move Pryor up and find a draft to be behind him. It is time we start thinking about tomorrow instead of trying to fix yeasterday.

Since: Jan 11

Tempe, AZ

#6 Jan 23, 2013
We have a solid backup Qb, who is young enough and talented enough to start right now, but needs time to learn and looks very promising. A few years ago any Raiders fan would have gladly taken a punch to the face to say just as much.

What changed? Just keep Pryor and let him learn! 3 years on the bench for a QB is not a bad thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrelle Pryor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Redskins work out quarterback Terrelle Pryor Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 7
2014 NFL Power Rankings Countdown: #31 Oakland ... (May '14) May '14 RaiderFaith 4
Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor (Apr '14) Apr '14 P T Barnum 16
Pryor traded to the Seahawks (Apr '14) Apr '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
Report: Raiders to cut Pryor if they can't trad... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Fred 1
More from around the web