Taking Away the Good and the Bad from...

Taking Away the Good and the Bad from Oakland Raiders Preseason

There are 10 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 26, 2012, titled Taking Away the Good and the Bad from Oakland Raiders Preseason. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Although the preseason still has a week to go, I think we have seen enough to make some judgments about certain aspects of the Oakland Raiders, with the first roster cuts coming Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

raiderfaith

Benson, NC

#1 Aug 26, 2012
Wish i could have seen pryor last night..hope to watch the reply tomorrow. Fair article. I hope the D is as good as we are expecting.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Aug 26, 2012
I think defense will be taken more seriously this year so that is part of the reason why I think we'll be all right as a team, but Palmer at QB I'm still not sold on, but hopefully Pryor develops nicely
raiderfaith

Benson, NC

#3 Aug 26, 2012
honestly i hope Palmer works out for us, he is the starter and if he can make better decisions, i think he will be alright! I just want a winning season.
Captain Canada

Virden, Canada

#4 Aug 27, 2012
Hey Faith and Tex. Yeah it's only pre-season, but the defense, McFadden and Jones, Streater and Criner, and Pryor the other night, have really started to impress me. Haven't heard the crowd buzzing like that over QB play in Oakland forever. That will be good for Palmer, Moore, Ford, DHB, etc, as they know the scholarship era in Oakland is over.
raiderfaith

Benson, NC

#5 Aug 27, 2012
I hope so CC...i hope so. I am ok with Palmer heavving the pigskin for us as long as he statts making better decision, he has great accuracy, but the gets him in trouble as he thinks he can through into doubke and triple coverage. If our WR''s fought harder to steal every pass thrown to them, that might work....but its not. Not really knocking our wr''s, just pointing out palmers need to play smarter.
Captain Canada wrote:
Hey Faith and Tex. Yeah it's only pre-season, but the defense, McFadden and Jones, Streater and Criner, and Pryor the other night, have really started to impress me. Haven't heard the crowd buzzing like that over QB play in Oakland forever. That will be good for Palmer, Moore, Ford, DHB, etc, as they know the scholarship era in Oakland is over.
Captain Canada

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 Aug 27, 2012
For sure Faith. I've been largely unimpressed with Palmer's performance in the pre-season, despite missing Wiz, Moore, etc. I couldn't help but think that he will have to be everything that Allen has been so impressed with at camp in the regular season, or it won't take long for the Pryor chants to begin. The youngster has some serious skills that he showed off the other night, and is getting better with each outing. Al must've been smiling.
raiderfaith

Benson, NC

#8 Aug 27, 2012
Al was definitely smiling wearing his white Raiders Garb and chrome glasses. i liked what i heard about pryors performance, buts that was one game...Leinhart still #2...isn't that the story of zleinharts career, play decent, sit out and someone fills in and plays better...guy can't catch a break.
Captain Canada wrote:
For sure Faith. I've been largely unimpressed with Palmer's performance in the pre-season, despite missing Wiz, Moore, etc. I couldn't help but think that he will have to be everything that Allen has been so impressed with at camp in the regular season, or it won't take long for the Pryor chants to begin. The youngster has some serious skills that he showed off the other night, and is getting better with each outing. Al must've been smiling.
Panics

Houston, TX

#9 Aug 28, 2012
I could see Pryor pulling off a win IF he stepped in for an injured Carson during a game...but not many wins as a regular starter....his run ability is great, still needs work on that passing game...

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#10 Aug 28, 2012
raiderfaith wrote:
I hope so CC...i hope so. I am ok with Palmer heavving the pigskin for us as long as he statts making better decision, he has great accuracy, but the gets him in trouble as he thinks he can through into doubke and triple coverage. If our WR''s fought harder to steal every pass thrown to them, that might work....but its not. Not really knocking our wr''s, just pointing out palmers need to play smarter. <quoted text>
sactly it RF, streater has been that kind of (wr)! man, that guy can catch! he is definetely a starter. if you have noticed the past few games, it was palme- streater! gotta love it. again, dhb impresses but look out injuries with him cause when dhb get gpoing he can make things happen.
RAIDERS of 2012!!!
Streater Out

Houston, TX

#11 Aug 29, 2012
Streater has looked pretty good so far....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrelle Pryor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Browns WR Pryor wants to give 'slash-player dea... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fart in the Park 2
News The Redskins work out quarterback Terrelle Pryor (Nov '14) Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 7
News 2014 NFL Power Rankings Countdown: #31 Oakland ... (May '14) May '14 RaiderFaith 4
News Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
News Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor (Apr '14) Apr '14 P T Barnum 16
News Pryor traded to the Seahawks (Apr '14) Apr '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
More from around the web