Oakland Raiders: Why Carson Palmer Is...

Oakland Raiders: Why Carson Palmer Is Team's Most Important Veteran

There are 14 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 27, 2012, titled Oakland Raiders: Why Carson Palmer Is Team's Most Important Veteran. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Carson Palmer will need to correct his poor play this preason if the Raiders are to thrive in the upcoming regular season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

raiderfaith

Raleigh, NC

#1 Aug 27, 2012
The Bleacher Report needs to screen articles before allowing garbage like this through. An article on the qb being most important??? Really???
Belcher Report

United States

#2 Aug 28, 2012
It goes well with the authors last report...

Fire Departments: Why Water Is a Firemens Most Important Tool

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#4 Aug 28, 2012
i haven't read it!(lol).
RAIDERS 2012!!!

“RAIDERS 2015--JUST WIN BABY!”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#5 Aug 28, 2012
Belcher Report wrote:
It goes well with the authors last report...
Fire Departments: Why Water Is a Firemens Most Important Tool
LOL!!!

Michigan

#6 Aug 28, 2012
I completely support Carson but he definitely needs to step it up a bit. He definitely doesn't like to throw the ball away. I don't blame him. Seems like, if you're gonna throw the ball, it should be down field. It's a very, very fine line between an INT and a "beautiful, perfectly thrown pass" that makes the QB look brilliant.

I don't like the INT's ONE BIT.....but as I've said before, any QB that can walk on the field and hand the ball to the opposing team TWICE per game and still put 20-24 points on the board?!?!?!?!..I'll take that QB any day!!

I just watched the lions game replayed on NFL network. Carson thew 3 or 4 bad passes. That's it......out of 26 attempts. The rest were dropped passes or at least very catchable. I also noticed an obvious attempt to "practice" with the TE (Myers). I think he threw at him 7 or 8 times. I think this may be a sign of what's to come this season with the new system.....Carson getting used to the short, quick slant routes and his check downs.

Michigan

#7 Aug 28, 2012
Speaking of Carson.....

Did you all see the play when he scrambled and ran for the endzone.....and then he tried to do some sort of "spin" move to get around the defender.....like he thinks he's a RB.....LOL.....I've watched it twice now and both times started laughing out loud. LMAO!! I love his spirit and his 'never give up' attitude but that was just toooooo funny.
Incomplete Pass

United States

#8 Aug 29, 2012
Zild0405 wrote:
...Carson...but he definitely needs to step it up a bit. He definitely doesn't like to throw the ball away.
Agree....

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#9 Aug 29, 2012
it's all good! palmer is the starter and he deserves to be the starter! now. if he craps out mid season then ya gotta do what ya gotta do. but for now? no doubt, he da man!
RAIDERS 2012!!!!
Pick of the Litter

United States

#10 Aug 30, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
it's all good! palmer is the starter and he deserves to be the starter! now. if he craps out mid season then ya gotta do what ya gotta do. but for now? no doubt, he da man!
RAIDERS 2012!!!!
Not sure if that is by default or what...lol...just stop the f#*kng INTS!....
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#11 Aug 30, 2012
Duh....Really?.....
Free INTs

United States

#12 Aug 30, 2012
Really...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#13 Aug 30, 2012
come on gentlemen. reality is, he is going to throw int's, but he can and has the ability to win the game. it' not al about palmer. we're taking mcfadden with umbles and dhb with injuries there is a lot more to focus on than just palmer. although?(lol) the (qb) is the star after all!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
Lyle Alzado

Littleton, CO

#14 Aug 30, 2012
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
come on gentlemen. reality is, he is going to throw int's, but he can and has the ability to win the game. it' not al about palmer. we're taking mcfadden with umbles and dhb with injuries there is a lot more to focus on than just palmer. although?(lol) the (qb) is the star after all!
RAIDERS 2012!!!
It all starts with the QB. He sets the tone and expectations for the offense and by default, the entire team. If Palmer goes out there and tries to avoid interceptions I think the team will do well. That means not making the stupid throw in the wrong place at the wrong time of the game. Its usually just a few bonehead plays that cost him the game. If he can stay away from those you have a chance. Dennis Allen may scale the offense back a little like he learned with teblow last year from Fox.

However (You knew it was coming)

Unlike the stock market where "Past Performance is NOT an Indicator of Future Sucess
It usually is in the NFL
It's called the QB's DNA
In Minnesota we saw McNabb's DNA all over the field
(No wonder they sprang for a new stadium!)
Reference

United States

#15 Sep 4, 2012
Lyle Alzado wrote:
<quoted text>However (You knew it was coming)
Unlike the stock market where "Past Performance is NOT an Indicator of Future Sucess
It usually is in the NFL
See: Bengals

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrelle Pryor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Browns WR Pryor wants to give 'slash-player dea... Jun '15 Fart in the Park 2
News The Redskins work out quarterback Terrelle Pryor (Nov '14) Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 7
News 2014 NFL Power Rankings Countdown: #31 Oakland ... (May '14) May '14 RaiderFaith 4
News Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
News Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor (Apr '14) Apr '14 P T Barnum 16
News Pryor traded to the Seahawks (Apr '14) Apr '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
More from around the web