Raiders QB Campbell leaves with injury

Raiders QB Campbell leaves with injury

There are 14 comments on the SanLuisObispo.com story from Oct 16, 2011, titled Raiders QB Campbell leaves with injury. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

Campbell landed hard on his shoulder after being hit at the end of a scramble by Cleveland linebackers Chris Gocong and Scott Fujita on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Oct 16, 2011
Campbell is likely on his way to IR, so we need to pick up a vet. I'm not very sold on Boller and it may be too soon for Pryor. Either way, this is not good for us.
Captain Canada

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Oct 16, 2011
Time to sign Palmer. Get it done Hue Jack. This team has too much potential to stand pat with backup q.b.'s.
Raiderfaith

United States

#3 Oct 16, 2011
Amen CC. Palmer needs to be signed. Boller scares me. Pryor hasn't shown enough to let him in a series in the last preseason...so he's not an option. Palmer!!!
Captain Canada wrote:
Time to sign Palmer. Get it done Hue Jack. This team has too much potential to stand pat with backup q.b.'s.
mwgfret

Hayward, CA

#4 Oct 16, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
Campbell is likely on his way to IR, so we need to pick up a vet. I'm not very sold on Boller and it may be too soon for Pryor. Either way, this is not good for us.
I was never sold on Campbell either but he was definitely better than Boller. Of course that makes Campbell mediocre at best. It's been a long time since we had a real NFL caliber QB. To think even a healthy Jason Campbell could lead a team to the Superbowl is to bark at the moon.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#5 Oct 17, 2011
well campbell showed me he was good enough to run the team but i have always said that he was made of glass and knew he was gonna break if he wasn't well protected. well, he was well protected but he was hit, tackled, and broke! did you guys see that comming? hue says that if campbell were to go down and boller went down as well, punter s lechler would do the trick because he used to (qb). well (lol), he did the trick! result?(td)! but surely h jacko wasn't serious about lechler being the (qb) full time. this is serious sh.t here. boller is not cutting it but he wasn't prepared to jump in like that so the RAIDERS kind of gave him a break yesterday and tried more runs with dmac and of course the fake with lechler to win the game. im very sure boller will start sunday and pryor will be (seriously) training incase. going after palmer or gerard will be a great idea but to jump in and have them start a game can be scarry and costly. i think RAIDERS will go with boller and pryor and thank GOD we have a bye week to think things over. but i agree, boller is not the future but i bet he will play the whole game comming sunday. after that? i bet the cheifs, broncos, and chargers are happy?
RAIDERS 2011!!! "JUST WIN BABY" AL!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#6 Oct 17, 2011
i'll tell you one thing, if gerard or palmer were to do better than campbell, campbell may be out of a job here. i think RAIDERS love his leadership and know he can run the team and they also know he injures easily. and he will get another chance but (qb) controversy will stirr things up again. THEN, pryor will be licking his chops cause he feels he should get the chance to be the starter. for know, pryor knows this is his learning year but he knows he's the future (qb) here if he gets it right!
it's gonna get interesting?
RAIDERS 2011!!! AL!
Geno

Portland, OR

#7 Oct 17, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
Correct, as a Ravens fan trust me, Boller is not your answer LOL.

It would be sweet if Palmer could be pried away from Cincy. He and Hue Jackson have history. Garrard might not be too bad either.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#8 Oct 17, 2011
He has a yeast infection so send him to the IR
Geno

Portland, OR

#9 Oct 17, 2011
mwgfret wrote:
<quoted text>
I was never sold on Campbell either but he was definitely better than Boller. Of course that makes Campbell mediocre at best. It's been a long time since we had a real NFL caliber QB. To think even a healthy Jason Campbell could lead a team to the Superbowl is to bark at the moon.
What was wrong with Gradkowski? All I ever saw him do was pull out last second victories.
Raiderfaith

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2011
He could never stay healthy.
Geno wrote:
<quoted text>What was wrong with Gradkowski? All I ever saw him do was pull out last second victories.
Bay Area Sports Journal

Santa Rosa, CA

#11 Oct 17, 2011
Raiders Have to get either Palmer or Orton... Boller will not keep up all year and Pryor is so far away that he may not even be a QB.

http://baysportsjournal.blogspot.com/
Freddy

Paducah, KY

#12 Oct 17, 2011
It does not seem that Palmer is available. Trent Edwards make the most sense. He was in camp and could fill in as a back-up. As far as Boller, I think he will surprise everyone and do well. He has a good running game and some playmakers. He did not really have that at Baltimore and St. Louis. He is also mobile which helps a lot. The key will be accuracy and not going for a desparate play (he loses his patience easily). His showed the accuracy at the end of the preseason when he got some reps. The patience thing is just in his head and be coached out. Six weeks for Campbell's seem unrealistic (less leverage against them in a trade?). Romo had the same injury last year and he was out a lot longer. I would not be surprised to see the Raiders sign a QB and then put Campbell on IR.
Captain Canada

Melita, Canada

#13 Oct 18, 2011
Looks like I might get my wish for Palmer! Hooray!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#14 Oct 18, 2011
Rosey Palmer is a perfect fit for the Raider fans, One hand Rosey Palm'n and the other with a finger in the Black Hole

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrelle Pryor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Browns WR Pryor wants to give 'slash-player dea... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Fart in the Park 2
News The Redskins work out quarterback Terrelle Pryor (Nov '14) Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 7
News 2014 NFL Power Rankings Countdown: #31 Oakland ... (May '14) May '14 RaiderFaith 4
News Former Chiefs Quarterback Matt Cassel to be an ... (Feb '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 6
News Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
News Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor (Apr '14) Apr '14 P T Barnum 16
News Pryor traded to the Seahawks (Apr '14) Apr '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 10
More from around the web