Game plan: Move on

If the Ravens are as resilient as they've been all season, they will make the playoffs. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Sandman

Baltimore, MD

#1 Dec 16, 2008
What is this team going to do in the playoffs? There was an argument earlier in the year, but I have to agree. Who have these Guys beat? Another year folks. This team has a ways to go.
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

#2 Dec 16, 2008
Flacco is for real. Any update on Washington or Rice?
Dan eastern shore

Perry, IA

#3 Dec 16, 2008
I don't think too many fans are dreaming Super Bowl,Sandman,until the team beats the Steelers anyway down the road.Dallas has tough D so which offense shows up?Run,run & pass or who knows what they'll call?It would be such a great credit to this '08 team to make the playoffs,first,after a 5-11 last season with a lot of the same players?
Rich

Marion, IA

#5 Dec 16, 2008
The Ravens have accomplished a lot this year with a 1st year coach and Q-B. We are not a team devided anymore, we are disciplined, we play good hard-nosed football, and we are wanted for our football ability not because we are the thugs of the NFL. What they havn't done is beat a really good team. We are 0-5 against good teams. Yeah we easilly could have won 3 of those games, but the fact is we didn't. Dallas will be no different. The Ravens finish the season 10-6. Very respectful, and it was(is) a very good season. As a fan it was great. I have only 1 regret. 1st and 10 at the Steelers 29 with 5:30 to go in the game, and leading 9-6. That Cam showed some gonads and went for the win rather than fold like a cheap suit. Fact is he is known for folding with the game on the line with all the other teams he has coached. Cam's been part of the excitement around here this year, it's a shame to see it end on this note. 3 plays and a minus 11 yards. Unacceptable. You had to play action on 1st down and get 6 yards plus. Next year, who knows, we need a lot. Recievers, running backs, defensive backs, and a tight end to start. Merry Christmas! I be rooting and praying Saturday night.

“NFL + NCAA Football!!”

Since: Dec 08

Annandale, VA

#6 Dec 16, 2008
For the Ravens, the playoffs truly start Saturday night in Dallas. If they win that game and their last game they will take the 6 seed and play in the wild card round against the winner of the AFC East. However, given their poor performances in Indy and at the Giants I have doubts whether they can compete in Dallas. It's a must win for the Cowboys too and the Dallas defense is probaby too much for Flacco. But in the NFL you NEVER know. Go Ravens!
SOUTHERN MD JOE

Baltimore, MD

#7 Dec 16, 2008
I'm not sure what game so of you watched.But this was a hard fought game in the Pits.Most Steeler fan voted the pole.So dont give up on the Ravens just yet.
Rich

Marion, IA

#8 Dec 16, 2008
SteelskinRaven wrote:
For the Ravens, the playoffs truly start Saturday night in Dallas. If they win that game and their last game they will take the 6 seed and play in the wild card round against the winner of the AFC East. However, given their poor performances in Indy and at the Giants I have doubts whether they can compete in Dallas. It's a must win for the Cowboys too and the Dallas defense is probaby too much for Flacco. But in the NFL you NEVER know. Go Ravens!
I wish I could agree. Fact is our play-offs started last Sunday. We left our play-off hopes at 1st and 10 at the Steelers 29 with 5:30 remaining in the game. We ran 3 plays and lost 11 yards. We ran on the first 2 and tried to pass on the 3rd. Gutless football. A sad ending to a fine season. We have yet to beat a good team. I doubt Dallas will be the first. But like they say, "on ant given Sunday". Here's praying.
Mike Morgan

United States

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Get those stinkin Cowboys.!
Mongo

Leonardtown, MD

#10 Dec 16, 2008
The Offense needs to step up this week and may need to score over 21 points to have a shot at winning, especially with TO, Williams, and Witten running loose in our banged up, undersized secondary. Once again, the O-Line will have to keep Flacco upright and avoid the killer offsides (Anderson!) and holding (Chester!) penalties.

I just hope these guys can focus on this week's game and put Pittsburgh behind them.
SevernDave

Millersville, MD

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Rich wrote:
Next year, who knows, we need a lot. Recievers, running backs, defensive backs, and a tight end to start. Merry Christmas! I be rooting and praying Saturday night.
Rich, I agree with almost all of this post. But you think we need running backs and a tight end? Are you kidding? With Rice and McClain, we're in good shape for years to come. And I don't know what most people think, but the ONLY thing wrong with Todd Heap this year is that they don't THROW to him!! He's as good as ever, they're just not using him. WR and CB are the BIG areas of weakness. RB and TE aren't a concern.
Whiners Unite

AOL

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Anyone catch the score of the Pittsburgh-Baltimore game? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
John

AOL

#13 Dec 16, 2008
Severn Dave, good call.
stew

Bel Air, MD

#14 Dec 16, 2008
SevernDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich, I agree with almost all of this post. But you think we need running backs and a tight end? Are you kidding? With Rice and McClain, we're in good shape for years to come. And I don't know what most people think, but the ONLY thing wrong with Todd Heap this year is that they don't THROW to him!! He's as good as ever, they're just not using him. WR and CB are the BIG areas of weakness. RB and TE aren't a concern.
mcclains running style wont permit him to be around for years. 2 more years max. you cant take that kind of pounding and have a long career. rice will be a good third down back but will never be a 20-25 carry a game back. heap is just to beat up from years of hits
John

Ellicott City, MD

#15 Dec 16, 2008
It's obvious that against quality opponents, Cam defaults to the gutless Brian Billick offensive playbook! Three yards and a cloud of dust, kick a field goal and hope the defense holds. Haven't we seen enough of that? It doesn't work anymore. Please Cam, when we get inside of the 20, at least pretend you're serious about scoring a TD. A pass play on 1st or 2nd down before it gets to be 3rd and 8 would make me believe again. If Cam calls the same game as he did against the Skins and Pitt, Dallas will blow us away!
Rich

Marion, IA

#16 Dec 16, 2008
SevernDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. I kept saying Sunday, where's Heap? Your right, they hardly threw to him. As far as running back these guys are good and have a future. But we can get better and deeper. Hey,great season and it's still in progress. The future is bright. As a fan I really can't ask for anymore than that. GO RAVENS!
stew

Bel Air, MD

#17 Dec 16, 2008
typical ravens fan, fair weather. you praise cam all year and talk about how he is the greatest thing since slice bread and they lose and now he is worthless. gotta love the roller coaster ravens fans ride
Peej

Atlanta, GA

#18 Dec 16, 2008
Rich wrote:
... Next year, who knows, we need a lot. Recievers, running backs, defensive backs, and a tight end to start...
Rich I have to disagree. We need a big wide receiver to stretch defenses and a big lock down CB. However, with Heap and Wilcox, we are covered for a couple of years at TE.

I would not go for running back yet, as next year's draft class looks weak at RB. McClain and Rice will complement each other. As to McClain getting punished, Bettis took that kind of punishment for 14 years and only slowed down in the last two yrs.
baltraven

AOL

#19 Dec 16, 2008
Peej, Bettis had "good feet". He could actually make people miss if he wanted to. That's not McClain's style. You name one big RB that had a long career. I'll name 20 that didn't.
stew

Bel Air, MD

#20 Dec 16, 2008
Peej wrote:
<quoted text>
Rich I have to disagree. We need a big wide receiver to stretch defenses and a big lock down CB. However, with Heap and Wilcox, we are covered for a couple of years at TE.
I would not go for running back yet, as next year's draft class looks weak at RB. McClain and Rice will complement each other. As to McClain getting punished, Bettis took that kind of punishment for 14 years and only slowed down in the last two yrs.
bettis was a big runner who had lateral movement, he didnt run straight on every carry. bettis lasted so long only because he was nimble and could spin or side step mcclain is more like a jacobs or christian okoye, and you cant take that kind of punishment. how long did okoye last and how healthy has jacobs been in his 2 years of starting.
larry g

Ellicott City, MD

#21 Dec 16, 2008
SevernDave wrote:
<quoted text>
and why they won't throw to Heap , I have no idea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud (Dec '08) Feb '13 rob 4,858
Often loud, Suggs takes quiet approach on Day 1 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pay 2

Terrell Suggs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE