Quarterbacks: Fall behind against the Ravens at your own peril

Full story: Baltimore Sun

Once the Ravens got their 14-0 lead in the first quarter against the Washington Redskins , you knew it was over, didn't you? Peyton Manning , Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger can lead comebacks against the ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of147
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
jrock

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Nice Article,
I was watching the Cowboys game and Romo is just a horrible choke.
john

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

whats going on mike? this is the second time in a week that we share the same thoughts
-mcgahee is definitely on the 'list,' and for now, you gotta think he's a reliever to mcclain. the shoulder injury from last nights game should be the newest excuse for not practicing.
-driftin qb, i get nervous that a defender might sneak up on him, but he hasnt thrown interceptions anymore
-heap, nice call from cam on 4th down
-just like his hero, favre, romo has mastered the interception thing in key moments.
john

Gaithersburg, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

btw mike, could you expand on hot head coach zorn?
i had given snyder credit for not hiring a 'proven track record-high profiled coach' when he gave the team to zorn. but as the season wore on, i get the impression from his antics on the field(attacking ballboys, whinning, slamming things on the ground), as well as in press conferences (goofiness when he wins, and a time bomb when he loses) that this guy is nuts!
with the way you have worded things with billick in the past, you should have a field day with this guy.
Joe G

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

What do you mean "might be time to make McClain the starter?" Gee Sherlock, ya think? McClain started the previous two games and ran great so I suppose it was pity that inspired Harbaugh to give McGahee the nod last night. The Ravens almost paid dearly for that miscalculation.
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

McGahee stinks!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!
gbw

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Ravens beat the eagles and browns badly, eagles and browns take care of the giants. Football today is anybody's guess on who will win. Except for the lions, nothing is guaranteed. Ravens start nicely, but willis almost gave the game away.
SevernDave

Fort George G Meade, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Good call on Romo, Mike. I had JUST finished typing an e-mail to a friend that said: Tony Romo = Vinny Testaverde. Great arm, good numbers, BIG mistakes!! Hopefully the RAVENS will keep the game against the Cowboys close enough to let Romo hand it to us.......Release McGahee after this season -- he's an over-hyped idiot.......We all need to remember that Flacco is a rookie. He's still gonna do "rookie things". I would imagine there's still a lot of stuff he hasn't seen yet.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Why is anyone so surprised about McGahee? If you had bothered to read the Buffalo papers when the Raven's got him, they were very HAPPY to have gotten rid of him. The very clearly stated that he didn't work hard, was lazy, fumbled alot and got hurt alot. Gee, has anything changed?

Before you get to excited about any aquisition, you should read what the former team, fans and media is saying about him. It's often very revealing.
Tim

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Jim Zorn looked dazed and confused most of the time - poor guy.

Two once proud franchises that start the seasons strong - and don't finish the same way? The Skins have become the O's of DC.

Nice work, Danny. Oops, I mean MR Snyder.
Ryan

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

I think this might have been Fabian best all around game
Danny

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Hey Rob,
I agree with the point of your statement, but we all know when a player runs his mouth about a team that I am sure that the fans and media will sometimes say some false statements. I agree that McGahee is not a team player and doesn't fit the Ravens way, but we can't always take what media (Preston) says to be 100% accurate.
Ryan

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

BTW Zorn look on his face (especially after suisham missed that first field goal) was like, "what the hell is wrong with you?" I hate when someone makes that face...most annoying face ever
Mike Morgan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

After that game, I think the Ravens have a good shot at beating Pittsburg provided they sit Mcgahee and that the defense is as fired up as they were last night.
Peej

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

'Twas a very entertaining game.

It was funny listening to the announcers express so much surprise at the speed, ferocity and discipline of the Ravens defense.

Flacco did an OK job, but that is what the team expects of him - and at 9 and 4, he is doing doing it well.

That 12-play drive that consumed nearly 8 minutes (11 consecutive runs against a defense that knew what was coming!) was a joy to behold. Ending the play on a 28-yd play action pass to Mason was absolute poetry!

Congratulations to the Ravens and our fans!
Peej

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Could it be that McGahee was trying too hard last night?
Cut_McGahee_Now

Holland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Go Ed! Go Ed! Go Ed!
james

Middle River, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

McGahee looked bad last night. I cringed each time he touched the ball hoping he wouldn't fumble. However, the calls that he is a bum - that he has nothing left to offer - are pre-mature. If you go back to his games where he's coming off a layoff or at the very beginning of the year, he looked just like this, slow to react, fumbles etc. As he got more carries, he began to look a lot better. Granted he should be in better shape and it was only a one game layoff, I do believe he will be producing when he gets his carries. Maybe not against the Steelers and their defense but the rest of the way.
MMac

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

I would make Rice the 1st half starter, then have McClain pound against the defense in the 2nd half. I would trade McGahee and get a draft pick. To be 9-4 with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach. Unbelievable, after last year's disaster.
upper deck bird brainned

Chesapeake Beach, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

I was surprised that on a frigid December night McClain wasn't the featured back. I thought it would be pound, pound, pound until the Skins cried uncle. The drive in the fourth quarter should have been happening earlier even if they wouldn't necessarily have been as long or gotten any points. On a cold night, it would continue to hurt to keep getting hit by a 250lb force coming at you. Whatever MacGahee's problem is, he has let the team down by skipping off season workouts and not coming into camp in shape. Another guy who has gotten by on great talent but at a certain point in any career, talent will only carry you so far and hard work separates the greats from the talented. After all, when you are one of sixteen hundred, you all have to have talent, what is left but hard work and a great work ethic. Wake up MacGahee, you still have time but ii's slipping away fast.
Bill

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Maybe it's just me, but, for MOST of the game, I felt that we were watching "Billick Ball " on Offense.
It seemed that we were trying to run left very unsuccessfully. It was like off-tackle, off-tackle, 3rd and some other play, then punt. We had lots of 3 and outs. It was simply "plain vanilla ". It might have been due to the fact that we were 14 points up early in the game........and that we were simply going to coast the rest of the way. What happened to that recent bragging statistic that we've scored 30 or more points the last few games ? There was very little razzle dazzle. The play to Heap was one, and there may have been another. We still need to maintain the offensive aggressiveness throughout the entire game. Good teams like Pittsburgh have the potential to catch up when behind. Therefore this laid back mentality when we're ahead can ccome back to haunt us !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of147
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Terrell Suggs Discussions

Search the Terrell Suggs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud (Dec '08) Feb '13 rob 4,858
Often loud, Suggs takes quiet approach on Day 1 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••