What they're saying about the Ravens

What they're saying about the Ravens

There are 64 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 5, 2008, titled What they're saying about the Ravens. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Here's a look at recent media coverage of the Ravens: Running back Ray Rice is receiving national attention after rushing for 154 yards Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Shazammmm

Sterling, VA

#1 Nov 5, 2008
Oh yea, what will you say about us when we lose a game? Probably something like oh they're overrated blah, blah, blah. We Raven fans don't care we still feel as though you people have no respect for us.
G Sizzle

San Mateo, CA

#2 Nov 5, 2008
Superbowl!
vudean

Millersville, MD

#3 Nov 5, 2008
I like the ESPN power ranking comment "Uh-oh!"

Uh Oh the ravens found an offense is right - the rest of the league is going to be in trouble.
Maui Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 5, 2008
Go Ravens! From what I can see the Power Brokers have stated what Ravens fans have seen all year. Flacco is going to be great, and Ray Rice can run his ass off.

They were just a little slow on the uptake.
pajoyo

Gaithersburg, MD

#5 Nov 5, 2008
Flacco and Ray Rice, what great draft choices. Where are all you Ozzie haters now? The OZ rules and rocks.
gbw

Glen Burnie, MD

#6 Nov 5, 2008
he ravens under new coaches have produce a dream season so far. Except for the colts game. the ravens have given the baltimore fans something to cheer about.Even if they lose close games, we fans can see the future and it looks better than any year after the SB win we had. To have a QB like flacco and the offensive line, we see great things barring any injuries.
OC Jim

United States

#7 Nov 5, 2008
As for all the Ozzie bashers out there. Rice and Flacco are looking like some very good picks.
jason

Bethpage, NY

#8 Nov 5, 2008
How come no one is mentioning how well the young O-line (minus W. Anderson) is playing?

Rice/McGahee/McClain can't run and Flacco can't pass if the O-line doesn't play exceptional as well.
Mongo

Bowling Green, VA

#9 Nov 5, 2008
This Weekend will be a really good indicator of how well Harbaugh is able to harness and focus the energy and attention of this team.

Billick's Ravens would take one look at the Texans matchup - on the road, backup QB starting - and promptly dismiss them while looking ahead to the Giants. The result, mental lapses and emotional meltdowns enroute to an all-too-familiar embarassing road loss.

This is one of those "taking care of business" games that a playoff-caliber team has to win. Here's to hoping!
larry g

Gwynn Oak, MD

#10 Nov 5, 2008
jason wrote:
How come no one is mentioning how well the young O-line (minus W. Anderson) is playing?
Rice/McGahee/McClain can't run and Flacco can't pass if the O-line doesn't play exceptional as well.
here here , they are getting better and better
John the Campaign Loser

Portland, OR

#11 Nov 5, 2008
DeAngelo Hall was released. Hmmmmmmm?
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

#12 Nov 5, 2008
The major concern for the Ravens belive it or not in the upcoming schedule is not the offense, but the defense! I know I may get hanged for this but our defense is a bit overated! The Ravens have to get a whole lot better at stopping the pass and stopping GOOD teams at crucial times, it remains to be seen if they can do this. If the corners and Ed Reed step up to the plate and perform at a high level and we start to get a better pass rush then and only then do we have a chance to get through this very difficult schedule coming up. And by the way, no one has yet to answer me and address why with a dismal and one of the worst records in the NFL last season the Ravens have one of the toughest schedules in the league this year, when teams who finished on top seemingly have some rather easy patsy cake schedules. I guess it is still our imagination that the powers that be in the NFL still have it out for the Ravens for some reason!
Shazammmm

Sterling, VA

#13 Nov 5, 2008
Oh yeah anyone want to complain about the black pants now?

DeAngelo Hall released man; Ozzie any suggestions?
Truth

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Nov 5, 2008
yes, it IS funny how all the Ozzie bashing dimwits seemed to have disappeared......typical!
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

#15 Nov 5, 2008
You got that exactly right, how many times in the past under Billick did we see the Ravens show up only to think their opponent would lay down because here come the Mighty Ravens, I used to alwys say that if the game were played with microphones the Ravens would have won the Super Bowl every year, how refreshing the difference in attitude under Harbaugh, let us all hope it continues that way!!!
Mongo wrote:
This Weekend will be a really good indicator of how well Harbaugh is able to harness and focus the energy and attention of this team.
Billick's Ravens would take one look at the Texans matchup - on the road, backup QB starting - and promptly dismiss them while looking ahead to the Giants. The result, mental lapses and emotional meltdowns enroute to an all-too-familiar embarassing road loss.
This is one of those "taking care of business" games that a playoff-caliber team has to win. Here's to hoping!
GHT

Portland, OR

#16 Nov 5, 2008
Mike B wrote:
The major concern for the Ravens belive it or not in the upcoming schedule is not the offense, but the defense! I know I may get hanged for this but our defense is a bit overated! The Ravens have to get a whole lot better at stopping the pass and stopping GOOD teams at crucial times, it remains to be seen if they can do this. If the corners and Ed Reed step up to the plate and perform at a high level and we start to get a better pass rush then and only then do we have a chance to get through this very difficult schedule coming up. And by the way, no one has yet to answer me and address why with a dismal and one of the worst records in the NFL last season the Ravens have one of the toughest schedules in the league this year, when teams who finished on top seemingly have some rather easy patsy cake schedules. I guess it is still our imagination that the powers that be in the NFL still have it out for the Ravens for some reason!
because no matter how you fared the earlier year, there is a rotation of other divisions you play each year in the AFC and the NFC in addition to teams you play twice in your own division. This year the Ravens HAVE to play the NFC East, no getting around it. Next year it will be the NFC Central teams. The problem is that by coincidence, the NFC East is pretty tough this year. We are also playing the AFC South this year and they just happen to be good too. Next year it will be the AFC West. With that said, that leaves a few "open" dates that need to be filled in. This is where you get creampuffs if you sucked the year before or you get division winners if you won your division. Because we were so bad last year we get Miami and Oakland this year. On the otherhand, because Pittsbugh won the divison last year, their "open" teams are NE and San Diego. They already play the Colts because the North is playing the south this year but if we hadn't they'd have the Colts assigned to them too. Make sense?
GHT

Portland, OR

#17 Nov 5, 2008
Truth wrote:
yes, it IS funny how all the Ozzie bashing dimwits seemed to have disappeared......typical!
is that you and Panera Breads?
Mongo

Bowling Green, VA

#18 Nov 5, 2008
Hall might be an interesting pickup, but is he too much of a headcase to play within Rex Ryan's scheme? If/when he steps out of line, would he wilt and check out after Ray applies some "leadership"?

Our secondary is our biggest liability right now. Even if the offense can keep up its level of play, we will still need the D to hold opponents to under 20 points a game to be successful. Will be tough to do against the NFC East.
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

#19 Nov 5, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>because no matter how you fared the earlier year, there is a rotation of other divisions you play each year in the AFC and the NFC in addition to teams you play twice in your own division. This year the Ravens HAVE to play the NFC East, no getting around it. Next year it will be the NFC Central teams. The problem is that by coincidence, the NFC East is pretty tough this year. We are also playing the AFC South this year and they just happen to be good too. Next year it will be the AFC West. With that said, that leaves a few "open" dates that need to be filled in. This is where you get creampuffs if you sucked the year before or you get division winners if you won your division. Because we were so bad last year we get Miami and Oakland this year. On the otherhand, because Pittsbugh won the divison last year, their "open" teams are NE and San Diego. They already play the Colts because the North is playing the south this year but if we hadn't they'd have the Colts assigned to them too. Make sense?
If taht is the way it is done it does make sense , I guess it is just our crappy luck this year that all of those NFC East taems have improved so much, well if we get a littl=e luck y it will make it all the sweeter if we happen to succeed, Thanks for the info!

“GO RAVENS!”

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Nov 5, 2008
John the Campaign Loser wrote:
DeAngelo Hall was released. Hmmmmmmm?
I say sign him! Chris might be lost for the year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Terrell Suggs charged in Arizona with leaving s... Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Steelers face big offseason question with Jason... (Jan '15) Jan '15 The Hemp Curtain 2
News Everything You Need To Know About NFL Playoffs'... (Jan '15) Jan '15 BradyHumps 3
News Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
News Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
News The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
News Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
More from around the web