Cold fact: Steelers is real rivalry game

Cold fact: Steelers is real rivalry game

There are 374 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 8, 2008, titled Cold fact: Steelers is real rivalry game. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

They did, though, by early in the fourth quarter, when they took advantage of the Ravens' gifts the same way the Ravens had taken advantage of some gifts of their own.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

CryingazzSkinsfa ns

Mechanicsville, VA

#21 Dec 8, 2008
True Burgundy wrote:
It was a good defensive battle, neither team had any real offense. What trash is there to talk, a couple of potential wildcard teams here. Don't expect a repeat of your superbowl year, while it does happen, it more than frequently does not.
Talking trash is exactly why Baltimore is considered such a dump by the rest of the nation. Grow up.
Yeah, everyone also knows what a dump DC is outside of the White house, and let's not forget DC is always right up there in leading the nation in MURDERS! But yeah, I hate to pile on your already miserable pathetic bitter life by reminding you that Baltimore looks at DC and all the people in it as their little stupid neighbors who wish they were tough.
SteelersRsoft

Mechanicsville, VA

#22 Dec 8, 2008
it's funny how steeler fans speak and show the fear in their pathetic minds.

We Ravens fans don't think twice about playing the soft steelers in Baltimore, they can't touch us in Bmore, hell, they actually got beat up by the Ravens in Pissburgh, nobody fears the steelers in Baltimore, we all know they are all bark no bite.

Good thing for the steelers that they got a gift from a rookie QB in Flacco the first time we played or the division would be completely wrapped up after this sunday by the Ravens.

Since: Sep 08

Westerville, OH

#23 Dec 8, 2008
Ed Reed - MVP wrote:
Ravens have to do the following to win against the Steelers:
1) Shutdown Hines Ward & Big Ben
2) GET THE LEAD by at least 7-10pts
3) Continue to play stifling DEFENSE
4) Shutdow Santonio Holmes from catching the long ball
5) Block James Harrison
6) Prevent Polamalu from getting pics
7) Stop Heath Miller underneath

The Ratbirds are in trouble if the Steelers Offense shows up to play.
Rich

Marion, IA

#24 Dec 8, 2008
Fells Point Craig wrote:
The Squealers haven't won in Baltimore in five years...soon to be six! Go Ravens!
Good point. I hope your right and it holds true. One things for sure, we are in for as good a football as possible, and as fans can not ask for more. GO RAVENS!

Westerville, OH

#25 Dec 8, 2008
Too bad there will be more Steelers fans at M&T than Ratbird fans. Steeler nation is everywhere! It's nice having home field advantage at away games.
Rich

Marion, IA

#26 Dec 8, 2008
Ravensman wrote:
The Steelers don't worry me. They almost lost to a mediocre Dallas team with a QB that threw 3 int's and they gave up two fumbles as well. Pitts burgh had a difficult time stopping a rookie running back (88 yds on 23 carries) and Rothlesburger was sacked 5 times. The Cowboys gave the game away in the end. I hope Roma plays like this in two weeks.
I love your point of view. Your probably right. I feel better already, thanks.
Rich

Marion, IA

#27 Dec 8, 2008
Erie Native wrote:
Too bad there will be more Steelers fans at M&T than Ratbird fans. Steeler nation is everywhere! It's nice having home field advantage at away games.
Don't count on it, Bud. If I was your I'd be loooking over my shoulder. Or between your legs, because your head is directly up your fanny.
Shazammmm

Woodbridge, VA

#28 Dec 8, 2008
Good game as always like I said everyone is still going to think we beat up on a bad team so be it, we'll just continue to kick azz on the weekend and take names after.

GO RAVENS!!!
OOSASASA

Annapolis, MD

#29 Dec 8, 2008
This game will come down to experience, Big Ben vs. Joe Flacco. I'll take Ben this year.
GoSteelers

Irving, TX

#30 Dec 8, 2008
It seems like the Ravens are really believing in themselves, and feel like they are as entitled to the division lead as the Steelers. But, I wonder if they're not a little over-confident right now.
SC_Ravens_Fan

Woodruff, SC

#31 Dec 8, 2008
David,
Thanks for admitting that all these other "Rivalries" are really manufactured. Redskins fans don't care. They only face us every few years (when it counts) and in preseason scrimmages.

Indianapolis should be a rivalry, but we have had trouble turning it into one by losing repeatedly.

Pittsburgh, however, is a blood-boiling, tooth-snarling, bare-chested brawl of a rivalry.

They escaped with a win on their home turf, but that will not happen on Sunday. They gotta come home to Daddy and we have a a$$-whoopin in store.
Rich

Marion, IA

#32 Dec 8, 2008
SteelersRsoft wrote:
it's funny how steeler fans speak and show the fear in their pathetic minds.
We Ravens fans don't think twice about playing the soft steelers in Baltimore, they can't touch us in Bmore, hell, they actually got beat up by the Ravens in Pissburgh, nobody fears the steelers in Baltimore, we all know they are all bark no bite.
Good thing for the steelers that they got a gift from a rookie QB in Flacco the first time we played or the division would be completely wrapped up after this sunday by the Ravens.
The gift in the first game was not Flacco's fumble, it was Jerrett Johnson's stupid personal foul that gave the Steelers life and the game. That's over and done with now. The undisciplined Ravens of the past are just that in the past. That's why this team is so exciting. They are playing good hard-nosed, intergerity laced football.
Joe

Alexandria, VA

#33 Dec 8, 2008
OrioleMagic wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Steelers and Ravens end up with the same record, the Steelers will win the division based on having a better conference record. The Ravens have already lost three conference games. So far, the Steelers have lost only one conference game [make that two, if the Ravens beat them].
Thanks.
SC_Ravens_Fan

Woodruff, SC

#34 Dec 8, 2008
Erie Native wrote:
You might wanna rethink your trip. Read the front page! Hard economic times means less security (especially to protect Squeelers like yourself!).
Pissburgh_Fans_B low

Holland, MI

#35 Dec 8, 2008
Doesnt that dump city have a weblog they can post on? Or is it that pathetic they have to come on here and show us what a bunch of classless un-educated ditch diggers they really are?
WDD

Essex, MD

#36 Dec 8, 2008
Lighten up Francis, this is a message board, and these types of games is what defines the NFL.
True Burgundy wrote:
It was a good defensive battle, neither team had any real offense. What trash is there to talk, a couple of potential wildcard teams here. Don't expect a repeat of your superbowl year, while it does happen, it more than frequently does not.
Talking trash is exactly why Baltimore is considered such a dump by the rest of the nation. Grow up.

Baltimore

#37 Dec 8, 2008
GoSteelers wrote:
It seems like the Ravens are really believing in themselves, and feel like they are as entitled to the division lead as the Steelers. But, I wonder if they're not a little over-confident right now.
Over-confident? "Gee Bob we think we might be able to win if the stars align and there's an eclipse."

Overconfidence is manadatory...the only teams that aren't overconfident are the ones who are clearly not going to the playoffs.
Fells Point Craig

College Park, MD

#38 Dec 8, 2008
Pissburgh_Fans_Blow wrote:
Doesnt that dump city have a weblog they can post on? Or is it that pathetic they have to come on here and show us what a bunch of classless un-educated ditch diggers they really are?
"Dump City"? lol, your from Pittsburgh lol!! Three teeth between all of you!!

Westerville, OH

#39 Dec 8, 2008
Baltimore is a dump city. What a crap hole.

Baltimore

#40 Dec 8, 2008
Erie Native wrote:
Baltimore is a dump city. What a crap hole.
Please tell me you did not post that from Ohio...please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers face big offseason question with Jason... (Jan '15) Jan '15 The Hemp Curtain 2
News Everything You Need To Know About NFL Playoffs'... (Jan '15) Jan '15 BradyHumps 3
News Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
News Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
News The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
News Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
News Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
More from around the web