Cold fact: Steelers is real rivalry game

Full story: Baltimore Sun

They did, though, by early in the fourth quarter, when they took advantage of the Ravens' gifts the same way the Ravens had taken advantage of some gifts of their own.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of374
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
phish

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Judged:

Let the trash talk begin!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!
True Burgundy

Lutherville Timonium, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

It was a good defensive battle, neither team had any real offense. What trash is there to talk, a couple of potential wildcard teams here. Don't expect a repeat of your superbowl year, while it does happen, it more than frequently does not.

Talking trash is exactly why Baltimore is considered such a dump by the rest of the nation. Grow up.
twisp

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

meh. the rats offense looked tired and lifeless. steelers will dominate no doubt. maybe one day the rats will hit the big time, but not today.
gbw

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Judged:

Look everybody, steeler fans already running their yaps. Big ben is agile and made some lucky plays. Even the wind in pittsburg helped them out. Should be a good game next sunday at M&T stadium. After the ass whupping big ben got last nite and the smack down this coming sunday, he won't finish out the season. Nice to see hineys ward not smiling and not contributing last nite. Without troy P ,cowboys should have won. Not bad for a turf,bowl team at all.
ocjohn

Berlin, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Dave, where do you get this insight, Stellers is real rivalry. They were a rivalry when the Colts were here and the day the Ravens arrived. Other that this great insight, OK article. Give you a C.
Joe

Rockville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

I didn't see the game, but am happy to hear the red team has just about been eliminated, the Post says they need to sweep the last 3 games and get help.... Who wins the division IF the purple team beats the black & gold team Sunday? Assuming they both end up with the same record?
Lynn

Middle River, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Sure the Cowboys should have won but when all the chips are on the table Romo goes from being one of the better QB's in the NFL to one of the worst...it's been proven time and time again. Next weeks game should be great, always a war when the Ravens and Steelers meet up and with Baltimore outplaying Pittsburgh for about 58 of the first 60 minutes of that Monday night game and now with Flacco playing much much better than he was at that time...should be fun for any football fan that loves hard nosed defense and running games
DJZ

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

another awful column
Fells Point Craig

Burlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

The Squealers haven't won in Baltimore in five years...soon to be six! Go Ravens!
Fells Point Craig

Burlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Joe wrote:
I didn't see the game, but am happy to hear the red team has just about been eliminated, the Post says they need to sweep the last 3 games and get help.... Who wins the division IF the purple team beats the black & gold team Sunday? Assuming they both end up with the same record?
Go play with your toys little "Man"
Ed Reed - MVP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Judged:

Ravens have to do the following to win against the Steelers:
1) Shutdown Hines Ward & Big Ben
2) GET THE LEAD by at least 7-10pts
3) Continue to play stifling DEFENSE

I hope and EXPECT to see big games from Flacco, Heap, Mason, Suggs and of course Ed Reed! If they do these things then our WINNING steak against the Steelers at home will continue. forget this week...NEXT WEEK will be the BIGGEST home crowd EVER! Let's bring it Raven fans! Baltimore RAVENS let's believe the HYPE and go out and kick some Pittsburgh butt!! Didn't Shannon Sharpe once say, it's not trash talking, if you can back it up (LOL)...so Ravens BACK IT UP and WIN! WIN! WIN!
Goldbug Charlie

Palm Harbor, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Let's hope it is the Ravens pouring out the excess "hater-ade" next Sunday. That was a good one Dave!

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Jeez, don't people want to give our O any credit? 17 points won the game. The D is great but our O is standing tall.

Since: Sep 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

True Burgundy wrote:
It was a good defensive battle, neither team had any real offense. What trash is there to talk, a couple of potential wildcard teams here. Don't expect a repeat of your superbowl year, while it does happen, it more than frequently does not.
Talking trash is exactly why Baltimore is considered such a dump by the rest of the nation. Grow up.
You're right. That clock killing drive in the fourth quarter was all Defense. You are a bone head.
Remaining Schedule

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

The Cowgirls choked another one. Romo's worst game of the year. We could have used that help but no- Dallas had to collapse in the 4th quarter.

I see both teams at 12-4. I am not sure what and how the tiebreakers fall. Indy will have the wildcard advantage over the Ravens unless the whole team takes a bribe. Ravens must win out to make the playoffs. To think a team has a 12- 4 record and probably sits in January.
OrioleMagic

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Joe wrote:
If the Steelers and Ravens end up with the same record, the Steelers will win the division based on having a better conference record. The Ravens have already lost three conference games. So far, the Steelers have lost only one conference game [make that two, if the Ravens beat them].
OrioleMagic

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Remaining Schedule wrote:
The Cowgirls choked another one. Romo's worst game of the year. We could have used that help but no- Dallas had to collapse in the 4th quarter.
I see both teams at 12-4. I am not sure what and how the tiebreakers fall. Indy will have the wildcard advantage over the Ravens unless the whole team takes a bribe. Ravens must win out to make the playoffs. To think a team has a 12- 4 record and probably sits in January.
The Ravens control their destiny. If the Colts win 12 games, they're in as a wild card.

The Ravens can still get the second AFC wild card. New York, Miami and Buffalo all have eight wins and five losses. Neither the Jets, Dolphins or Bills can win more than 11 games. If the Ravens win out, they are in as the second AFC wild card.

Since: Sep 08

Galena, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

phish wrote:
Let the trash talk begin!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!
Ratbirds are going down.
Ravensman

Davidsonville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

The Steelers don't worry me. They almost lost to a mediocre Dallas team with a QB that threw 3 int's and they gave up two fumbles as well. Pitts burgh had a difficult time stopping a rookie running back (88 yds on 23 carries) and Rothlesburger was sacked 5 times. The Cowboys gave the game away in the end. I hope Roma plays like this in two weeks.
Rich

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

What do you make out of last nights game? Well we won and the score looked good. Sunday night game with Madden in town, all very exciting. M&T rocked. It was a great night for Baltimore thanks to the Ravens. To get into the play-offs we have to win 2 of the last 3. Jacksonville is a gimmie in the last game of the season. They wont want to get hurt, just let them get home safe. Bad season for Jacksonville after being within 2 or 3 plays of going to the superbowl last year. So we have to beat Pitts. at home, or Dallas in Dallas. It just doesn't get any tougher than that. As great as last nights game was the offense was disappointing. Even Cam made a mistake throwing that ball down the field for a interception, giving the Redskins life. Madden has just commented how Cam was not allowing the Redskins back into the game. Than bingo interception. We couldn't run the ball, we didn't throw well either. Except in those spurts that won the game. Those spurts arn't going to be big enough against the Steeler or Dallas. The Ravens offense is going to have to find offensive consistancy against either the Steelers or Cowboys to make this years play-offs. Thanks to the Ravens for a very exciting year. Now we are in the thick of it. The Ravens are not going to back down. I don't know how we are going to win the Steelers game, but than there was no chance of us being 9 and 4 and in the play-off hunt as well as anyone

By the way the MASN coverage of the Ravens during the week with all the programs that include Rex, Cam, Coach Harbaugh, The Davis show that plays the Baltimore fight song along with all the really good interviewers are excellent and really helps add to the games played on Sunday. I am sure Angelos has nothing to do with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of374
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Terrell Suggs Discussions

Search the Terrell Suggs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud (Dec '08) Feb '13 rob 4,858
Often loud, Suggs takes quiet approach on Day 1 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••