McGahee eager to drop carry issue

Full story: Baltimore Sun 23
But McGahee said there is no need to get frustrated. "That's not going to get you anywhere," he said in his first interview since the surprise coaching decision. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Mess East BMore

Columbia, MD

#1 Dec 4, 2008
Warning to all Redskin fans. THIS IS NOT AN ORIOLE GAME WITH ORIOLE FANS........THIS IS RAVENATION.
veedub

Englewood, CO

#2 Dec 4, 2008
So glad Harbaugh axed the all-black uniforms. They were awful. Black jerseys with white pants will look much better.
Rich

Marion, IA

#3 Dec 4, 2008
We need to focus on the Redskins not Mcgahee. The McGahee thing will work it self out just like the offensive line, the recievers, the defensive backs, our rookie Q-B, a devided club house, and a team that was known as the thugs of the NFL to a team that's respected for it's play on both sides of the ball. How can you possibilly doubt this football team? Beat the Redskins and we are garranteed 10 wins for the season and a 80% shot at a play-off spot. Jacksonville comming in here the last game of the year with nothing to play for, after being 1 or 2 plays from going to the Super Bowl last year, will just lay down. They wont want to get hurt. They'll just want to go home after a poor season. The Redskins game is a must win which beautifully paves our way to the play-offs. Harbaugh knows this as well as entire team. I look for their top effort of the year at home this Sunday night at 8:15p.m. Hur-Ruh !!
BryaNC

Lewisville, NC

#4 Dec 4, 2008
I couldnt agree more Rich, this team will be ready to play. Hopefully the whole McGahee "issue" was nothing more than getting him some rest against the lowly Bengals. I would expect him to get significant carries this week. On the uniform note... I too like getting rid of the black pants. The black over white will look sharp. Lets get a national tv win to announce our presence with authority.
jemaine

United States

#5 Dec 4, 2008
those damn black jerseys are cursed! Get rid of them.
helllooo

Baltimore, MD

#6 Dec 4, 2008
The all black jerseys are bad ass. They're also distinctive bc no one else wears them. I don't know what you're all talking about.
PSU RAVEN

Cockeysville, MD

#7 Dec 4, 2008
veedub wrote:
So glad Harbaugh axed the all-black uniforms. They were awful. Black jerseys with white pants will look much better.
I think this is the first time they will use the black jersey with white pants.
I wish this would be standard look. Black with some purple.
Poe

Baltimore, MD

#8 Dec 4, 2008
veedub wrote:
Gotta disagree, I think the black on black is awesome. We'll see though.
Shazammmm

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Dec 4, 2008
HELL NO bring back the all black.
veedub

Englewood, CO

#10 Dec 4, 2008
helllooo wrote:
The all black jerseys are bad ****. They're also distinctive bc no one else wears them. I don't know what you're all talking about.
There's a reason no one else wears them, and that's because they're terrible. The all-black pants look like spandex without any striping. The black on white look is MUCH better.

Since: Aug 08

Chestertown, MD

#11 Dec 4, 2008
Anytime TERRELL SUGGS refuses to put himself in a position to do something to mess the chemistry up, messing around in clubs, ALL NFL PLAYERS should no to stay away from them.

If you need the company of women, bring them home and make sure before they come in that there is an understanding that this is just a temporary party. Put up cameras in your house to avoid false accusations. Do whatever it takes or whatever else crazy I can think of, but PLEASE NFL PLAYERS, stay out of the nightclubs.
Shane

Washington, DC

#12 Dec 4, 2008
I think the media should follow McGahee's lead on this subject and just drop it. It's a non issue. Does anyone think Harbaugh is going to come out and say that the Bengals are crap and McGahee needed more time to recover from injuries. McGahee was dressed and ready just in case the running game stalled out in Cincy, but was obviously held out to try and save him for the last four games, end of story. And I think the black jersey with the white pants looks sharp and is perfect for prime time.
Fells Point Craig

College Park, MD

#13 Dec 4, 2008
Who care what the Ravens have on, just beat the Foreskins!
rolotamasi

Mchenry, MD

#14 Dec 4, 2008
the black on black uniforms looked awful. thankfully someone in the know
changed them much for the better, and hopefully the change will stick.
helllooo

Baltimore, MD

#15 Dec 4, 2008
veedub wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a reason no one else wears them, and that's because they're terrible. The all-black pants look like spandex without any striping. The black on white look is MUCH better.
First off we've been wearing those pants all year at home and away with the white jerseys. Second, as I think about the jags wear the same black pants and I think they wore the all black in the divisional playoffs, but I don't care what they wear if they win. I just think its funny, though because the eagles wear white pants with their black jerseys, so we have to wear white pants with our black jerseys. pretty transparent but whatever i know lots of old guys dont like the all black, you must be old its ok there's nothing wrong with that
jon dey

Quispamsis, Canada

#16 Dec 4, 2008
I wonder what fat ,bald, black reporter Jason Brown had in mind when he went into a tirate.
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

#17 Dec 4, 2008
People forget that the reason the Skins are so hated by Balto. fans is because the NFL tried to jam either the Redskins or the Steelers down our throats when the Colt's left town.No self respecting real Balto. Colt fan would ever consider being a Redskins or Steelers fan, this is the main reason the Redskins are so hated in Balto..
Mike B

Waynesboro, PA

#18 Dec 4, 2008
On the uniform subject, thank you whoever made the decision to drop the God awful ugly all black and go to black jeresey and white pants, Thank You , Thank You, Thank You!!!!
GPT

Owings Mills, MD

#19 Dec 4, 2008
Come on folks, who really cares what uniform they wear.

They could go out a play buck naked for all I care, as long as they win!
Phil

Baltimore, MD

#20 Dec 4, 2008
What some in the press don't realize is that Harbaigh is concerned with winning games, not appeasing people like McGahee and Preston to ensure that their egos are stroked. But, for the record, as the article clearly indicates, McGahee's output has been nonexistent the last two games and he may be hurting. Preston tried to create an issue with McAllister's benching, and then we discovered that McAllister was playing hurt, which was hurting the team, and he ended up on the IR for his knee.

the bottom line is, and even the National Press (not local) has commented that resting McGahee was a smart move for many reasons - gives him time to heal up, creates an incentive for him to produce, and indicates that his needs do not surmount the team's.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud (Dec '08) Feb '13 rob 4,858
Often loud, Suggs takes quiet approach on Day 1 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pay 2

Terrell Suggs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE