McGahee running out of answers

McGahee running out of answers

There are 31 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 12, 2008, titled McGahee running out of answers. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

In the Ravens' 24-10 win over the Washington Redskins on Sunday night, McGahee finished with 32rushing yards and one fumble on 11 carries.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Baltimore, MD

#1 Dec 12, 2008
McGahee's problem is he fumbles at the wrong times...and he's too much "in love" with being from "The U"...and lets everyone know he's from "the U"........and he's not "Raven Tuff"...He can "Talk the Talk." but he can't back it up !
Ravens1-SteelerH ater

Arlington, VA

#2 Dec 12, 2008
Don't sell your tickets to squeeler fans!

Sell your mother first, but DON'T SELL YOUR TICKETS!

Luckily the squeeler presence at M+T have deminished over the years. They know they can't win so they don't show. Fair weather I guess.

Since: Sep 07

United States

#3 Dec 12, 2008
Willis can be very good. He is a big versatile back that just needs to get his head on straight. I was a bummer reading and seeing that he seems to be giving up. He needs some motivation and some team leaders need to step up and jack him up. We would benefit from him playing to his potential. Willis, you are better than this. Get your a$$ in gear and make it happen.
pro raven

Ellicott City, MD

#4 Dec 12, 2008
willis will play in Dallas (warm
weather)After the Gaints beat them up!!
Matt

Baltimore, MD

#5 Dec 12, 2008
I give credit to McGahee for admitting he has played poorly this year. At least he isnt trying to blame it on the coaches for not giving him enough carries. He is owning up to his own mistakes and I think he was just a bit rusty out there last sunday. Watch him step it up the last few games of the year if he truely is feeling "normal" again.
Rich

Cedar Rapids, IA

#6 Dec 12, 2008
Yes Willis had a bad game against the Redskins. As far as the fumble, I believe it came on the same play he got the stinger. It was a hell of a hit, and nobody holds on to the ball after being wacked like that. As far as the pitch that he missed, Harbaugh says that the wind got a hold of the ball and moved it two feet. That's what Harbaugh said so I don't know about that. I do believe a healthy Willis makes a healthier Ravens team. So lets go Willis, this is the Cowboys on national TV. What better time for you to come awake, and show those wonderful skills. It's money time, baby. This is your career game. Ball is in your court, and I believe that's were you want it. I look for a hugh running game from the Ravens this week, with Willis involved big time. GO RAVENS!
ocjohn

Ocean City, MD

#7 Dec 12, 2008
Well stated RavenKen. I believe, other than the fumbles, Mike and Anits in their quest to point out the good qualities of Mcgahee, started to carry his water for him. The lack of objective reporting (which they are suppose to do), lead to finding excuses and/or a bunker mentality which lead the fans to focus on Mcgahee. He has three (hopefully a lot more games this season) to prove himself.
Pat O

Ellicott City, MD

#9 Dec 12, 2008
Way to man up Willis! I say keep giving him the ball. He still runs the screen passes better than the other backs and if he gets in rhythm (only took me four tries to get that right!) he is an outstanding rusher. If he's healthy, he can still be effective. If not, well, it's good the Ravens have options.

Since: Sep 08

Baltimore

#10 Dec 12, 2008
What was sad is despite personally thinking he wasn't playing well, I had to acknowledge he fumbled while fighting for yards.
Rick MD

Baltimore, MD

#11 Dec 12, 2008
It's nice to see Willis take responsiblity for his lack of effectiveness like he has done all year. If not, this team could turn in to messes like the Redskins and Cowboys.

DON'T SELL YOUR TICKETS TO STEELER FANS!!!!!!!
Steeler_Dan

North Las Vegas, NV

#12 Dec 12, 2008
I bought 6 pairs of extra tickets for my friends coming in from PA. Im thankful that M&T has the same loyal fans as Camden Yards when the Soz and yanks come to town. Way to go BMore!!! Steelers 24 Ravens 10. On the bright side it is 6 Bmore drunks im keeping off the streets......
Joe Flacco

Grand Blanc, MI

#13 Dec 12, 2008
Steeler_Dan wrote:
I bought 6 pairs of extra tickets for my friends coming in from PA. Im thankful that M&T has the same loyal fans as Camden Yards when the Soz and yanks come to town. Way to go BMore!!! Steelers 24 Ravens 10. On the bright side it is 6 Bmore drunks im keeping off the streets......
Wow steeler dan, your coming all the way from Texas to see your team get their @ss handed too. Good for you. But if i were you I would save that money and spend it on my family for Christmas. How are you going to tell your family you have no money because you spent it on a @ss whooping?

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#15 Dec 12, 2008
Joe Flacco wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow steeler dan, your coming all the way from Texas to see your team get their @ss handed too. Good for you. But if i were you I would save that money and spend it on my family for Christmas. How are you going to tell your family you have no money because you spent it on a @ss whooping?
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here little man. Even the biggest bmore homers aren't predicting an asswhippin. these two teams are very evenly matched. More so than any other time I can remember.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#16 Dec 12, 2008
Steeler_Dan wrote:
that stadium is going to be full of terrible towels. the steeler nation will take over by the end of the game. watch those purple bird-team b!tches head for the exits with time on the clock!! make that place a home game before it's over. lol.
Fells Point Craig

United States

#17 Dec 12, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here little man. Even the biggest bmore homers aren't predicting an asswhippin. these two teams are very evenly matched. More so than any other time I can remember.
I think he might means fights in the stands! Word is no booze served after half and three times normal police in attendence...hope I can get my blackjack through security! Go Ravens!
BobosanIDIOT

Arlington, VA

#18 Dec 12, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't insult our team like that bobo. We have an offense now, your team does not. We haven't struggled against the run your has. We have alot a players on I.R. and still are only one game back, your all lucky that we are not healthy because the score would be even worse for you scrub team this weekend.
cch

Pasadena, MD

#19 Dec 12, 2008
First of all, Suggs should be pointing the finger at his organization for encouraging aftermarket ticket sales AND mass PSL purchasing by ticket brokers.

The Ravens official website has links to and is sponsored by "TicketNow". There are countless more available tickets on these websites than there are on ebay or craigslist.

Maybe the Ravens should re-evaluate to whom they sell PSLs and ban these ticket brokers from buying seats. They are in demand enough that they should be reserved for actual Ravens fans, not PSL poachers.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

East Butler, PA

#20 Dec 12, 2008
BobosanIDIOT wrote:
<quoted text>Don't insult our team like that bobo. We have an offense now, your team does not. We haven't struggled against the run your has. We have alot a players on I.R. and still are only one game back, your all lucky that we are not healthy because the score would be even worse for you scrub team this weekend.
struggle against the run? get real dingbat. Like struggling to hold brandon jacobs to 47 yards? Fool. At least do some research before you post. The steelers are #1 against the run. Top of the nfl.
jon dey

Canada

#21 Dec 12, 2008
Get your head on straight Willis! This new kid from Toledo has some nice numbers. Really looking forward to this game. Ravens 13-10.
bhster

Baltimore, MD

#22 Dec 12, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
that stadium is going to be full of terrible towels. the steeler nation will take over by the end of the game. watch those purple bird-team b!tches head for the exits with time on the clock!! make that place a home game before it's over. lol.
Yeah, Bob, just like the last 5 games in Baltimore. Best to take an opportunity to keep your mouth closed right now. Of course, go for it if you wanna, but I think the Ravens are gonna make ya eat crow Sunday. There will be terrible towels waving around at the beginning, but just like the last 5 years, they quietly disappear under those fans' butts as the Steelers get snatched into the jaws of defeat...AGAIN! Ravens 23-13.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pitta 'not delusional' about career-threatening... Jun '17 Hip phartsz 2
News Terrell Suggs charged in Arizona with leaving s... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Steelers face big offseason question with Jason... (Jan '15) Jan '15 The Hemp Curtain 2
News Everything You Need To Know About NFL Playoffs'... (Jan '15) Jan '15 BradyHumps 3
News Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
News Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
News The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
More from around the web