A running joke

The Ravens delivered one of the most memorable defensive performances in NFL history when they obliterated the New York Giants in the January 2001 Super Bowl . Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Maple Shade, NJ

#142 Nov 17, 2008
Steve G wrote:
How in the world did we ( the Ravens ) ever beat the Browns NOT ONCE this Season BUT TWICE ?????????? They were the only team to Beat NYG this season WTF MAN?????????
TWO REASONS: Just as The Ravens are probably not as good as their 6-3 record was coming into the game with The Giants, The Browns are probably not as bad as their 3-6 record is entering tonight's game. as I type, they are up 28-20 against The 5-4 Bills in the 4th quarter.
The OTHER reason is probably even more significant. Just as in boxing where "styles make fights," in football, some teams have the "style" that matches up better with certain teams than others. Hence, The Ravens BAREKY losing to The Steelers, getting BLOWN OUT by The Colts, and those same Colts BARELY beating The Steelers. You would think that The Colts would have EASILY beaten The steelers, based on The Colts and Steelers games against The Ravens.

Maple Shade, NJ

#143 Nov 17, 2008
SkateNY wrote:
@Steve G.
That's the way games go in the NFL. Whether you like it or not, every player in the NFL is top-caliber compared to their peers who never made it in the NFL. And every team has the potential to be a great team on any given Sunday and in any given season.
That's another reason. Thanks.
Yard Birds

AOL

#144 Nov 17, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
TWO REASONS: Just as The Ravens are probably not as good as their 6-3 record was coming into the game with The Giants,
What are you talking about? They beat the...

Bengals
Browns x2
Dolphins (who were 2-3 at the time)
Raiders
Texans

Those are quality teams, just ask any Ravens fan.

Bunch of fooled jokes.

Maple Shade, NJ

#145 Nov 17, 2008
Yard Birds wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? They beat the...
Bengals
Browns x2
Dolphins (who were 2-3 at the time)
Raiders
Texans
Those are quality teams, just ask any Ravens fan.
Bunch of fooled jokes.
I have to admit, you had me going there. But actually, even though The Dolphins were 2-3 at the time that The Ravens beat them, they had blown out The Patriots IN New England. Even then, The Dolphins had shown signs that they were MUCH BETTER than last years' team that went 1-15. You COULD make the argument that the Ravens DID beat ONE quality team in The Dolphins.
SkateNY

New York, NY

#146 Nov 17, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
TWO REASONS: Just as The Ravens are probably not as good as their 6-3 record was coming into the game with The Giants, The Browns are probably not as bad as their 3-6 record is entering tonight's game. as I type, they are up 28-20 against The 5-4 Bills in the 4th quarter.
The OTHER reason is probably even more significant. Just as in boxing where "styles make fights," in football, some teams have the "style" that matches up better with certain teams than others. Hence, The Ravens BAREKY losing to The Steelers, getting BLOWN OUT by The Colts, and those same Colts BARELY beating The Steelers. You would think that The Colts would have EASILY beaten The steelers, based on The Colts and Steelers games against The Ravens.
I think your post is very insightful. Good football fans seem to learn from what they see on the field. It makes the games so much more interesting when there are people around who can speak in a way that transcends the bias that is a part of team loyalty. Thank you.
SkateNY

New York, NY

#147 Nov 17, 2008
NFL football is like a funny little dog. Just when you get used to it, it turns in a very different direction. There is no one New York who could have, would have, predicted what the Giants did last year. Yet we all wanted what happened, and we were rewareded beyond our wildest dreams.

What team or city wouldn't want to experience like that?

But yet, it's absolutely inexplicable and part of what makes the game so magical.
SkateNY

New York, NY

#148 Nov 17, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.

And the Browns showed tonight that they can play with anyone.

One other thought...the idea that rookie quarterbacks need to be nurtured for three or four years before they step into a starting role is, I think, being shattered this year.

Look at Matt Ryan in Atlanta and your own Joe Flacco. These guys are good players right now and, I believe, will be for a long time. Just let them play.
Mrs Johnson

Chambersburg, PA

#149 Nov 18, 2008
This game should certainly put to rest any discussions as to why the Ravens get no respect.

Maple Shade, NJ

#150 Nov 18, 2008
SkateNY wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your post is very insightful. Good football fans seem to learn from what they see on the field. It makes the games so much more interesting when there are people around who can speak in a way that transcends the bias that is a part of team loyalty. Thank you.
Thanks for the compliment, but I am not a Ravens fan. However, I DO try to see things as objectively as I can, regardless of which team is playing.
Fire Trembley

United States

#151 Nov 18, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the compliment, but I am not a Ravens fan. However, I DO try to see things as objectively as I can, regardless of which team is playing.
You two should go get a room. You're both losers so I'm sure you'll have lots to talk about after.

Since: Jun 08

Ellicott City, Maryland

#152 Nov 18, 2008
Flyrican13 wrote:
<quoted text> Just one more post. "Cokehead" and "murderer" are two different things. The former is a disease and the latter is, well, murder. If you thought O.J. got away with murder, then you should have no excuse for Ray Lewis. he is just as despicable. But really, I don't want to get into any back and forth negativity. Good luck Ravens!! You have great potential. Time to sign offensive free agents and draft offense next year.
Would you care to share with everyone a single shred of evidence against Ray Lewis? The Atlanta DA sure couldn't, but since you clearly think you are smarter then him I am hoping that you will answer my question.
Texans Suck

Houston, TX

#153 Nov 18, 2008
Frederick Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, you had me going there. But actually, even though The Dolphins were 2-3 at the time that The Ravens beat them, they had blown out The Patriots IN New England.
Why does everyone refer to the Patriots as a good team this year? Because of what they did in the PAST? Even the 4-6 Chargers blew out the Pats in 2008. Get a clue. Ravens just cant beat a good team.
Bruce

United States

#154 Nov 19, 2008
gmen wrote:
I'd say the Giants are ultra-special and made the Ravens look ultra-bad. Getting run on for 207 is no fluke. Been waiting for 8 years for this!
I hope you enjoyed it but just remember, you might have been waiting 8 years but we DID beat you in the SB. THAT will never change.
Bruce

United States

#155 Nov 19, 2008
flyrican13 wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like you have a lot of resentment against the Giants' success. Let's get one thing straight. Every team has bandwagon fans. But on the whole, New York football fans are not in this category. They have been around FOR A LONG TIME, have sold out every game for over thirty years, and are loyal, no matter what. As for me, I love to post comments on the sites of other teams each week. Since the Giants defeated the Ravens, there is no need to post here anymore more after oday. On to talking about the Cardinals!! Good luck on your season Ravens' fans. I like that Flacco kid, but it's hard to root for your team when they destroyed us in the Super Bowl and have a murderer as a middle linebacker, no matter how good he is (just being honest).
You are a complete tool. Prove he's a murderer. You can't. Know why? Because the prosecution couldn't prove it either and it you can't prove it then he's not a murderer in spite of what an arm-chair sleuth like you thinks. You said it yourself, the Ravens destroyed your worthless Giants in the super Bowl so you feel you have to come on here and gloat because of a game that doesn't really matter. but the Spuer Bowl where we kicked your Giants ass DID count. So go ahead and gloat but we beat you where it counted.
Bruce

United States

#156 Nov 19, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
<quoted text>
You two should go get a room. You're both losers so I'm sure you'll have lots to talk about after.
YOU try to see things objectively? LOL, yeah right. that's the best luagh I've had all year. You're nothing but a loser and that's all you'll ever be.
Ras Bunkmate

United States

#157 Jan 21, 2009
Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU try to see things objectively? LOL, yeah right. that's the best luagh I've had all year. You're nothing but a loser and that's all you'll ever be.
Hey Bruce, since they banned waterboarding at Gitmo I think we should show an endless video of the Ravens trying to execute basic NFL offense. The pain would be excruciating yet totally legal. I'll bet we'd get those creeps to tell us everything we wanted to hear no? Whaddaya think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud (Dec '08) Feb '13 rob 4,858
Often loud, Suggs takes quiet approach on Day 1 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pay 2
•••
•••

Terrell Suggs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••