A running joke

The Ravens delivered one of the most memorable defensive performances in NFL history when they obliterated the New York Giants in the January 2001 Super Bowl . Read more
Next Year Boys

Baltimore, MD

#21 Nov 17, 2008
AngryDragon84 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ravens aren't losing to the Redskins at home.
You should worry about Philly first. They stink right now and you'll have trouble beating them. We ran all over you yesterday. Wait until Westbrook get's started. That defense couldn't have stopped Jamal Lewis yesterday. Face it, you haven't beaten a winning team yet and you might not.
Fire Trembley

United States

#22 Nov 17, 2008
Ravens were completely OWNDED yesterday. I was embarrassed to watch it. They got pushed around like punks. Congrats to the team for not allowing a 100 yard rusher. FYI...you all need to come and eat your crow. I OWNED all of you worse than the Giants OWNED the Ravens.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#23 Nov 17, 2008
They (The Ravens & The Giants) are who I thought they were. The Giants are a top contending team, and the Ravens are a good/decent team on the rise.

(And Ray picked a bad day to have a really bad game.)

Since: Jun 08

Ellicott City, Maryland

#24 Nov 17, 2008
FAN wrote:
What a disgrace. Pathetic, embarrassing, horrible and any other word used to describe the Ravens. They make me sick with their big mouth defense, well you bunch of thugs you got yours didn't you. All that talk about how good they were against the run when they stopped NOBODY all year. I'm glad you got beat and I hope it gets worse this week and the rest of the year. Harbaugh coaches like his brother use to quarterback for us, sh **** y!. Your team got their a$$ kicked. They will NEVER be a dominant team.
You just embarrassed yourself for one of 2 reasons: 1)You were looking for a rise out of people. 2)You don't understand football at all and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Ellicott City, Maryland

#25 Nov 17, 2008
Next Year Boys wrote:
<quoted text>
You should worry about Philly first. They stink right now and you'll have trouble beating them. We ran all over you yesterday. Wait until Westbrook get's started. That defense couldn't have stopped Jamal Lewis yesterday. Face it, you haven't beaten a winning team yet and you might not.
Face it, they beat the Dolphins who have a winning record.

If the Ravens are focused they will beat Philly b/c they are better.
Fire Trembley

United States

#26 Nov 17, 2008
Ravens homers have all been completely OWNED!!!!

Ellicott City, Maryland

#27 Nov 17, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
Ravens were completely OWNDED yesterday. I was embarrassed to watch it. They got pushed around like punks. Congrats to the team for not allowing a 100 yard rusher. FYI...you all need to come and eat your crow. I OWNED all of you worse than the Giants OWNED the Ravens.
Why do you pretend to be a fan of any Maryland sports? You rank up there with Lebron James in terms of fan credibility. I didn't think the Ravens would win yesterday and I thought it could get ugly. I was telling my friends that I thought they would lose 24-10. The difference b/w you and me is that I didn't rant and rave about it online to complete strangers and then gloat about being right after the fact. What kind of fan gloats about that kind of thing? You should be embarrassed.
Ravensman

Edgewater, MD

#28 Nov 17, 2008
Flyrican13 wrote:
Speaking as a Giants' fan, it is true that the Ravens should have opened it up more with 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter. But the announcers were saying that the Ravens run at any time and in any situation, so I assume that they were calling plays that they though they could get a lot of yardage on. Also, the reason why Flacco is having such a good year is because they have relied on the run a lot so that Flaaco is not put in bad situations. Yesterday, when forced to pass, you see how he made mistakes with interceptions, though the one that was returned wasn't really his fault. Overall, the reason the Giants won is that they are simply too good in all areas of the game. The Giants have depth EVERYWHERE and even when they do not play their best they score 30 points and limit their opponents offensively.
Let's see, Manning threw an interception too so I guess he is a fake as well. The Giants couldn't cover 34 year old Mark Mason. Imagine what will happen when other teams with good recievers exploit your secondary like the Browns did. There is no question, the Giants were the better team yesterday but they can be beat.
dav000

Piscataway, NJ

#29 Nov 17, 2008
Last week I said this in a post on Tuesday, first I said Good Luck to both teams.

Then I said, for both teams, a loss is not devastating because we are not in the same conference. So take heart, you're still in good shape.

BUT, to those who chose to talk smack despite my well meant wishes, live with your loss!

GO BIG BLUE!
Phil

Duncan, OK

#30 Nov 17, 2008
This loss is not the end of the world. Just prepare for next week. get over it! If the Ravens sneek into the playoffs, so be it.
Christopher

United States

#31 Nov 17, 2008
Fire Trembley wrote:
Ravens homers have all been completely OWNED!!!!
Where have you been the last 4 weeks? Go back to your hole, troll.
Next Year Boys

Baltimore, MD

#32 Nov 17, 2008
Ravensman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, Manning threw an interception too so I guess he is a fake as well. The Giants couldn't cover 34 year old Mark Mason. Imagine what will happen when other teams with good recievers exploit your secondary like the Browns did. There is no question, the Giants were the better team yesterday but they can be beat.
I guess they couldn't cover Mark Mason. It's tough to cover someone not on the field.
you got run ova

United States

#33 Nov 17, 2008
Ray Lewis is over rated.. he ONLY plays well when you guys have two big tackles that can hold up the center and guards..

remeber what he did in the 3-4 defense? When ever the Ravens play a real running team Lewis is on his back.. you're lucky Jacobs got injured..or else the Giants are dropping 300+ on you..

OVER RATED 1st round loss IF you make it into the playoffs
FAN

Baltimore, MD

#34 Nov 17, 2008
AngryDragon84 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just embarrassed yourself for one of 2 reasons: 1)You were looking for a rise out of people. 2)You don't understand football at all and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
I forgot more about football than you will ever know. The Ravens are now and will continue to be PATHETIC.
FAN

Baltimore, MD

#35 Nov 17, 2008
dav000 wrote:
Last week I said this in a post on Tuesday, first I said Good Luck to both teams.
Then I said, for both teams, a loss is not devastating because we are not in the same conference. So take heart, you're still in good shape.
BUT, to those who chose to talk smack despite my well meant wishes, live with your loss!
GO BIG BLUE!
Thanks for the nice words from last week. Your Big Blue showed the Ravens how to play footbal and NOT TALK football. You kicked their a$$
Boston Raven

Boston, MA

#36 Nov 17, 2008
Third road game in a row against the most balanced team in football. We got our butts kicked. It happens. At 6-4, the Ravens still have a shot at the playoffs, which is amazing considering our expectations going into the season. Give the Giants credit and get ready for Philadelphia.
Go Ravens

Owings Mills, MD

#37 Nov 17, 2008
People saying "the Ravens beat no good teams" is an aboslute joke. They're 6-4, and still in position to make the playoffs, get over it. This is the NFL, not college, the playing field is pretty even across the board, outside the Lions. We still have 4 of our last 6 at home and 1 of the road games is at Cinccy. Obviously every game will be a tough game, but I think we're in great position to finish 10-6. The Eagles and Redskins are not as good as everyone thinks, which was evident yesterday in Cinccy and with the Redskins looking like garbage 2 primetime games in a row. Giants and Cowboys will be the only 2 teams that make the playoffs from that division.

As far as yeterday's game, yeah we got beat, plain and simple. One thing that stood out that nobody seems to care about is WHY IN GOD'S NAME DID WE NOT CHALLENGE THE MUFFED PUNT IN THE 4TH QUARTER??????? I know we were down 17, but there is still a whole quarter to play, and we would of had the ball on the 15 yard line. First, how does the dumbass ref who is standing right there not see the ball crush the Giants player right in the back of the leg?? Then, how does nobody in this entire ogranization not tell Harbaugh to challenge that play?? Give me a freakin' break, there is no excuse in the world to not challenge that down 17. It is 2008, somebody has to have access to rewind that and tell the coach to challenge. I will work for the Ravens for free, rewind my DVR and tell them challenge within 10 seconds.

dav000

Piscataway, NJ

#38 Nov 17, 2008
FAN - any given Sunday, any downtrodden team can rise up. That's what makes this game so, well, addictive!

Think about it, the bigger an underdog your team is, the sweeter the upset!

I think the Ravens will be fine, and make the playoffs. Your coach, Harbaugh, has got the team going in the right direction. Give him a couple years and he will get you back to the big game.

Strange how no one in the media picked up on the connection of Harbaugh & our D-Coord, Spagnoulo. Both spent time as assistants with the Eagles.

Anyway, take heart.

GO BIG BLUE!
Joe Giant

Lebanon, PA

#39 Nov 17, 2008
It wasn't the Raven were bad Mr. Pryce. It was the Giants kicked their tails all over the field. The only man to play hard was Flacco who will be a superstar. Ray Ray is now officially OLD Ray. Ran over and juked what a shame
Mark

New York, NY

#40 Nov 17, 2008
you got run ova wrote:
Ray Lewis is over rated.. he ONLY plays well when you guys have two big tackles that can hold up the center and guards..
remeber what he did in the 3-4 defense? When ever the Ravens play a real running team Lewis is on his back.. you're lucky Jacobs got injured..or else the Giants are dropping 300+ on you..
OVER RATED 1st round loss IF you make it into the playoffs
I think it was because of lewis and reed he got injured. Name a linebacker who doesn't need the big hogs in front of him to hit those gaps to make plays. You can't make plays when you have to shed a guard and center. Let's be real about that. The D didn't play well everyone could see that but the Giants D wasn't that great either. They didn't get any pressure on Flacco and there were points left on the field. The Ravens will be fine and I think they will take their frustration out on Philly and Cincy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrell Suggs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Steelers face big offseason question with Jason... Jan '15 The Hemp Curtain 2
News Everything You Need To Know About NFL Playoffs'... Jan '15 BradyHumps 3
News Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger (Feb '14) Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
News Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
News The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
News Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
News Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
More from around the web