A running joke

Full story: Baltimore Sun

The Ravens delivered one of the most memorable defensive performances in NFL history when they obliterated the New York Giants in the January 2001 Super Bowl .
Comments
1 - 20 of 156 Comments Last updated Jan 21, 2009
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Long Live the Ravens

Fort George G Meade, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Harbaugh stinks...
what the heck

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

We got beat by a really good team, but why in the h___ were we trying to run the ball with 9 minutes left, down by 3 touchdowns? It looked like we gave up.
RonT

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Going into the game the Ravens did have the NFL's #1 run defense, but look at who they've beaten -- one team with a winning record! They only team in the NFC East the Ravens have a chance of beating is the Eagles. And on a good day McNabb might beat the Ravens! Let's see how their defense ranks at the end of the season!
Norris

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

How many starters on the IR? Hmmm. So what! Next up, the Iggles. Let's move on people. Remember that the more the 2nd and 3rd strings play, the better bench for 2009 when we get our guys back.
Flyrican13

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Speaking as a Giants' fan, it is true that the Ravens should have opened it up more with 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter. But the announcers were saying that the Ravens run at any time and in any situation, so I assume that they were calling plays that they though they could get a lot of yardage on. Also, the reason why Flacco is having such a good year is because they have relied on the run a lot so that Flaaco is not put in bad situations. Yesterday, when forced to pass, you see how he made mistakes with interceptions, though the one that was returned wasn't really his fault. Overall, the reason the Giants won is that they are simply too good in all areas of the game. The Giants have depth EVERYWHERE and even when they do not play their best they score 30 points and limit their opponents offensively.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

The Giants are just better....Really nothing else to say you were beaten at your own game. It happens sometimes.
Bob

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Look..the Defence is getting old..but they have young guy's waiting to step in..those young men can learn from the "Old War horses"..and then there's the receivers...too small ! after 10 or so years you think Newsome would see this..D.Mason can't do it all..get him some help...BIG RECEIVER'S !!!!..OVER 6'3"..220 LBS OR BETTER !!...That can be physical...run...catch....are you listing Ozz ?
RavensFaninNY

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Tough loss but it is time to move on. Sure the defense could have played better, sure the offense could have done a little more, but the Giants are a very good and solid team.

In order to win the game the Ravens needed to stop the run and make the Giants make mistakes, both of which they didn't do.

It was a loss to a team that is far better than the Ravens so now it is time to move on and focus on next week and win the games that should be won. Time to study the tapes from the Eagles-Cinci game.
Next Year Boys

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

So who's to blame for this loss? The Ref's, the weather, the N.Y. fans, no it's this overrated team. I said last Fri. this team wasn't as good as their record but they showed me something different yesterday. They quit!!!!!!!! And anyone who know's anything about football should agree with me. Thet showed no heart so they are DUNNNNNNN!!!!! 7-9 maybe. And that's a big maybe.
Choo Choo Charlie

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

The G-Men have been doing it all year and doing against some good teams. Yet people still doubt them, amazing.
Prospect Expert

Ellicott City, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

RonT wrote:
Going into the game the Ravens did have the NFL's #1 run defense, but look at who they've beaten -- one team with a winning record! They only team in the NFC East the Ravens have a chance of beating is the Eagles. And on a good day McNabb might beat the Ravens! Let's see how their defense ranks at the end of the season!
Let's see four straight road games and a defense that didn't prepare well. Just a fluke week. Any other week, this game is close.

The Ravens could stomp mud holes in any of the other three teams you're talking about.
OS RAVENS

Crewe, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Everyone saw it.... we got MANHANDLED, time to move on & get ready for Philly......

Since: Jun 08

Ellicott City, Maryland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Ed Reed is a liability on defense. He avoids contact b/c he doesn't want to get hurt.

Why wasn't a flag thrown when Flacco got hit in the head yesterday by the defender? Unlike the Suggs "hit" on Collins, this one was obvious. It's just a shame that the bureaucratic NFL is full of double standards.

Ellicott City, Maryland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

RonT wrote:
The Ravens aren't losing to the Redskins at home.

Ellicott City, Maryland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Bob wrote:
Look..the Defence is getting old..but they have young guy's waiting to step in..those young men can learn from the "Old War horses"..and then there's the receivers...too small ! after 10 or so years you think Newsome would see this..D.Mason can't do it all..get him some help...BIG RECEIVER'S !!!!..OVER 6'3"..220 LBS OR BETTER !!...That can be physical...run...catch....are you listing Ozz ?
With McAlister and Gregg out, where is the defense getting old? They have 4 starters over the age of 30. I don't classify that as old.

Ellicott City, Maryland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Next Year Boys wrote:
So who's to blame for this loss? The Ref's, the weather, the N.Y. fans, no it's this overrated team. I said last Fri. this team wasn't as good as their record but they showed me something different yesterday. They quit!!!!!!!! And anyone who know's anything about football should agree with me. Thet showed no heart so they are DUNNNNNNN!!!!! 7-9 maybe. And that's a big maybe.
Everyone knew before the game that the Giants were the better team. Losing to a better team on the road doesn't mean the team is done. Go cheer for the Redskins.
Rome

Fort George G Meade, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

It's happends. Remember Giants VS Browns. Were the Giants over rated? It's 1 game. Save the analysis for the end of the season. There is still a lot of football to be played and most of it will be in Baltimore.
gmen

Crosswicks, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

I'd say the Giants are ultra-special and made the Ravens look ultra-bad. Getting run on for 207 is no fluke. Been waiting for 8 years for this!
FAN

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Judged:

What a disgrace. Pathetic, embarrassing, horrible and any other word used to describe the Ravens. They make me sick with their big mouth defense, well you bunch of thugs you got yours didn't you. All that talk about how good they were against the run when they stopped NOBODY all year. I'm glad you got beat and I hope it gets worse this week and the rest of the year. Harbaugh coaches like his brother use to quarterback for us, sh***y!. Your team got their a$$ kicked. They will NEVER be a dominant team.
FAN

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2008

Next Year Boys wrote:
YOU ARE CORRECT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Terrell Suggs Discussions

Search the Terrell Suggs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns must get more from Paul Kruger Feb '14 Mike Lurz 1
Packers' Finley fires back at NFL for fine (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 3
The commissioner did it (Oct '13) Oct '13 Commissioner Gordon 1
Jason Butt and Glenn Younes Talk Ravens 53 Man ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Richard 1
Tank Carradine runs 4.75 to 4.85 at Saturday's ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Thomas Hagen 1
Ravens, Steelers getting ready to play the feud (Dec '08) Feb '13 rob 4,858
Often loud, Suggs takes quiet approach on Day 1 (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••