Predicting 2010: USC Trojans With a National Title

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

With nearly three months until football season begins, it's time to throw out my bold and brave thoughts and predictions for the 2010 Pac-10 football season.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
If he gets another team to clear him and he plays, then I hope that USC's doctors are wrong, as I don't not wish any ill upon him. I understand his desire to play, and he is entitled to get a second (and third and fourth) opinion, but if I were a doctor, I wouldn't want to risk my professional life on clearing him to play when the USC doctors already shut him down. If something were to happen... I would guess that the Jones family would have a good malpractice suit, regardless of any waivers signed by him. Additionally, as a coach at any of those schools, I wouldn't want that on my conscience.
Look, USC did right by him. They were fulfilling their commitment to him as a student by continuing his scholarship, as an athlete by allowing him to assist the football team, and they granted him his release when he asked for it. I really don't know what anyone realistically expects them to do for him beyond that.
I agree with you about the risk, If Georgia or Florida St decides to take him they better know he's able to play. Georgia got sued in 2003 from a CB named Decory Bryant because he broke his neck in a game and he didn't have any players insurance. I'm not saying USC medical staff got it wrong I'm just saying Georgia or Florida St better get it right.

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand not risking a life changing injury or even worse but he even went to some doctors outside of USC's medical staff and they cleared him to play. I guess we may not know the whole story but Georgia and Florida St both said they would check his neck out. I hope he wasn't trying to get another doc to say he is alright when he may not be, I don't know.
I sure don't wish any ill on the guy either. In fact I hope the "smart' dude signs with UGA and is the team's MVP!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>I sure don't wish any ill on the guy either. In fact I hope the "smart' dude signs with UGA and is the team's MVP!
Don't you guys have Texas on the schedule this year? If UCLA could win that game that would be huge.

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

UGA 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you guys have Texas on the schedule this year? If UCLA could win that game that would be huge.
Thanks for noticing UGA 1 and yes it would be huge. I don't think we are quite ready yet. But hey, we don't play cream puffs in our non-conference schedule unlike our cross town rivals trying to pad some wins. Our three opponents boasted a 29-11 record last year (Texas, Houston, Kansas St) while SC's combined opponent record was 15-23.

“Farewell, CEO, & FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Judged:

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for noticing UGA 1 and yes it would be huge. I don't think we are quite ready yet. But hey, we don't play cream puffs in our non-conference schedule unlike our cross town rivals trying to pad some wins. Our three opponents boasted a 29-11 record last year (Texas, Houston, Kansas St) while SC's combined opponent record was 15-23.
Oh, don't even go there, considering we just came off a home-and-home with tOSU, and have had the likes of Auburn, Nebraska, and Arkansas recently on our schedule, not to mention Notre Dame every year. Remember, USC and UCLA are 2 of just a handful of teams to have never scheduled a Div. I-AA team for a football game. I don't believe there is any team in the SEC that can make that claim.

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, don't even go there, considering we just came off a home-and-home with tOSU, and have had the likes of Auburn, Nebraska, and Arkansas recently on our schedule, not to mention Notre Dame every year. Remember, USC and UCLA are 2 of just a handful of teams to have never scheduled a Div. I-AA team for a football game. I don't believe there is any team in the SEC that can make that claim.
Come on, scheduling two "powerhouse" (sic) football programs like Virginia and Minnesota on your schedule? Please...

But you are right, our schedules are usually much tougher than most of these weak link conferences out there. It ticks me off how Memphis basketball puts up great stats every year when they are playing small schools we have never heard of, and their conference shouldn't even be 2A...

“Farewell, CEO, & FIGHT ON!!!”

Since: Aug 08

Welcome back, Sark!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Brew In wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, scheduling two "powerhouse" (sic) football programs like Virginia and Minnesota on your schedule? Please...
You have to remember, these games are scheduled years in advance, so it is impossible to tell how strong a team will be when they are scheduled. Although, there are sometimes I look at the schedule and think "What the eff??" San Jose State in our case, San Diego State in your case. But at least they are still Division I-A schools.

San Fernando Valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

CPEM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to remember, these games are scheduled years in advance, so it is impossible to tell how strong a team will be when they are scheduled. Although, there are sometimes I look at the schedule and think "What the eff??" San Jose State in our case, San Diego State in your case. But at least they are still Division I-A schools.
I hear ya'...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Taylor Mays Discussions

Search the Taylor Mays Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
After interest from Bengals, Michael Huff worki... Nov '13 Cowboyfan 2
Pictures: NFL hits from 2010 season (Oct '10) Oct '10 Bullfarts 6
49ers report card (Oct '10) Oct '10 xplant9er 1
Report: Lewis quits on 49ers (Oct '10) Oct '10 michael lewis 1
College Football Countdown: No. 13 USC (Aug '10) Aug '10 Chosen Traveler 1
Team #14 - USC Trojans College Football Preview (Jul '10) Jul '10 Chosen Traveler 1
Redshirt freshman DB Byron Moore departing from... (Jul '10) Jul '10 deathvalley 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••