Untested Jackson ready for scrutiny, challenge of taking over as Vikings quarterback

Jul 29, 2007 Full story: NFL Football Sports Betting News 23

“OK, we're going to win this game.”

Tarvaris Jackson spent the first morning of Minnesota's training camp with his red jersey half-rolled up underneath his shoulder pads, partially hiding the No. via NFL Football Sports Betting News

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Avant

Henderson, NV

#1 Aug 1, 2007
He's ready.

“still rockin, still rollin”

Since: Jul 07

Southern Illinois

#3 Aug 1, 2007
I read last night on Twincitys.com that it took seven practices until Jackson could hit the deep throw. It also was to Rice and not Williamson.

Southern Illinois

#4 Aug 1, 2007
Avant wrote:
He's ready.
fragmented senctence no subject.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#5 Aug 1, 2007
Here's some more great TJ news.

FOR AVANT- This wat compyewter say about TJ:

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6512265

Me have bad feeling in belly now.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#6 Aug 1, 2007
Oh, I forgot. They write that stuff in proper English too.

Here:
It say, TJ throw ball too far and it go to rong guy. TJ throw ball wear rong guy catch it easy. TJ drops ball on grownd like Dante.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#7 Aug 1, 2007
Oh sorry, I ment "Dontay"
Fran the Man

Anchorage, AK

#8 Aug 1, 2007
Gonzo wrote:
Here's some more (From the Star Tribune);

One observation from this practice: This was the first day that one quarterback was clearly better and that guy was Bollinger. Both Jackson and Bollinger had rough days on Tuesday but this morning Bollinger appeared to be much more in control.

The rest of the article;

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/

Southern Illinois

#9 Aug 1, 2007
Gonzo wrote:
Oh sorry, I ment "Dontay"
I laughed for several minutes on that one. I thought I was the only one attempting to correct "you know whos" English.

Thanks for the help!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 Aug 1, 2007
Gonzo wrote:
Remember everything you say has be archived. When TJ is successful, guess what i'm going to do?

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#11 Aug 1, 2007
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Remember everything you say has be archived. When TJ is successful, guess what i'm going to do?
You right, everything I say has be archived.(lol)

I hope for your sake, and more importantly, for the sake of the Vikings, that TJ can at least be average. You still don't get it! I already have enough ammo to wipe you out now. I'm not going to fire it all in one day. I'm bored so, I'm taking my time with you. You would be wise to beg me for mercy now.
Terry

United States

#12 Aug 1, 2007
Just wait TJ is going to be great. just dont expect to much to fast.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#13 Aug 2, 2007
Terry wrote:
Just wait TJ is going to be great. just dont expect to much to fast.
I don't Terry but, a certain poster here has him at league MVP. Serviceable would be good with me right now. Also, the way things are going in camp so far, I wonder if ANY QB would be good enough! Goodnight, God Bless, and SAY YOUR PRAYERS!

P.S. I don't even go to church.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 2, 2007
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't Terry but, a certain poster here has him at league MVP. Serviceable would be good with me right now. Also, the way things are going in camp so far, I wonder if ANY QB would be good enough! Goodnight, God Bless, and SAY YOUR PRAYERS!
P.S. I don't even go to church.
OK i've found some time. This is going to cut into Magnum man's sessions, but you're crying for help. With the running game we have gonzo, you can play qb with a bad hip and gallbladder, and win 8 games for this team. Capiche?

Southern Illinois

#15 Aug 2, 2007
1) Magnum man - Magnum Man or Sir to you!
2) i've - I've
3) we - Minnesota Vikings. Your nothing to them.
4) gonzo - Mr. Gonzo to you!
5) Bad gallbladder - you're no doctor.
6) 8 - eight
7) Stick with English - you don't even have it down yet!
8) man's - mans
9) Quit trying to explain football to those that know the game better than you! You look foolish!

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#16 Aug 2, 2007
Magnum Man wrote:
1) Magnum man - Magnum Man or Sir to you!
2) i've - I've
3) we - Minnesota Vikings. Your nothing to them.
4) gonzo - Mr. Gonzo to you!
5) Bad gallbladder - you're no doctor.
6) 8 - eight
7) Stick with English - you don't even have it down yet!
8) man's - mans
9) Quit trying to explain football to those that know the game better than you! You look foolish!
He knows about the gall bladder from my past but, I don't have a BAD one because, I don't have ANY, they took it out! Again, poor sentence structure and just plain poor posting.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#17 Aug 2, 2007
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>OK i've found some time. This is going to cut into Magnum man's sessions, but you're crying for help. With the running game we have gonzo, you can play qb with a bad hip and gallbladder, and win 8 games for this team. Capiche?
I'm going to give you a D grade on this post because, it seems you have been listening to me some. Your admiting that TJ pretty much just needs to not screw it up. However, too many int's and fumbles (see: Culpepper, Dante) can be costly. If you've been reading the training camp reports that I and, some others have been posting (not from "First Take" or "Live with Regis and Kelly") you'd see that Bolinger seems to be winning the Battle of BRAINS between the two. Even at this early stage, it seems to still be a battle with a short leash for whoever wins out. In closing, your point about not having to have a "star" QB this year to win games is well taken and, even a good obsevation. However, as Magnum said, your lack of respect by not refering to me as "Sir" or "My Liege" has dropped your D minus to a D. Keep studying. There is hope.

Southern Illinois

#18 Aug 3, 2007
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Remember everything you say has be archived. When TJ is successful, guess what i'm going to do?
Be committed to an old folks home?

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#19 Aug 3, 2007
Avant wrote:
He's ready.
Not yet!

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6530978...

Same old, same old. I'm getting pissed so, your next post better be about how foolish you've been and, that you're sorry.

Location hidden

#20 Aug 3, 2007
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not yet!
http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6530978...
Same old, same old. I'm getting pissed so, your next post better be about how foolish you've been and, that you're sorry.
What's your problem with TJ? He has the talent and work ethic to be a star. Let me tell you i've seen bollinger play, we don't want him as our starting qb.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#21 Aug 3, 2007
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>What's your problem with TJ? He has the talent and work ethic to be a star. Let me tell you i've seen bollinger play, we don't want him as our starting qb.
I'm not concerned with his talent or work ethic, I'm concerned with his intelligence or, like you at times, lack thereof. Now go here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/nfl/minnesota-viki...

Read my post and analysis for today and, don't make me re-grade your comments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarvaris Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
Tarkenton: If not for Favre's 'stupid play,' Vi... (Jan '10) Apr '14 Murdock75 782
Pryor struggles in Oakland's 22-6 loss to Seattle (Aug '13) Sep '13 Stevie Wonder 11
Bills coach wants QB competition in training camp (Feb '13) Feb '13 Stubby 7
Russell Wilson Earns Early Passing Grades (Sep '12) Sep '12 Handy Baloonski 3
REPORT: Tarvaris Jackson Likely To Get Traded S... (Aug '12) Sep '12 Harry 16
More from around the web