Vikings hope Brett Favre returns Mond...

Vikings hope Brett Favre returns Monday night; Tarvaris Jackson might be out

There are 68 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 14, 2010, titled Vikings hope Brett Favre returns Monday night; Tarvaris Jackson might be out. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Brett Favre talks with Tarvaris Jackson during warm ups prior to playing the New York Giants at Ford Field on December 13, 2010 in Detroit, Michigan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Who_Dat_Charlie

Baton Rouge, LA

#64 Dec 15, 2010
idea wrote:
<quoted text>
that city should love Katrina, they got free money, they got to keep their NFL team, people pitie them, they were awarded a superbowl, they were awarded a NFC championsip game in chicago, a NFC championship game rigged in their favor two years later to ensure a SuperBowl win for them, any criminal records were thrown out for most people, etc. etc. etc.
You left out the league rigged the season opener against the Vikes this year too. As I recall the Saints won that one too.

WHO DAT
TWO DAT
Dan

Minneapolis, MN

#65 Dec 15, 2010
Christopher Singer wrote:
Favre is done for the season. They underplay this injury. I've had it. A cough feels like you've been run through. A sneeze and you are writhing in pain. The career is over. Give Webb another shot and bring out the rookie Archer. The season's over folks. Let's find our future.
totally agree. the 5 yr t-joke experiment is over with. time to see what webb has and put archer as back-up, which the vikings can look towards the draft
Charles Manson

Webster, NY

#66 Dec 15, 2010
Wow wrote:
I'm glad someone else also threw out the name Dante Culpepper. The UFL season is over, and wouldn't it be ironic if he shows up for 50th annivaery celebration in a Vikings uniform. It's not like they didn't already bring in Randy Moss this season too.
Plus they're just playing for draft positioning next year. I see this team being like the Steelers about seven years ago. Good team with a lot of talent, but they had injuries, bad luck, and horrible QB play and went around 6-10. Not bad enough for the top two QBs (Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers), but picking around No. 10 they got Ben Roethlisberger and won the Super Bowl the next year.
Just proof that good teams can have a really bad seasons, get a good QB in the draft, and be even better than before. Add a Ryan Mallet or Jake Locker (please no Cam Newton and his drama) to AP, Sidney Rice, Percy, Shiancoe, a line that can only be better, better coaching, and playing a 3rd or 4th place schedule, and this offense can easily be 10 points a game better than it was this year.
Finally, someone with some sense. Great post. Idea: you may want to have someone read this to you.
Kanfan

Riverside, CA

#67 Dec 15, 2010
Who_Dat_Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out the league rigged the season opener against the Vikes this year too. As I recall the Saints won that one too.
WHO DAT
TWO DAT
Go stick a sack over your head, you should be used to that...and I bet it improved your looks. If you were playing football, you would be flagged for taunting. What a poor sport you are. New Orleans is a nice city, too bad you choose to drag it down and make it look cheap and petty with your posts.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#69 Dec 15, 2010
Please start Favre! Its only fitting his career (and life) ends at the hands of the Bears. Send Brett home to Mississippi and sentence him to life in his own personal hell, servicing his fat pig wife Deanna all the way up until she divorces him for choking his chicken in the direction of Jenn.
Wizconie

Amery, WI

#70 Dec 15, 2010
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Please start Favre! Its only fitting his career (and life) ends at the hands of the Bears. Send Brett home to Mississippi and sentence him to life in his own personal hell, servicing his fat pig wife Deanna all the way up until she divorces him for choking his chicken in the direction of Jenn.
You've now proven that bear fans have even less class than packerfans.
idea

Duluth, MN

#71 Dec 15, 2010
Who_Dat_Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah a clueless Vikes fan. Let me guess the Metrodome doesn't have insurance to cover the roof. The Louisiana Superdome is fully insured and that money could only be used for the Dome's repairs.
WHO DAT
TWO DAT
so how much goverment assistance did you recieve this month, file your neighbors kids as your own on your tax returns and they'll catch you

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#72 Dec 15, 2010
Wow wrote:
I'm glad someone else also threw out the name Dante Culpepper. The UFL season is over, and wouldn't it be ironic if he shows up for 50th annivaery celebration in a Vikings uniform. It's not like they didn't already bring in Randy Moss this season too.
Plus they're just playing for draft positioning next year. I see this team being like the Steelers about seven years ago. Good team with a lot of talent, but they had injuries, bad luck, and horrible QB play and went around 6-10. Not bad enough for the top two QBs (Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers), but picking around No. 10 they got Ben Roethlisberger and won the Super Bowl the next year.
Just proof that good teams can have a really bad seasons, get a good QB in the draft, and be even better than before. Add a Ryan Mallet or Jake Locker (please no Cam Newton and his drama) to AP, Sidney Rice, Percy, Shiancoe, a line that can only be better, better coaching, and playing a 3rd or 4th place schedule, and this offense can easily be 10 points a game better than it was this year.
One thing that scares me with Locker is that he has been drafted twice by MLB already..........he may get drafted to the NFL early ROUND, takes some hits and decide the right decision all along was TO play MLB..........just sayin'!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarvaris Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Osweiler leads 5 scoring drives, Broncos beat S... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 8
News Seahawks officially sign backup QB Tarvaris Jac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Spielman 1
News Backup Quarterback Is A Glaring Need for Seattl... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Spieltarded 8
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins (Mar '15) Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
News Tarkenton: If not for Favre's 'stupid play,' Vi... (Jan '10) Apr '14 Murdock75 782
More from around the web