Sansevere's Huddle: Jury decides fate...

Sansevere's Huddle: Jury decides fates of Vikings' Tarvaris Jackson, Leslie Frasier and the Metro...

There are 24 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 13, 2010, titled Sansevere's Huddle: Jury decides fates of Vikings' Tarvaris Jackson, Leslie Frasier and the Metro.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Pioneer Press is happy to host community conversations about news and life in the Twin Cities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DD Austin

Brandon, MS

#1 Dec 14, 2010
There's not much you can say about this year's version of the Vikings except they stunk it up, and were a major disappointment. Might as well keep Webb in there as Jackson has had all the time he has needed to show he's not even a good back up QB in the NFL. Time for him to go. As far as Frazier? Who knows? The Vikings team resembles the Metrodome right now - A BIG MESS!! ;-( Not fun being a Vikings fan this year for sure!!
Charles Manson

Webster, NY

#2 Dec 14, 2010
Bob Sansevere and his merry band of anals. Thats for sure
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Dec 14, 2010
Wait, hold up a minute --- I thought Leslie Frazier was the greatest coach in the history of the game?!?

At least, that's how it seemed after reading a couple thousand stupid posts on this site from fans who wanted to fire the last coach before the current coach 'got away'...
jeb

Saratoga, CA

#4 Dec 14, 2010
didn't listen to the huddle so i may be out of context. i know tavi did not look particularly excellent out there last night, but i cannot even say that he is the one that is primarily at fault and if you are gonna blame him then you also have to blame AD for his pathetic 26 yard performance. that being the case, i think our oline has been absolutely terrible and has been the main reason our offense has been entirely unsuccessful this year.
missouri loves company

Springfield, MO

#5 Dec 14, 2010
I agree w/ jeb. I would love to see the two behemoths that start at tackle traded in for two that can handle the speed rush in our zone blocking scheme. Especially since the 3-4 is becoming more popular (big fast linebackers are the new D.E.'s)
andy g

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 14, 2010
Whatever wrote:
Wait, hold up a minute --- I thought Leslie Frazier was the greatest coach in the history of the game?!?
At least, that's how it seemed after reading a couple thousand stupid posts on this site from fans who wanted to fire the last coach before the current coach 'got away'...
Some of wanted the drill rod fired well before Favre got him that extension...it started long ago when the new sheriff in town couldn't duplicate the W/L recored of Tice until the last game of the third year with a open checkbook....and yes, Frazier is superior to Childress if for no other reason then the respect he gets from the players...it is a players league.
DCH6959

Cleveland, OH

#9 Dec 14, 2010
The O-Line has never been the same since its' PATHETIC showing in last years NFC Championship game. Bodies need to be replaced before any new QB steps back there. Also, why on every long pass play the secondary ALWAYS has its back to the ball - Asher Allen - who's teaching that type of coverage?
andy g

Chicago, IL

#10 Dec 14, 2010
jeb wrote:
didn't listen to the huddle so i may be out of context. i know tavi did not look particularly excellent out there last night, but i cannot even say that he is the one that is primarily at fault and if you are gonna blame him then you also have to blame AD for his pathetic 26 yard performance. that being the case, i think our oline has been absolutely terrible and has been the main reason our offense has been entirely unsuccessful this year.
8-9 defenders in the box at the snap will do that to a running attack...the Giant defensive showed total disdain for TJack's ability by daring him to throw...I did not see a twin safety alignment or any semblence of a zone except for a few plays where they had the Vikes in 3rd and long and were trying to set Jackson up for a pick...he didn't look off a safety last night because the safeties were playing like linebackers..at the NFL level that is total disrespeect for the abilities of the opposing QB...the DC of the NYG football team told anyone who was watching the game what the rest of the league already knows...Jackson is not an NFL QB so stop the real threat.
Outsidelookingin

Grantsburg, WI

#11 Dec 14, 2010
Vikings and Packers both stinking up the place. Looking forward to the Final Four to see some real quality athletic events where players actually try to win the games.
VikingGolfer

Montgomery, AL

#12 Dec 14, 2010
It time for better OL and a QB thru the draft and free agency... The coach is fine...
GO VIKES 2011!!!
Muskratbob

United States

#13 Dec 14, 2010
I tried to tell you all that this was going to be a bad season. This all started in December last year. Well now we start from scratch. Need to ship everyone over 30 to the waiver wire, or trade them. It will be at least five years till this team again has a chance to contend, and then they may be in LA.

“Vikings Rock”

Since: Jun 08

Smallville, SD

#14 Dec 14, 2010
Whatever wrote:
It was more that we wanted to rid ourselves of Childress than your thought that Frazier was great. Since he was the heir once Chilly was gone, we were more than ready for it. Frazier is still an unknown, but I like his presence on the field and think he can be a successful coach if given the chance, as long as his QB initials are not TJ. We let a lot of really good coaches leave here..Dungy, Tomlin, Billick, and Frazier could also be in that list if he leaves, he's got head coaching ability.
Popoff Guy

Owatonna, MN

#15 Dec 14, 2010
Last night reaffirmed, No Coach, No QB, No Offensive Line!!
Popoff Guy

Owatonna, MN

#16 Dec 14, 2010
Frazier is a clown, last night proved it. The team looked lost. Frazier stood there like he always does with that deer in the headlights expression. A win(barely) over a terrible Washington team and beating the Brutal Bills meant nothing!! I'm just glad Ziggy didn't lose his mind and sign Leslie to a 5 year extention after that impressive 2 game winning streak!!
vavikingsfan

Blacksburg, VA

#17 Dec 14, 2010
Spurgeon Wynn is back!! We saw him play last night at Ford Field
Robert

Perham, MN

#18 Dec 14, 2010
give him rec. that run fast than average high school rec. he do a great job.
Clancy

Klamath Falls, OR

#19 Dec 14, 2010
Don't start knocking Frazier, He isn't the cause of this mess, and there was only one person I know of that walked on water. Rome wasn't built in a day , and the vikings won't be either. There are too many integral parts missing, and being filled with square pegs in round holes. Take a look at the replacements that are filling in at critical positions, not a household name among them.The Vikings have everything to gain by finishing 5&11.
I will say it again,let Joe Webb gain experience these next games.Evaluate him now at the QB position, don't wait until next year. You have nothing to lose.
sid hartman

Portland, OR

#20 Dec 14, 2010
have no fear! fran tarkington is in town for the 50 year celebration.....we now have an outdoor Q.B.
S Koufax

Peoria, AZ

#21 Dec 14, 2010
It's so obvious that the main problem with the Vikings is their offensive line ! Hutchinson is OK, but getting older. The other 4 (and the subs) are just terrible. That is the reason why they haven't won much this year. Peterson has not lost his ability, but he can't do much when he's hit a the line of scrimmage. Same with Farve and now Jackson. They're getting killed back there ! BUT the coaches should know this and design strategies and tactics to counteract the deficiency. More counters, misdirections, faking etc. There are other problems such as the safety position, LB's, but the OL is the major one, and Childress only drafted on OL guy in the 5th round. They both should be gone.
Manny

Babbitt, MN

#22 Dec 15, 2010
How in the world can fans say Frazier is a good coach? His ultra conservatve four man only rush style is partially what got Chilli fired as he let teams continually march down field by throwing underneath time after time. Then as his secondary got jittery and started to slide up the other teams went over the top as they ran with their tail between their legs. The gaping holes on the outside against the Giants was unforgivable when two backs can run over a 100 yds against you maybe, just maybe you should change what you are doing. Offensively our backs were getting hammered behind the line and just as they got the handoff. Thats why AP & TJ collided, AP was trying to jump out of the way of the D lineman that was about to be in his face. Special teams and the kicking game was the bright spot. Bye, bye Frazier and staff, TJ and a couple of the over paid line men. Hopefully Zygi is already looking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarvaris Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Osweiler leads 5 scoring drives, Broncos beat S... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Fart news 8
News Seahawks officially sign backup QB Tarvaris Jac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Spielman 1
News Backup Quarterback Is A Glaring Need for Seattl... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Spieltarded 8
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins (Mar '15) Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
News Tarkenton: If not for Favre's 'stupid play,' Vi... (Jan '10) Apr '14 Murdock75 782
More from around the web