NFL Preseason Preview: Tarvaris Jackson Must Impress Against Vikings

Aug 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

Coming off a largely inconclusive performance in the Seahawks' preseason opener against the Chargers, Tarvaris Jackson will have to do a lot more to impress in the second preseason game, this time against the Minnesota Vikings.

Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Aug 22, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Largelyfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

Here is one preseason victory for the Vikes at least....
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

At least the Queens don't have to worry about T-Joke knowing any of their plays
Playfarts

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2011

lol...
jbo334

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Largelyfarts wrote:
Here is one preseason victory for the Vikes at least....
? y does everyone hate on jack no one really has seen him really play becuz they F'd over him in minn. my opinion they never ran play to his strengths like roll outs, qb runs, or bootlegs,pump and go routes.? if u r a coach and u c the defense sitting on ur young qb routes what would u do?another thing what good WR did jack have? bobby wade. WOW! last thing from my understanding there is no qb in the last seven years came in an lit the NFL up in there first couple of years think about. not even he great payton manning, eli or brees. and yes i know tavaris thats y im asking
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Lookey here...... a defender of T-Jerkoff
Magnum Man

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

jbo334 wrote:
<quoted text> ? y does everyone hate on jack no one really has seen him really play becuz they F'd over him in minn. my opinion they never ran play to his strengths like roll outs, qb runs, or bootlegs,pump and go routes.? if u r a coach and u c the defense sitting on ur young qb routes what would u do?another thing what good WR did jack have? bobby wade. WOW! last thing from my understanding there is no qb in the last seven years came in an lit the NFL up in there first couple of years think about. not even he great payton manning, eli or brees. and yes i know tavaris thats y im asking
A fair question that I will try to answer.
1) Jackson was drafted way to early. We gave up a lot to get him and got very little in return.
2) Jackson was in some ways his own worst enemy. Especially when he said that he wasn't ready to start. Those words didn't bring confidence.
3) Jackson replaced a good QB in Brad Johnson. Not really Jacksons fault, but the way it went down could have been much better.
4) Once Jackson did start playing, his mechanics were lacking.
5) Jackson proved to be injury prone. His backups proved to be far superior as QBs.
6) Jackson was Brad Childress' QB of the future. Brad Childress never was accepted by the fans. He pulled some stunts (like when he fired the WR on Christmas eve.) that fans didn't appreciate or understand. Jackson and Childress were synonimis (sp) with each other.
7) Finally there is a blogger here who worshipped Jackson. He basically made us sick of hearing about him.

As you can see some of Jacksons problems weren't of his making but most were. Hopefully a change in location will do him some good. But I seriously doubt it. His football skills just aren't that good.

I hope this helps.....

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Furthermore,
can't read defenses,
accuracy problems,
still has happy feet and the jump and throw HAHAHA
and lastly
won't ever get the confidence and in the huddle
IT'S GOING TO SHOW UP.
12th man boos him off the field immediately.
jbo334

Alturas, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Magnum man u have some good points but my thing is everyone gives him a hard time when he really hasn't played enough to say he stinks.one min u r in and the next u r out the line up no good wideouts how can u find confidence in that. But if other qbs make mistake everyone blame somebody else not the qb
jbo334

Alturas, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Lookey here...... a defender of T-Jerkoff
y don't go jerk off lame! I hope ur team has a qb and I hope jerk off beats ur team
Magnum Man

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Childress wrote:
Furthermore,
can't read defenses,
accuracy problems,
still has happy feet and the jump and throw HAHAHA
and lastly
won't ever get the confidence and in the huddle
IT'S GOING TO SHOW UP.
12th man boos him off the field immediately.
I think you like that word furthermore.
Magnum Man

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

jbo334 wrote:
Magnum man u have some good points but my thing is everyone gives him a hard time when he really hasn't played enough to say he stinks.one min u r in and the next u r out the line up no good wideouts how can u find confidence in that. But if other qbs make mistake everyone blame somebody else not the qb
I think he did have time to make an impression and he had the same WR as Favre in 09.

also if it sounds like were being hard on Jackson, most of it is actually aimed at the blogger who worshipped him.

Hopefully (for Jacksons sake) the change in teams will do him good.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>I think you like that word furthermore.
Furthermore,
Yahoo fantasy football has Jackwho as the 240th ranked player and 10 above Ponder (250}.
Basically dead last in starter role for Qb's.
Ponder hasn't played a down and just about has TJ beat.
Yahoo does an excellent job on player ranks by the way.
Anyway from what I've seen in drafts
NOBODY IS DRAFTING JACKSON.
Can't figure out why.
jbo334

Columbus, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

i think he will do fine in seattle

Since: Jan 11

Anoka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>A fair question that I will try to answer.
1) Jackson was drafted way to early. We gave up a lot to get him and got very little in return.
2) Jackson was in some ways his own worst enemy. Especially when he said that he wasn't ready to start. Those words didn't bring confidence.
3) Jackson replaced a good QB in Brad Johnson. Not really Jacksons fault, but the way it went down could have been much better.
4) Once Jackson did start playing, his mechanics were lacking.
5) Jackson proved to be injury prone. His backups proved to be far superior as QBs.
6) Jackson was Brad Childress' QB of the future. Brad Childress never was accepted by the fans. He pulled some stunts (like when he fired the WR on Christmas eve.) that fans didn't appreciate or understand. Jackson and Childress were synonimis (sp) with each other.
7) Finally there is a blogger here who worshipped Jackson. He basically made us sick of hearing about him.
As you can see some of Jacksons problems weren't of his making but most were. Hopefully a change in location will do him some good. But I seriously doubt it. His football skills just aren't that good.
I hope this helps.....
people like avanttattoo and jbo334 just dont get it about t-joke. even when you give them FACTS, they still have their heads up their a**es. t-joke had plenty of time to show what he had and was a COMPLETE FAILURE!!!!!!!

Anoka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

jbo334 wrote:
i think he will do fine in seattle
seattle fans will see what we saw t(being a)joke
jbo334

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Dan_20 wrote:
<quoted text>
seattle fans will see what we saw t(being a)joke
he will do better than everyone expect watch an c an once they go to they playoffs ppl r gonna c how good of a player he really is. If coaches keep saying they like things about him he must have talent or he is doing some right

Anoka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

jbo334 wrote:
<quoted text>he will do better than everyone expect watch an c an once they go to they playoffs ppl r gonna c how good of a player he really is. If coaches keep saying they like things about him he must have talent or he is doing some right
the only thing seattle will be fighting for this yr is for the first pick in next yrs draft and keep living in fantasy land
Harry

Hensel, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

jbo334 wrote:
<quoted text> ? y does everyone hate on jack no one really has seen him really play becuz they F'd over him in minn. my opinion they never ran play to his strengths like roll outs, qb runs, or bootlegs,pump and go routes.? if u r a coach and u c the defense sitting on ur young qb routes what would u do?another thing what good WR did jack have? bobby wade. WOW! last thing from my understanding there is no qb in the last seven years came in an lit the NFL up in there first couple of years think about. not even he great payton manning, eli or brees. and yes i know tavaris thats y im asking
That's easy for you to say.
ezg357

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Jackosn has a good arm But He cant read a defense. Go Vikings
jbo334

Alturas, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2011

Dan_20 wrote:
<quoted text>
the only thing seattle will be fighting for this yr is for the first pick in next yrs draft and keep living in fantasy land
well I will becuz I know what tavaris can do at the end of the day

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••