Best QBs of all time:
1. Dan Marino. I know he never won a title but that was not his fault. He was a great QB and he elevated a sorry excuse for a football team to a competitive level. Stop and think about the recievers he threw to. Think about his line and the running backs. Think about how Don Shula refused to hire a decent coordinator so he could use the team as a grooming program for his son. Dan Marino is the reason the Dolphins weren't a complete laughing stock through out the 80s and into the mid 90s.
2. Steve Young. This is controversial but his efficiency rating says it all. When he first took over for the 9ers, he was working in an offense that didn't his left hand into account. Then they flipped the routes and the protection and he was able to get the ball to Jerry Rice. If Young had started for a decent team early in his career the record books would be different.
3. Joe Montana. He sometimes gets too much credit, but he had poise and it was his personality that shaped the 49ers. You have to appreciate his intangibles.
4. Tom Brady. System QB my butt. He's seen a lot of personnel changes and he has played for different coordinators. The dude is good. He has enough rings to join this conversation right now and he still has a lot of gas in the tank.
5. Peyton Manning. I'm going to go ahead an pencil him in here. He's got a few more years to play and he could fall out of the top 10 but I think he's like Marino. We don't appreciate how good he makes the guys around him look. I'd love to see him with a truly elite receiver. I think Wayne and Harrison were good, but they aren't as dynamic as Andre Johnson, Steve Smith or Randy Moss.
Favre ranks somewhere down near the bottom of my top ten. Guys like Elway, Jim Kelly and Warren Moon are also in there. I'd put Favre next to Kelly and Moon. I'm not too concerned with going back beyond the 70s. As far as I'm concerned the Super Bowl era is different and players who didn't play in it should be left out of the conversation. That's why I left out Johnny U. I think his era wasn't the same and it's unfair to try to compare his accomplishments to the rest of these guys.