Tarkenton: If not for Favre's 'stupid...

Tarkenton: If not for Favre's 'stupid play,' Vikings would be i...

There are 782 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Tarkenton: If not for Favre's 'stupid play,' Vikings would be i.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former Vikings quarterback Fran Tarkenton took the gloves off once again. After being fairly reserved in his comments about Brett Favre during the season, Tarkenton took some new shots at the current Vikings quarterback Tuesday during a radio interview with Philadelphia's 97.5 FM The Fanatic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mr Ratcliff

Yorktown, VA

#792 Jan 18, 2012
Mohave wrote:
Fran, you are acting like such a little girl, I didn't hear you hating on him after he threw 4 tds against the cowboys, give it up, your no longer relavant, stop hating, its just embarassing to your family. Also, where was your commentary on the 4 or 5 fumbles, the 12 men in the huddle, and those numerous late hits. You can't blame the loss on one person, he should have never been in 3rd and 15 having to get 5 to set up a field goal that is still quite a long shot.
Do us all a favor, shut your trap!
Favre was a stupid player with talent, just no quick thinking skills. He had some horrible games, especially the ones he lost on idiotic passes on 3rd downs where the team needed a FG to get to the SB.**1-1 SB RECORD IN 20 YEARS WITH 4 TEAMS ABOUT SAYS IT ALL, AVG, B+
ezg357

Madera, CA

#793 Jan 18, 2012
I like Fran a lot but he had a few bad plays his self He is no one to talk
waittillnexttime

Racine, WI

#794 Jan 19, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
I like Fran a lot but he had a few bad plays his self He is no one to talk
if, If, If, If the dog hadn't stopped to take a leak he would have won the race.
Gay Cuntler

Littleton, CO

#795 Jan 19, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
I like Fran a lot but he had a few bad plays his self He is no one to talk
Yeah Fran...S T F U
ezg357

Madera, CA

#796 Jan 19, 2012
waittillnexttime wrote:
<quoted text>
if, If, If, If the dog hadn't stopped to take a leak he would have won the race.
lol true & if the Hunter didnt shoot the Duck the Duck would still be alive
waittillnexttime

Racine, WI

#797 Jan 19, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>lol true & if the Hunter didnt shoot the Duck the Duck would still be alive
You do have a sence of humor. That brings you closer to normal.:}

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#798 Jun 24, 2012
Tark was better than Favre and played in a tougher era.Today, it's 2 hand touch and basketball scores.No defenses.
Rocco

Yorktown, VA

#799 May 25, 2013
Mohave wrote:
Fran, you are acting like such a little girl, I didn't hear you hating on him after he threw 4 tds against the cowboys, give it up, your no longer relavant, stop hating, its just embarassing to your family. Also, where was your commentary on the 4 or 5 fumbles, the 12 men in the huddle, and those numerous late hits. You can't blame the loss on one person, he should have never been in 3rd and 15 having to get 5 to set up a field goal that is still quite a long shot.
Do us all a favor, shut your trap!
Favre' will own every negative NFL passing stat when it's over. Manning will be king of the list, Brees will move closer. Favre was the 'mop-up stat queen alltime' He threw 1000s when the games were over and didnt come out . Flynn was as good and Rodgers is the top GB QB ever, Starr..
Rocco

Yorktown, VA

#800 May 25, 2013
Peyton Manning may end up with 80,000 yards and 600 + TDs. Brees the same...

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#801 May 26, 2013
Tark was worse in the superbowl than dilfer.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#802 Jun 13, 2013
Purple Faithful wrote:
Tark was worse in the superbowl than dilfer.
Tarkenton is a HOF QB. He had a sloppy line and ran for his life but overcame adversity like I did by reaching the top of the HW World the past decade. I can beat any athlete in the World in a fight. Name any, NBA,MLB,NFL....I can also kick Floyd May feather @ 129 lbs for a 50 yard FG. boom, jus like that!
Klitschko
GotGameToo

United States

#803 Jul 19, 2013
How about the '12 men in the huddle' penalty prior to that play? Stupid coaching mistake more than Favre's play cost em the game. Favre displayed courage to stay in there, despite a fractured ankle. In any case, I'm glad the Saints won.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#804 Nov 16, 2013
Rocco wrote:
Peyton Manning may end up with 80,000 yards and 600 + TDs. Brees the same...
i AGREE.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#805 Feb 22, 2014
Mohave wrote:
Fran, you are acting like such a little girl, I didn't hear you hating on him after he threw 4 tds against the cowboys, give it up, your no longer relavant, stop hating, its just embarassing to your family. Also, where was your commentary on the 4 or 5 fumbles, the 12 men in the huddle, and those numerous late hits. You can't blame the loss on one person, he should have never been in 3rd and 15 having to get 5 to set up a field goal that is still quite a long shot.
Do us all a favor, shut your trap!
Fran was better than Favre any day. Just on bad teams.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#806 Feb 25, 2014
Murdock75 wrote:
<quoted text>Fran was better than Favre any day. Just on bad teams.
not on super sunday. One bad record favre will never own is most super bowl losses. Just sayin'. Tark had one of the greatest defenses ever and in the super bowl threw 3 picks. Favre threw picks but he never had a spectacular defense like the purple people eaters.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#807 Feb 25, 2014
Oh and Tark on bad teams? U r an idiot. Vikes of Tark were elite. Pack of favre were a joke.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#809 Mar 1, 2014
Tark= 1 bad motha
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#810 Mar 2, 2014
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>not on super sunday. One bad record favre will never own is most super bowl losses. Just sayin'. Tark had one of the greatest defenses ever and in the super bowl threw 3 picks. Favre threw picks but he never had a spectacular defense like the purple people eaters.
After SB11, Tark blamed his O-line.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#811 Mar 10, 2014
Mr Ratcliff wrote:
<quoted text>Favre was a stupid player with talent, just no quick thinking skills. He had some horrible games, especially the ones he lost on idiotic passes on 3rd downs where the team needed a FG to get to the SB.**1-1 SB RECORD IN 20 YEARS WITH 4 TEAMS ABOUT SAYS IT ALL, AVG, B+
very dumb QB
Gabe Athouse

Helena, MT

#813 Apr 7, 2014
What about bernie kosar? Whrere does he fit in all this?

Is bernie still playing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarvaris Jackson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Osweiler leads 5 scoring drives, Broncos beat S... Aug 16 Fart news 8
News Seahawks officially sign backup QB Tarvaris Jac... Jun '15 Spielman 1
News Backup Quarterback Is A Glaring Need for Seattl... Apr '15 Spieltarded 8
News Seahawks notes: Tarvaris Jackson visiting Dolphins Mar '15 Steve Loss 2
News Is it Tarvaris Time in Minnesota? (Dec '06) Apr '14 Magnum Man II 33
News Russell Wilson is now Seahawks' third-highest p... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Aerosmith 5
News Pryor struggles in Oakland's 22-6 loss to Seattle (Aug '13) Sep '13 Stevie Wonder 11
More from around the web