Champs get prime exposure

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A team with a slew of prime-time players and a history of prime-time success will have plenty of opportunity to shine on the national stage again this season.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fan

Westmoreland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 12, 2007
 
Looking forward to another great season with watching the Colts!!!!
Sean

Lebanon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 12, 2007
 
Ugh. Most of these nationally televised games are on the road. Teams will be salivating at the chance to knock off the Colts in front of the eyes of the rest of the nation.
nitpicker

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 12, 2007
 
I think it's great we play in five prime time games but couldn't we have hosted more than one of those games. Where's the love?
Walter Skinner

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 12, 2007
 
Sean wrote:
Ugh. Most of these nationally televised games are on the road. Teams will be salivating at the chance to knock off the Colts in front of the eyes of the rest of the nation.
The Colts have one of the best road records. So don't get so worked up about that you find yourself conceding the games before they're played.

Any team will be salivating to knock off any other team.

With a defeatist attitude like yours you'd think the Colts don't stand a chance.
mike

Kendrick, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 12, 2007
 
I'm glad the NFL showed the Colts some love with the prime time games, but what about the fans. I sure would have liked to at least see two prime time games at home. I think that is rediculous!!!!!!!!!
Colts fan in Greencastle

Greencastle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 12, 2007
 
I have a funny feeling about this coming season. We have lost some really good players via free agency, every other team will be "up" for us as defending Super Bowl champs, and history shows that it is very hard to repeat as champs. I am not conceding anything --- just saying that we have things stacked against us next season.
will

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 12, 2007
 
As an NFL fan, I am shocked that the Colts only received one home primetime game. It is often seen as a negative to teams that play primetime games on the road because it makes the following week short in terms of practice and preperation. I think Super Bowl Champs should get at least 2 if not 3 at home.
Matt

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 12, 2007
 
Colts fan in Greencastle wrote:
I have a funny feeling about this coming season. We have lost some really good players via free agency, every other team will be "up" for us as defending Super Bowl champs, and history shows that it is very hard to repeat as champs. I am not conceding anything --- just saying that we have things stacked against us next season.
Most games have a storyline. Your 'gut feeling' is only hesitation seeing that we've never been defending champs. Indy has always relished the underdog role. Like all NFL seasons, a few teams that look tough here will be awful come game time and others will have risen from obsurity. It is what it is and the Colts will do just fine assuming they stay injury free. Isn't that what a lot of the NFL is all about?
Joe Greer Wheaton IL

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 12, 2007
 
Every year I look at the new Colts' Schedule I think, "Oh man! Its going to be tough to win!"
Then, Indy comes out and beats some very good teams. So, I say, bring it on! Peyton and company play well the tougher it gets.
Is it September yet???
eli

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 12, 2007
 
Ok !
This schedule puts the Superbowl Champs at an immediated disadvantage ! It is not fair .
Solution :
1. Take two of the preseason games and turn them into regular games - now season total 18 . one game home , one away .
2. With 18 game schedule now only play teams in your Conference (AFC. or NFC.).
(a.) teams in your division (i.e. Colts South) play twice
(b.) all other teams in your Conference (AFC. or NFC.) you play once
(c.) total of 18 games
(d.)what could be more fair than that?
3. Take one of additional games added to schedule and play out of country or in U.S. city that does not have an NFL. Team
4. Remaining preseason games all proceeds go to charity ( after gross of course ).
5. Teams play more interleague practice games during training camp ... hit other teams players ... and let diehard fans have additionaa excuse(s) for taking of work .
6. Superbowl now has more meaning .... Teams have not met during regular season .
Martin

Danville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 12, 2007
 
Colts fan in Greencastle wrote:
I have a funny feeling about this coming season. We have lost some really good players via free agency, every other team will be "up" for us as defending Super Bowl champs, and history shows that it is very hard to repeat as champs. I am not conceding anything --- just saying that we have things stacked against us next season.
We lost Dominick Rhodes, but still have Addai. We can do without him, as we have without Edge.

We lost Mike Doss- who did not play in the playoffs.

We Nick Harper- who did not even play in the Superbowl.

We Lost Montae Reagor- Who did not play the last half of the season.

We lost Brandon Stokely- who did not play the last half of the season.

We lost Cato June- frankly the only one I am worried about getting replaced. But if we get someone to step up there...

There is nothing to worry about. We'll be fine.
Martin

Danville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 12, 2007
 
eli wrote:
Ok !
This schedule puts the Superbowl Champs at an immediated disadvantage ! It is not fair .
Solution :
1. Take two of the preseason games and turn them into regular games - now season total 18 . one game home , one away .
2. With 18 game schedule now only play teams in your Conference (AFC. or NFC.).
(a.) teams in your division (i.e. Colts South) play twice
(b.) all other teams in your Conference (AFC. or NFC.) you play once
(c.) total of 18 games
(d.)what could be more fair than that?
3. Take one of additional games added to schedule and play out of country or in U.S. city that does not have an NFL. Team
4. Remaining preseason games all proceeds go to charity ( after gross of course ).
5. Teams play more interleague practice games during training camp ... hit other teams players ... and let diehard fans have additionaa excuse(s) for taking of work .
6. Superbowl now has more meaning .... Teams have not met during regular season .
Try playing football. It is very exhausting! The wear and tear on their bodies demand that they need rest. It looks easy to play those games through the TV set, but the starters need rest. Plus, the preseason games are great for testing and finding your better players. Leave it alone, the system is good.
colts fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 12, 2007
 
I would have liked more than one prime time game in our house!
nitpicker

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 12, 2007
 
To Walter.
It is not a defeatist attitude to want more than one prime time game. If you knew how to read, nowhere does it say I think the Colts will lose those games.
nitpicker

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 12, 2007
 
Sorry, Walter. If I could read I would have noticed you were talking to Sean.
Dont worry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 12, 2007
 
Peyton is a chump
eli

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 12, 2007
 
Martin .... whats this "We" .... are you part of Colts Management ???? Are you an Owner ???? If not, then you can not claim yourself as a member of the Colts organization then ....
"Can We" ???????
eli

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 12, 2007
 
p.s. Martin : What public school did you attend ????
colts fan 18

Port Norris, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 12, 2007
 
people are saying I should be worried about the schedule but Peyton and Co. can handle it. Looking forward to a great season and a superbowl repeat!!

“XLI”

Since: Jan 07

Indy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 12, 2007
 
Dont worry wrote:
Peyton is a chump
Your spell checker took a dump. It's spelled CHAMP.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tarik Glenn Discussions

Search the Tarik Glenn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland Southard 28
How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••