Colts titan Tarik has huge impact on high-schoolers

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

In today's world, where it seems like only the worst can be reported, there are good things happening in Indianapolis.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
WhoNeedsGod

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

We heard Tarik speak at an event in Detroit. We need more role models like him and less like the thugs on the Pacers, who overshadow the good players the team has. He is a good example that blacks don't have to be thugs or gangstas and drug dealers... He is a good role model no matter what skin color you have. He and others in the Colts organization, from the head coach down to the players are to be commended for their humility, their willingness to take time for the kids and for their respect of others.
You are the kettle

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

WhoNeedsGod wrote:
We heard Tarik speak at an event in Detroit. We need more role models like him and less like the thugs on the Pacers, who overshadow the good players the team has. He is a good example that blacks don't have to be thugs or gangstas and drug dealers... He is a good role model no matter what skin color you have. He and others in the Colts organization, from the head coach down to the players are to be commended for their humility, their willingness to take time for the kids and for their respect of others.
Um...why the heck does color have anything to do with this. Can't we just say that Tarik is a role-model? I mean, the above comment is veiled bigotry regardless of how you meant it.(Tarik -- my apologies for what this person wrote. I am proud that you are a part of Indianapolis, The Colts, and an outstanding person who choses to help young students to find their way in life.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tarik Glenn Discussions

Search the Tarik Glenn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland Southard 28
How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••