Pillar of Colts' line knows when it's...

Pillar of Colts' line knows when it's time to leave

There are 66 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 24, 2007, titled Pillar of Colts' line knows when it's time to leave. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The hardest thing in sports is knowing how and when to say goodbye. And yet, there was Tarik Glenn, standing under the bright lights early Tuesday night at the Colts' practice complex, speaking with utter ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Hmmmm

United States

#63 Jul 25, 2007
WHO CARES wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and now Manning will be running for his life this year and we all know Manning is not the same qb when he is on the run. On top of that pathetic defense wich has a pre-season ranking of 28th, now the Colts have to deal with this. Forgot 9 wins, it may be 7 or 8 wins with that schedule.
Still bored...
ColtsFan_Tom

Marion, IN

#64 Jul 25, 2007
Mike in Memphis wrote:
Tarik will definitely be missed. However, didn't he owe it to the Colts to make this decision at the end of the season? I believe so because it would have given the Colts the opportunity to draft a potential replacement, or at the very least be able to aggressively pursue a free agent to step in.
You make a decision like this when you know that it is an issue and is right. According to one of the articles, he showed up for spring training like always and left not feeling the passion and drive for the game anymore. Then started talking to Irsay, Dungy, PM and others then came to his decision.

I can't find any reason to blame the guy. You do it when you do it. The Colts will work it out. Polina always does.

Good luck and fair winds big guy. I know you will do well. Gonna miss you on the line though.

“Don't be a Hater”

Since: Jun 07

Indianapolis

#65 Jul 26, 2007
WHO CARES wrote:
<quoted text>
"A CHAMPIONSHIP TOWN" Come back to reality Indy fans. You won 1 championship, your not the 1970 steelers, 1980 49ers, 1990 Cowboys or the 2000 Patriots. You won your 1st and last championship, enjoy. With that defense the Colts will be lucky to win 9 games this year. Ravens and Pats got better, San Diego was as good as anyone last year and Pittsburg and Cincy will be better and Colts got worse in the offseason. Again, enjoy your 1st and last championship.
Your team wins a championship the city is a champion city. Pretty simple. Pittsburg and the others have had claims to dynasties in the past and we are working on that. Colts will go AT LEAST 12-4 and the playoffs will take us where ever we end up. Hopefully making it to the promise land one more time. Keep badmouthing the D thats ok....they all got really flashy superbowl rings that they can enjoy when they hear the trash you spout.....
kjss

United States

#66 Jul 26, 2007
Hate to see ya go, Tarik; but I can't blame you. I'm certainly glad we had you for ten years. I'm afraid you'll be sorely missed for a number of reasons. Good luck, and enjoy the fruits of your great accomplishments.
GotItRight

United States

#68 Jul 27, 2007
Gilbert Brown wrote:
I think it is nice to see an athlete and especially an African American athlete have choices in his career/life decisions.
African American??? You mean Mr. Hold was born in Africa or did you simply mean that as a black man Glenn did yada yada yada? That hyphenated African American crap is ridicules.
GotItRight

United States

#69 Jul 27, 2007
WHO CARES wrote:
<quoted text>
"A CHAMPIONSHIP TOWN" Come back to reality Indy fans. You won 1 championship, your not the 1970 steelers, 1980 49ers, 1990 Cowboys or the 2000 Patriots. You won your 1st and last championship, enjoy. With that defense the Colts will be lucky to win 9 games this year. Ravens and Pats got better, San Diego was as good as anyone last year and Pittsburg and Cincy will be better and Colts got worse in the offseason. Again, enjoy your 1st and last championship.
So the NFL felt sorry for poor Scrungy and let him win a tainted SB. First and last time for everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarik Glenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
News Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
News Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
News Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland S... 28
News How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
News 'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
News Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
More from around the web