Pillar of Colts' line knows when it's...

Pillar of Colts' line knows when it's time to leave

There are 66 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 24, 2007, titled Pillar of Colts' line knows when it's time to leave. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The hardest thing in sports is knowing how and when to say goodbye. And yet, there was Tarik Glenn, standing under the bright lights early Tuesday night at the Colts' practice complex, speaking with utter ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Teddy

Brownsburg, IN

#1 Jul 25, 2007
I agree 100 percent. Tarik Glenn was an admirable athlete throughout his career and we were fortunate to have him on our team. Best of luck Tarik. You were one of the best, and a true professional.
Gilbert Brown

Bloomington, IN

#2 Jul 25, 2007
I think it is nice to see an athlete and especially an African American athlete have choices in his career/life decisions.

Since: Jul 07

Bloomington

#3 Jul 25, 2007
Of course Bobby had to make a comment about the false starts...

Bloomington

#4 Jul 25, 2007
Gilbert Brown wrote:
I think it is nice to see an athlete and especially an African American athlete have choices in his career/life decisions.
Apparently he and his brother have a successful business out in Cali.
C Bunny

Miamisburg, OH

#5 Jul 25, 2007
IU Guy 68 wrote:
Of course Bobby had to make a comment about the false starts...
No kidding. Give him a break. He was responsible for protecting the blind side of one of the league's best quarterbacks in history. I always felt like he was allowed a flinch or two.

Thank you to a class act. I hope he makes an appearance at the opener so the fans can give him a proper send off.

Bloomington

#6 Jul 25, 2007
Regarding all those who want to complain about the false starts:
Think about it. He was voted to the Pro Bowl three times. Obviously, he was very good at what he did. The only other LT that was better in the AFC was Jonathan Odgen.
Greg Nichols

Czech Republic

#7 Jul 25, 2007
IU Guy 68 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently he and his brother have a successful business out in Cali.
CBSsportsline reported that Glenn said, "He would remain in Indianapolis and work in the community and with a nonprofit charity organization he started in 2001.

Bloomington

#8 Jul 25, 2007
The loss of Tarik is deeper than it may seem. It also effects the defense. I believe that Freeney and Tarik flourished off each other in the past few seasons. Thus Freeney being able to man-handle Ogden in previous matches.
drew

Baytown, TX

#9 Jul 25, 2007
To all who complain about the number of false starts ;there is no team in the league that a five yards penalty means less to than the Indy Colts!I'll take quite a few meaningless five yarders if it means reedickyoulouse time in the pocket for Manning.
Ron

Bringhurst, IN

#11 Jul 25, 2007
God bless you Tarik Glenn!
Get Real

Eminence, IN

#12 Jul 25, 2007
Tarik

Thanks for the memories. You are a class person and I know what ever you decide to do, you will be successful.
Beth

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jul 25, 2007
Great article. It's refreshing to read of a totally stand up professional athlete. Lord knows, we'll miss him on the turf yet who knows the difference he'll make to a kid drowning in a concrete jungle. A huge thanks for what he's done for our Colts and an even bigger thanks on what he's going to do for that kid.

Bloomington

#14 Jul 25, 2007
Greg Nichols wrote:
<quoted text>
CBSsportsline reported that Glenn said, "He would remain in Indianapolis and work in the community and with a nonprofit charity organization he started in 2001.
I believe the Colts website a little more...

“We were talking about a business we own in California,” Glenn said.“It’s expanding and it’s successful. My little brother is running the stores. They were talking about logistics. Nothing material to my decision, but as I was hearing them talk about things I began to think about doing something different.

“It wasn’t about me being more involved with the business, which I know I’m going to be, it was just like,‘Man, I’ve never thought about doing anything different.’ As soon as I gave it some thought, the conviction just felt strong. It really weighed on me a lot.

Its in this article.

http://colts.com/sub.cfm...

Bloomington

#15 Jul 25, 2007
It appears he will be involved in his little bro's company and in the Indy community.

I personally think it is a wise decision to leave the NFL early. Otherwise your body can be ruined for the rest of your life. If you have other interests (Tiki Barber) why not work towards them? Both Tiki and Tarik were Pro Bowlers in the NFL, but will go to be successful in other ventures. They are both stand up guys and should be role models.
Enough Said

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jul 25, 2007
Thanks for 10 great years and helping make this team what it is today. I will miss yelling at you for the false starts of course, but I will miss most celebrating with you after the greatest win in Indianapolis Colts History.

You will be missed from Aisle 140 Row 10 Seat 101!!
third eye

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jul 25, 2007
Valuable community asset who will be missed for many other reasons not just his ablity to keep Peyton Manning on his feet.

Good Luck Tarik
ada way

Fishers, IN

#18 Jul 25, 2007
Well done, Tarik. Don't be a stranger....we hope to see you back on the sidelines or in the stands, because I know the Dome wants to give you the big ovation you have deserved as much as any player who has worn the horseshoe.

And, one last time....."False start,#78, offense. Five-yard penalty, replay second down..."

We'll miss you!! Go Blue!
the the

Duncan, OK

#19 Jul 25, 2007
he is leaving the jar open for the future. sounds like he may have moved a little early...which was a common theme in his playing career.
Brick Tamland

Bloomingdale, IL

#20 Jul 25, 2007
IU Guy 68 wrote:
Regarding all those who want to complain about the false starts:
Think about it. He was voted to the Pro Bowl three times. Obviously, he was very good at what he did. The only other LT that was better in the AFC was Jonathan Odgen.
And Freeney has been OWNING Ogden for the last few years. Glenn has been owned by Nobody!!

Glenn was (would still be) great. I'll take 4 false starts a game if that meant TG's timing was there in order to keep the rush off PM, and keep him healthy.

Thanks TG, you are Gentlemen in a sport that needs many, MANY more.
a fan

Carmel, IN

#21 Jul 25, 2007
What I will remember most about Tarik is hearing him speak to a group of youths this past December and sharing his faith in Christ with them. They were awestruck.

And about those false starts...I for one believe that it was simply a case of Tarik being SO quick that he jumped before everyone else...but not before the ball was snapped. It may have looked like a false start, but it was just Tarik using the gift he was given to it's fullest potential.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarik Glenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
News Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
News Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
News Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland S... 28
News How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
News 'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
News Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
More from around the web