Going out on top

Going out on top

There are 87 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jul 20, 2007, titled Going out on top. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Offensive tackle Tarik Glenn will not be back to help the Indianapolis Colts defend their Super Bowl title, according to several people close to the 10-year veteran, choosing instead to retire.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Jim

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2007
Come on, Tarik.....one more year. How about it? Try for a second ring and then say Bye.
You are my favorite on this team. How often have I had my binoculars on you to watch your blocking, then switching to see where the ball went.
Come on, Tarik....one more year!!!!
Pete

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2007
Would love to see Tarik return but he has my respect whichever he decides. Going to be a hard one to replace but it's time to indoctrinate some young blood to Peyton's offensive scheme.
IU Guy 68

Bloomington, IN

#3 Jul 21, 2007
That sucks. I expected him to retire after this coming season...then he would have had time to teach Ugoh. I'm curious if there was a specific medical reason or just that Tarik was satisfied with his Pro Bowl appearances and Super Bowl ring. He will be missed. I guess Polian seems even more like a genius for drafting Ugoh and addressing the situation early. I have a feeling the Tarik had expressed his feeling to management early on in the offseason. Regardless, a rookie will not be able to fill the LT spot for the Colts at the beginning of the season. I'm curious who will get the start.
johnnyufan

Richfield, WI

#4 Jul 21, 2007
Tarik, say it ain't so. If this is true, it will really hurt. He sometimes aggravated my by jumping offside, but he was an excellent player and a true professional. And as what writer said, what did Polian know and when did he know it? Good luck to Mr. Glenn.
Jeremy

Warwick, RI

#5 Jul 21, 2007
Best wishes Tarik.

Wish you would stay another year, but every man makes his own decisions.

Cheers.
this guy

Plainfield, IN

#6 Jul 21, 2007
Actually, according to Polian, who is clearly a genius once again, many of the offsides calls against Tarik were simply because he was so fast. The Colts would often send tapes to the NFL after games showing that Tarik was so in tune with the snap that sometimes it appeared he jumped offsides when he really didn't.

He will be greatly missed but I'm sure Coach Mudd will be able to mold one of these young guys into another great offensive linemen.
johnnyufan wrote:
Tarik, say it ain't so. If this is true, it will really hurt. He sometimes aggravated my by jumping offside, but he was an excellent player and a true professional. And as what writer said, what did Polian know and when did he know it? Good luck to Mr. Glenn.
eric f

Ten Mile, TN

#7 Jul 21, 2007
oh my. if tarik does go, he will be the hardest to replace. not harper, not david, not june, not (snicker) simon,... here's to hoping charlie johnson is versatile enough to move to the left. let's go charlie!

thanks, tarik, for the ten years i've gotten to watch you.

if he doesn't retire, we've got amazing depth along the line.
tony

Cary, IL

#8 Jul 21, 2007
Glenn will prove very difficult to replace for his consistency and ability. The average fan does not realize what an anchor he has been for the line and team. A very big loss.
Tito Jackson

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jul 21, 2007
Read between the lines here, Tarik wants more money, also he is probably upset that the colts drafted his successor. Why train a rookie who will most liikely replace you the very next season. Tarik probably feels disrespected. Woe to Payton Maning if his blind side "left side"
is protected by a rookie.
Pop Warner

Jeffersonville, OH

#10 Jul 21, 2007
Smells like a ploy to try and force the Colts into a long term contract.

We appreciate the time you were here Tarik. Enjoy retirement.

this guy

Plainfield, IN

#11 Jul 21, 2007
Wow, you know so much about this subject, you must be real good buddies with Polian. Did he tell you about this last night at dinner? Come on, it's not like he just started and they drafted his succesor, he's been in the league for 10 years!! It takes more than a year or two to develop a good left tackle (although there are some exceptions to that). Tarik knows he is the guy if he wants to play.
Tito Jackson wrote:
Read between the lines here, Tarik wants more money, also he is probably upset that the colts drafted his successor. Why train a rookie who will most liikely replace you the very next season. Tarik probably feels disrespected. Woe to Payton Maning if his blind side "left side"
ThunderKatt

Carmel, IN

#12 Jul 21, 2007
Hard to see a seasoned VET go, especially one of Glenns caliber...but...when you get pounded weekly by the REFS for being "IN TUNE" to what is going on and criticized by the fans the MEDIA for causeing such loss yards, I would be a little upset and want more money also...but...10 years is a good career and maybe the "OLE" body is just not that strong and willing to heal as quick!!! Best to Tarik in whatever ventures you go to!!!

“everdays my birthday”

Since: May 07

INDIANAPOLIS

#13 Jul 21, 2007
This could be bad! This could be very bad!!!
S-Track

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Jul 21, 2007
He'll be back, just buisness.1463
What

AOL

#15 Jul 21, 2007
Tito Jackson wrote:
Hope this isn't the case. It's been a close knit group with no or little drama. Edge helped JA. Harrison is preparing his replacement. Eventually Peyton will have to prepare someone. Every good thing comes to an end. Why shouldn't the team be in continual rebuilding? Eleven years is a long time in the game and maybe he's achieved his goals but it would be nice if he did stayed one more season.
Don in Indy

South Bend, IN

#16 Jul 21, 2007
Thanks for all the memories Tank. I wish you God speed and don't forget to take care of yourself.
Denise

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jul 21, 2007
I will miss him
Go Vols

Lakeland, FL

#18 Jul 21, 2007
NFL draft decisions are becoming clearer.

TAR

Since: Jul 07

Plainfield, IN

#19 Jul 21, 2007
Tarik has always been a class guy and not one to pull contract stunts. I hope he is healthy, and wish him well and thank him for his years of hard work. But come on Tarik, if you can, PLEASE come back and teach the new guy the job!
Indiana res

Birmingham, AL

#20 Jul 21, 2007
Tito Jackson wrote:
10 years is a long career for a lineman. There would be no long term contract. If it was extended or resigned maybe a couple of years. My guess is he is sore and tired of being beat up (and beating up others) all season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarik Glenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
News Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
News Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
News Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland S... 28
News How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
News 'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
News Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
More from around the web