Indy Colts: Their best

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Star reporter Mike Chappell has covered the Colts in some capacity every year since their arrival in 1984.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rage

Berlin, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Mike Vanderjagt? This is a misprint, right?

“Yesterday Once More”

Since: Dec 07

Carmel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

rage wrote:
Mike Vanderjagt? This is a misprint, right?
He's an 86% career FG kicker and provided many highlights and game winners for Indy, yet your knee jerk reaction is the 2 or 3 kicks he didn't make. Nice piece of writing "rage".

“Opinionated? ...ME?”

Since: Jan 07

Yeah...I was born there!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Cornerback: Eugene Daniel
That is not even funny! This guy got beat more often than Tina Turner. His carrer passes defended stats must be abysmal. I'm pretty sure there are two games he played in where he didn't give up more than 2 touchdowns. Both games must have been against Tampa.(Back then they still stunk.)
To Staxawax: The problem rage (and I) have with Vandy isn't the NUMBER of kicks he missed. The problem is WHAT kicks he missed and WHY he missed them. If you saw those games and processed them through the prism of someone who has watched a lot of Colt's games, you'll know that those kicks that he missed badly were kicks we REALLY needed. Also his attitude indicates that there is a better than good chance he meant to miss those kicks due to his opposistion to Polian and the Colts at large. Vandy was a weasle. I'd far rather have picked Biasucci over Vandy. He was reliable and you knew where his loyalties were. Most of the other choices I agreed with. Though, Peyton over Pagel had to have been a tough choice.*Just a touch of sarcasm, there.*
Big E

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I sure liked it when Jim Harbaugh was with the Colts. How 'bout mentioning him as back up QB or something. Also there is no mention of coaches. Certainly would have to mention Dungy and Moore
Rick the Colts fan

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I love Jeff Saturday but Ray Donaldson was pretty damn good. If it wasn't for Dwight Stevenson he would have been the best center of his era and his longevity was admirable. He was still pancaking people in Dallas in his later 30's.
Killa

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Mike Peterson at LB???
ron

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

The only disagreement that I see with your picks is that, you may be forgetting about Ken Dilger at the Tight End position....Just a thought
Hard Hat D

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Staxawax wrote:
<quoted text>
... yet your knee jerk reaction is the 2 or 3 kicks he didn't make. Nice piece of writing "rage".
Hmmm ... 2 or 3 kicks he didn't make. One of those misses might have put them in the Super Bowl. Best Colts kicking percentage? Yes. Always great in the clutch? Uh, no.
asdf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

tom brady gave me crabs
fifty plus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

asdf wrote:
tom brady gave me crabs
Soon you will be able to say that you got crabs from a man that has thrown for more touchdown passes in a single season than anyone ever.
Carl M

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

HOw about Ray MacDonald at Center?
Carl M

Sanford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Oops, meant Ray Donaldson at Center?
Homer

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Clarence "Whoops-where's-the-ball " Verdin for Punt returner?
lalala

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

ron wrote:
The only disagreement that I see with your picks is that, you may be forgetting about Ken Dilger at the Tight End position....Just a thought
Agreed, Dilger over Pollard.
Steeler fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

fifty plus wrote:
<quoted text>Soon you will be able to say that you got crabs from a man that has thrown for more touchdown passes in a single season than anyone ever.
and be the first qb to win and go 16-0 in reg season and get put out of playoffs and be the biggest disappointment of the year...
lalala

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Homer wrote:
Clarence "Whoops-where's-the-ball " Verdin for Punt returner?
Yeah, but when he had it he was exciting.

Since: Oct 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

I agree that Ken Dilger should have been included. Also, what about Terance (sp?) Wilkins?
Biafloppy

Plainfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

asdf wrote:
tom brady gave me crabs
But isn't he such an attractive man?

I just love his cologne.
Marcus

French Lick, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

ron wrote:
stats from http://www.footballdb.com (football database) I added up only their totals with the Colts.
Pollard 3391 yds 35 TDs 9yr avg 376.8yds 3.8TDs

Dilger 3181 yds 18 TDs 7yr avg 454.2yds 2.5TDs

Good point. It looks like a toss up between them. Dilger had more yards. Pollard had more touchdowns with the Colts. Dilger played more when the QBs weren't as good, but he was the 2nd or 3rd option in the offense. Pollard had to fight for receptions with Harrison, Wayne, and Stokely, but He got to play with Manning in his prime.

Sidenote: I think it's interesting the writers had trouble picking Edge over Dickerson, but the fans who remember both appear to all agree (as I do) that Edge was an absolute running machine with the Colts.
Marcus

French Lick, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Oops, I meant Dilger averaged more yards.
And I don't know why that thing says I'm from LA. I'm from Indy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tarik Glenn Discussions

Search the Tarik Glenn Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
Colts camp at a glance (Aug '07) Oct '07 Horatio Bloom 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••