Manning and thumb doing fine

Manning and thumb doing fine

There are 15 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 24, 2007, titled Manning and thumb doing fine. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Rest easy, Indy fans, Peyton Manning reiterates that everything is thumbs-up. The Indianapolis Colts quarterback was expected to practice this afternoon, easing any remaining concerns after he hit his right ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Paul

Worcester, MA

#1 Jan 24, 2007
Hope this won't be Manning's excuse when he chokes again!!
ken

Zionsville, IN

#2 Jan 24, 2007
did you really think manning would miss the super bowl? get over yourself. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!
BostonPA

Saugus, MA

#4 Jan 24, 2007
Paul wrote:
Ahem, I think if you look under the word "choke" in the dictionary, you would see the Pat's performance in the second half of Sunday's game.
thumby

Chicago, IL

#5 Jan 24, 2007
OMG!
OMG!!
The latest headline!
Indiana's democrats are introducing a bill to balance the budget and eliminate the necessity of privatizing.. stuff...

It's

a

THUMB TAX!!

FYI for all wishfull Dolts:
The 7 pt line was set in Vegas BEFORE any of Sunday's games. Look to see that shift after some more serious money is plunked.
Plunked - I like that word - Plunked.
Lets us it in a sentence.
Payton Manning will get plunked at the SB.
I gives it da tumbs up.

Da Bears
Note to Loserville

Gary, IN

#6 Jan 24, 2007
Paul wrote:
Do you mean like he "choked" against the Pansies? I thought so ...
Paul

Worcester, MA

#7 Jan 24, 2007
BostonPA wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem, I think if you look under the word "choke" in the dictionary, you would see the Pat's performance in the second half of Sunday's game.
Well if you were really watching you'd have seen they did not choke, but were just outplayed. Big difference!!
III

Wheeling, IL

#8 Jan 24, 2007
The Colts should have had some fun with the issue of Manning's thumb. Have him seen wearing a cast on the hand. When the press asks for details respond with "there's no confirmed injury, just a safety precaution....."
Bridgette J

Lima, OH

#9 Jan 24, 2007
Glad he's okay. GO COLTS!! BEAT THE BEARS!!!!
Bridgette J

Lima, OH

#10 Jan 24, 2007
Paul wrote:
I think he'll play very well. It will be a good game for both teams.
TUG

United States

#11 Jan 24, 2007
Paul wrote:
<quoted text> Well if you were really watching you'd have seen they did not choke, but were just outplayed. Big difference!!
They were outplayed and they choked. They blew an 18 point lead, Brady threw the interception at the end, and your receivers dropped easy catches at critical moments. They should try 12 players on the field more often...it might help.
Susan Gravengaard GA

AOL

#12 Jan 24, 2007
I am so glad that Peyton is doing ok.
I would like to say that I am very sad at how the Patriots coach showed no class at all at the end of the game when Peyton went to shake hands with him and he just walked on by. He is a disgrace to the NFL. Peyton, you are as always a class act. As I told you at the Noodle, this is your time. The ring is yours and your ever deserving coach and teammates. I BELIEVE AND ALWAYS HAVE. Thanks, for being in Indy and making us proud....
Media hype

Kennard, IN

#13 Jan 24, 2007
I don't know what the big deal is. If Manning said his thumb was ok, why not let it go. For crying out loud! I tell ya, the media sure know how to take advantage of situations just so viewers will get anxious. Let it go........
Sanders21 for MVP

United States

#14 Jan 25, 2007
Paul wrote:
<quoted text> Well if you were really watching you'd have seen they did not choke, but were just outplayed. Big difference!!
thanks for the compliment but what would you call Reche dropping 2 WIDE OPEN passes, let alone Brady not even seeing him until it was too late. The Pats had the ball w/ under 3 mins and all it took was 1 or 2 first downs to seal the game... 3 and out thanks to my man 21 and the rest of the D. OH YES.. BELICHOKE PUT 12 MEN IN THE HUDDLE.... LOOK IT UP WEBSTER!!! CHOKE OF THE CENTURY!!
Sanders21 for MVP

United States

#15 Jan 25, 2007
thumby wrote:
OMG!
OMG!!

FYI for all wishfull Dolts:
The 7 pt line was set in Vegas BEFORE any of Sunday's games. Look to see that shift after some more serious money is plunked.
Plunked - I like that word - Plunked.
Lets us it in a sentence.
Payton Manning will get plunked at the SB.
I gives it da tumbs up.
Da Bears
great point. I was half watching but I think I saw where most of the NFL channels are picking the Bears. Should be a good one. I just hope the AFC dominance continues.
Sanders21 for MVP

United States

#16 Jan 25, 2007
ken wrote:
did you really think manning would miss the super bowl? get over yourself. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!
c'mon now ken. w/ 2 weeks between games the media is going to be DESPERATE for any storyline they can get. I agree its a joke to think there's ANY chance 18 will miss but I full expect some of the most vague and "what the..?" stories over the course of the next 11 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarik Glenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
News Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
News Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
News Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland S... 28
News How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
News 'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
News Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12
More from around the web