Manning mum on thumb

Manning mum on thumb

There are 13 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 24, 2007, titled Manning mum on thumb. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Peyton Manning has missed one play due to injury during his career, and that number is not expected to increase come Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Iam

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2007
We be gunna whip-up on them there bears!

“Butler Wins”

Since: Jan 07

Plainfield

#2 Jan 25, 2007
My buddie Tom keeps looking here at indystar.com for me to be talking smack. I hate to disappoint my friends, so here goes.

I really, really think the Colts are going to win!

That's it. I'm worn out from the last two weeks of smack talk and a AFC championship game that nearly game me a nervous breakdown. All I want is for the next week and a half to go by as quickly as possible. Let's just get to the darn game!!!

GO COLTS, WIN THE BOWL!!!!!!!
finger

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Jan 25, 2007
I say stop worrying about the thumb. It's the finger I want to give to the Bears (think #1, & get out of the gutter.)

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 25, 2007
No one can accuse Manning of being a wimp, that's for sure. Missing one snap with a broken jaw and that play earlier in the year against the Redskins where he was bent 3 different directions and just had to call timeout to wipe the dirt off his face show he's ready to go. I'm not worried about a bruised thumb, especially since he finished the game last week and has another week and a half before the big one. Thankfully, number 18 is gonna be fine.
Ryan

Evansville, IN

#6 Jan 25, 2007
truthBtold wrote:
Peyton injured his thumb after being so shocked that the patriots were throwing the game so that the Colts could win. The NFL Commissioner's office called the Pats at halftime and informed them that the Colts had to win the game in order for TWO black coaches to be in the super bowl. The pats took the fall, the colts and bears are in the superbowl, and now peyton will get the chance to suck it up big time in THE biggest game. The "choke heard round the world" will be the defining moment of his statistically-blessed career.
Oh that's hillarious. Manning is gonna choke and the Pats threw the game, what an original thinker. You're awesome.......Jackass
Tee Hee Hee

United States

#7 Jan 25, 2007
How many more times does the media have to ask Manning about his thumb before they let him go and practice so he and the colts can whip some bears arses?
Erik

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jan 25, 2007
truthBtold wrote:
Peyton injured his thumb after being so shocked that the patriots were throwing the game so that the Colts could win. The NFL Commissioner's office called the Pats at halftime and informed them that the Colts had to win the game in order for TWO black coaches to be in the super bowl. The pats took the fall, the colts and bears are in the superbowl, and now peyton will get the chance to suck it up big time in THE biggest game. The "choke heard round the world" will be the defining moment of his statistically-blessed career.
Hey TruthBObviouslySmokingSomethin g,
You really think Belichick and/or Brady would throw a game for any amount of money under the sun?
The plane to Fantasy Island takes off in an hour. Don't be late.
Heywood Jablowme

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2007
Rub some dirt on it!
Don Cox

Sarasota, FL

#10 Jan 25, 2007
Go Colts.... you are a winner.
cpt sorgi

AOL

#11 Jan 25, 2007
even if peyton isnt saying how bad his thumb is, we still have a great guy by the name of jim that has been in the system enough to know it better than anyone else besides maybe peyton himself. im kinda hoping dungy puts sorgi in no matter what to show that we are more than just a one man team,
GO COLTS
the truth

Ft Mitchell, KY

#12 Jan 25, 2007
all i can say is thumbs up!!!

“Butler Wins”

Since: Jan 07

Plainfield

#13 Jan 26, 2007
truthBtold wrote:
Thanks bigot. I really was dying to hear from a dumb, angry white guy.
Walter Skinner

Toledo, OH

#14 Jan 26, 2007
truthBtold wrote:
Just when you think you've heard it all, some pinhead comes along with one of the most asinine, dimwitted, knuckleheaded, discombobulated ideas ever.

I have a question for the original poster of this brainstorm: why is it okay for guys like Brady, Marino, Elway, etc., to be judged by their stats (after all stats are a compilation of numerical figures used for comparative analysis) but it's not okay for Manning? How else do you judge a sports person's impact on his particular sport?

truthB, you have too much time on your hands.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tarik Glenn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning: Who's the Best? -... (Aug '07) Dec '10 Stats Dont Lie 481
News Colts closer to deal with Rose-Hulman (Feb '08) Mar '08 truet trusler 2
News Colts running beneath radar (Jan '08) Jan '08 Vince 1
News Indy Colts: Their best (Dec '07) Dec '07 Liam McClelland S... 28
News How The Star's writers see it (Nov '07) Nov '07 Our Time 26
News 'Our time' (Nov '07) Nov '07 Bob 43
News Competitive fun, Colts-Jags style (Oct '07) Oct '07 Truth 12