Boaters 'fought,' survivor says

Boaters 'fought,' survivor says

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 4, 2009, titled Boaters 'fought,' survivor says. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Associated Press TAMPA - A doctor on Wednesday said it's a "miracle" that a man survived in cold Gulf of Mexico waters for nearly two days after the boat carrying him, two NFL players and another man capsized ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Ant-muckraker

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 6, 2009
Shame on you. "Ooh, they had a fight? I must read this!!" This is what I expect to see as a headline in the Drudge Report, not The Chicago Tribune. But I think my idea of the quality of journalism is stuck in the 70s. Tabloid is as tabloid does, I guess.
The Master Cylinder

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 6, 2009
Ant-muckraker wrote:
Shame on you. "Ooh, they had a fight? I must read this!!" This is what I expect to see as a headline in the Drudge Report, not The Chicago Tribune. But I think my idea of the quality of journalism is stuck in the 70s. Tabloid is as tabloid does, I guess.
What in the world are you talking about? The headline means that they fought for their lives, not that they fought each other.

Sheesh...
hrevel

Santa Rosa, CA

#3 Mar 6, 2009
I created a memorial for Marquis. Please visit and leave a message, light a candle for him and his family.

http://www.ilasting.com/marquiscooper.php
James

Newbury Park, CA

#4 Mar 6, 2009
Ant-muckraker wrote:
What an ignoramous you are! OMG! I can't believe you actually wrote that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tank Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News The Five Worst Uniforms In NFL History (Jun '07) Apr '11 LOL 7
News Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
News Six Cowboys Exes Take Asylum In Cincy (Aug '10) Aug '10 Lynn B 1
News Why Your Team Won't Win The Super Bowl: Cincinn... (Jun '10) Jun '10 hatchet 3
More from around the web