Mailbag: Why Not Sign Michael Vick?

Mailbag: Why Not Sign Michael Vick?

There are 95 comments on the Dallas Cowboys story from Feb 16, 2009, titled Mailbag: Why Not Sign Michael Vick?. In it, Dallas Cowboys reports that:

FRANK RHEA, KING OF PRUSSIA, PA: I think everyone is too worried about Tony Romo and his leadership.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Cowboys.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#101 Mar 4, 2009
EnochSpeaks wrote:
EnochSpeaks will be doing a audio podcast show about Michael (dog fighter) Vick today on.
Listen to EnochSpeaks at;
http://enochspeaks.podhoster.com/
EnochSpeaks
listen to Enoch
Cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#102 Mar 4, 2009
Ralexa wrote:
Report dogfighting 877///847///4787. 5000.00 reward with conviction.
and for the record, I am not happy about the NFL player that is still missing. to my knowledge he has never done any harm to anyone and my prayers are with his family.
3 missing still in the Gulf. I guess you hate the other two to not mention them. Vick fogives you, he wants to train your dog too.
Cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#103 Mar 4, 2009
"forgives"
Cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#104 Mar 4, 2009
Marquis Cooper, Will Bleakley and former Detroit Lions player Corey Smith.

This is why we need Vick back in the NFL. If he were fighting dogs that day, these guys would have stayed on shore.

“STOP animal abuse”

Lithonia, GA

#107 Mar 4, 2009
Ban Vick from the NFL

“STOP animal abuse”

Lithonia, GA

#108 Mar 4, 2009
club a baby seal wrote:
why not? ummn because he's a stinkin animal himself!@ a$$#wiper
The animals are 1000 times better than YOU.The stinking P E N D E J O
Vick smokes pole

Inverness, FL

#110 Mar 4, 2009
Vick smokes pole.
Vick smokes pole

Inverness, FL

#112 Mar 4, 2009
Vick smokes pole.
Vick smokes pole

Inverness, FL

#115 Mar 4, 2009
vick smkes pole.
Vick smokes pole

Inverness, FL

#116 Mar 4, 2009
Can't say beaner. i didn't know that. Hope a pot full burns you up.

You smoke pole too.

Since: Feb 09

Inverness, FL

#117 Mar 4, 2009
EnochSpeaks wrote:
Michael Vick has lost more-than millions of dollars, prestige, million dollar endorsements deals, and the love of hundreds of thousands football fans on Sunday afternoon. He has lost the respect of millions of Americans who will forever remember his destructive behavior and actions against helpless animals.
He had reached the top of that most elusive mountain called fame and success. That mountain has been even more difficult for people of color to achieve and therefore his fall from grace was downright stupid!
He cannot blame race on his actions and poor judgment and therefore should leave civil rights organizations alone. He made the situation that will forever hang above him like a dark cloud even after his football career is long over he will be remembered for this sad incident.
For a man who was one of only a handful of Black men throughout NFL history to actually lead a professional football team his actions in the dog fighting scandal was shocking from the perspective of the PhD scholar to the common man and women on the street.
Even professional public relation experts informed Mr. Vick that his career could potentially be over because of the love Americans had for their pets. There was no way that they could spin this.
Men and women throughout this country and the world itself were stunned upon hearing and seeing the results of his off field antics. A recent study revealed that most Americans were more concerned about the protection and treatment of animals under the care of humans then the plight of the homeless. Case in point many men and women will call local animal shelters when they see an animal in distress, while ignoring many other situations that surround their environment.
Michael Vick’s plight is even more reprehensible because his violent actions were against defenseless and helpless animals whose fate was death no-matter the outcome of their dog-fight. Even a dog who was winning would one day lose and therefore earn the death penalty.
Now with July rapidly approaching and his impending release is becoming more eminent there are shouts from many deluded Michael Vick fans to let him play, while animal organizations and their supporters are screaming to the NFL not to reinstate him until his entire probationary period is completed and he undergoes a complete mental evaluation. There is no middle ground in this debate in a battle that will take no prisoners.
NFL officials are worried about their already tarnished image and are wondering outloud about how the American public will react to their decision regarding any decision they make regarding Mr. Vick’s career.
EnochSpeaks
Enoch is the man.

Since: Feb 09

Inverness, FL

#118 Mar 4, 2009
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-NFL-fro...
Please sign to ban this prick
Doobya

Omaha, NE

#121 Mar 5, 2009
This just in...The Atlanta Falcons have traded convicted felon Michael Vick to the Columbus Bulldogs for a sweaty towel. Bulldogs owner Larry Fleishmann said "it's a win win situation. We've been marketing the towel for days and the Falcon made Vick available, and we plan on making him our backup ticket taker and letting him compete for the starting job as soon ans he is ready." The Falcons will save $1.03 in cap room this season with the move.
Cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#122 Mar 5, 2009
We need Vicks dog fighting skillz and Romo smokes polls.

“STOP animal abuse”

United States

#123 Mar 7, 2009
club a baby seal wrote:
<quoted text>relax you stinkin bean er i hope you pit bull mauls your sorry non workin azz
OMG,is it Halloween already?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tank Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News The Five Worst Uniforms In NFL History (Jun '07) Apr '11 LOL 7
News Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
News Six Cowboys Exes Take Asylum In Cincy (Aug '10) Aug '10 Lynn B 1
News Why Your Team Won't Win The Super Bowl: Cincinn... (Jun '10) Jun '10 hatchet 3
More from around the web