'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson

'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson

There are 8 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jun 24, 2007, titled 'Embarrassed' Bears cut Tank Johnson. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Tank Johnson was released Monday by the Chicago Bears, who are "upset and embarrassed" by the defensive tackle's legal troubles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

assaboy

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Jun 25, 2007
glad to see Tank go - there are alot of good players out there who can and WANT to play the game and play it well. Good riddance Pacman, Tank and every other spoiled NFL whiner in the league - let's play football!
Bears 07

Morris, IL

#2 Jun 25, 2007
I agree completely. I mean how much more of a dumbass can you be than Tank Johnson?

How hard does this sound: The NFL is going to pay you a few million a year to play football every sunday for 16 weeks out of the year and stay out of trouble.

Sounds pretty easy to me. Good riddance to the guy. He took it all for granted and it 's biting him in the ass now.

The only way Tank will ever "work" in Solider Field again if he's wearing a "STAFF" t-shirt.
Bob Baer

Finksburg, MD

#3 Jun 25, 2007
WOW!

Someone in the NFL actually has balls! And that is a long overdue action to take!

Let's see if the courts or Players Union try to detach them!
GOOD BLK WMN

North Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 26, 2007
The Bears made the right decision getting RID of Tank Johnson. I hope he will realize that he had an AWESOME opportunity with the BEARS. This wouldn't be a problem if he was just Tank playing college football so many of our African American men get an opportunity and Don't know how to deal with the fame.. This Guy needs a MENTOR and a FATHER...
Eric

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2007
GOOD BLK WMN wrote:
The Bears made the right decision getting RID of Tank Johnson. I hope he will realize that he had an AWESOME opportunity with the BEARS. This wouldn't be a problem if he was just Tank playing college football so many of our African American men get an opportunity and Don't know how to deal with the fame.. This Guy needs a MENTOR and a FATHER...
Amen

“tSUHnami warning!!!!!!!!”

Since: Feb 07

Boyne City

#6 Jun 27, 2007
The question is....why the hell hasn't the Titans done the same to Pacman? Because of his actions a man is paralyzed from the waist down for cryin' out loud!

Good for the Bears ORG. to set an example for other teams that can't seem to uncross their legs.

Since: Jun 07

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 27, 2007
he really needs to get his life together

http://www.screamingsports.com/en/pu...le.asp...
eric

Arpin, WI

#8 Jun 27, 2007
Pacman will wind up in Jail so the Titans dont have to waste the paper work I guess, or if they wait maybe he ll void the deal by being arrested and that way it cost them no cap room.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tank Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Five Worst Uniforms In NFL History (Jun '07) Apr '11 LOL 7
News Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
News Six Cowboys Exes Take Asylum In Cincy (Aug '10) Aug '10 Lynn B 1
News Why Your Team Won't Win The Super Bowl: Cincinn... (Jun '10) Jun '10 hatchet 3
News Should Roger Goodell Suspend Ben Roethlisberger? (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bella Toni 14
More from around the web