Schmuck: Enough facts are known for indefinite suspension -

Jul 19, 2007 Read more: Baltimore Sun
Welcome to the ultimate test of the Roger Goodell Doctrine. Superstar NFL quarterback Michael Vick has been indicted on a number of federal counts relating to his alleged involvement in the grotesque "sport" of ... Read more
Lois

United States

#1 Jul 19, 2007
I am an NFL (Dallas) fan and owner of a cute little Border Collie named Lacey. It breaks my heart to hear about the level of cruelty involved in the Michael Vick case. I am at a loss to understand how anyone could be so cold. This is not what NFL fans want. I understand that the NFl and Nike can say he is innocent until proven guilty. As consumers we have the right to say what we will and will not pay for and I will not pay for this. I'm not buying anything from Nike. I don't live in Atlanta but if I did I wouldn't go to the games. If a Dallas team player were involved I wouldn't feel any different. The NFL and the Atlant Falcons do not have to tolerate it either. No one has the constitutional right to play in the NFL. If he were to be released no team in their right mind would look at him twice. Jerry Jones has released players for less. (Remember Quincy Carter)
Lois

United States

#2 Jul 19, 2007
I am an NFL (Dallas) fan and owner of a cute little Border Collie named Lacey. It breaks my heart to hear about the level of cruelty involved in the Michael Vick case. I am at a loss to understand how anyone could be so cold. This is not what NFL fans want. I understand that the NFl and Nike can say he is innocent until proven guilty. As consumers we have the right to say what we will and will not pay for and I will not pay for this. I'm not buying anything from Nike. I don't live in Atlanta but if I did I wouldn't go to the games. If a Dallas team player were involved I wouldn't feel any different. The NFL and the Atlant Falcons do not have to tolerate it either. No one has the constitutional right to play in the NFL. If he were to be released no team in their right mind would look at him twice. Jerry Jones has released players for less. (Remember Quincy Carter)
Bill

United States

#4 Jul 19, 2007
If due process is allowed for one then it should be allowed for all. Mr. Goodell would have a hard time ethically defending his double standard. He's becoming an embarassment. Bill
WCT

United States

#5 Jul 20, 2007
Letter to the NFL:
I am a life-long fan of the NFL. I grew up watching the Washington Redskins. I have idolized many NFL players over the course of my lifetime. Darrell Green, Art Monk, John Riggens, and the best quarterback I have ever seen play the game, Joe Montana. I know the affect a role model and idol actions can have on a child, a teenager, and a young man because I have been all three. I am completely disgusted by the inappropriate lack of action that has been taken against Mike Vick since the indictment report has come out. The access to news is available to youngsters as never before. They see these actions and the inaction taken against perpetrators and believe that is how the world works. You can act as you want, independent of the morals and values dictated by society, and get away with it. Especially if you are rich and famous. I believe American Football is the best game in the world. The entertainment value of the NFL matches anything else out there. The NFL has done a great job cleaning up their image and working to keep the sport free of negative influences. In this case they need to keep up with that tradition. Do you realize how many children grow up watching football and how much of a family experience, in some cases a tradition, the sport has become? Now you want to allow one of your biggest most high profile stars to taint that image every week from here on out. A star, a role model for adults and children alike. By allowing Michael Vick to keep playing in your league you are essentially condoning his actions while also promoting irresponsibility, cruelty, and criminal activities. Football is a violent game. But it is also a game filled with rules, honor, and respect. The NFL promotes all the endearing aspects of life; hard work, teamwork, trust, resiliency, etc. Those are all big reasons Football is the most popular sport in America. Do not let the people who look up to their NFL idols down. Mike Vick should not be given a forum every week and allowed to become an idol to any more unsuspecting children and adults. What kind of role model does the things he is accused of doing? If by banning him for like saves just one new child from idolizing Mr. Vick in the future than that is what should be done. Money, greed, and selfishness should not play a role in this decision. The collective body of an organization has a conscience just as any individual does. Look inside your organizations conscience and do the right thing. You know what it is, just do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tank Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Five Worst Uniforms In NFL History (Jun '07) Apr '11 LOL 7
News Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
News Six Cowboys Exes Take Asylum In Cincy (Aug '10) Aug '10 Lynn B 1
News Why Your Team Won't Win The Super Bowl: Cincinn... (Jun '10) Jun '10 hatchet 3
News Should Roger Goodell Suspend Ben Roethlisberger? (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bella Toni 14
More from around the web