Spin (out of) control

Full story: Chicago Tribune

There are many reasons Lance Briggs could have been out until 3 a.m. Monday zooming around in his expensive new Italian sports car on the Edens Expressway after a night downtown.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 49 of49
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Rico

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

Snack Wrap --- Milwaukee, WI

You're WRONG !

I WILL NOT say "that you ramble on with no point".

Rico

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

Snack Wrap --- Milwaukee, WI .....

One can state an opinion WITHOUT saying "I KNOW what happened" (I wasn't there, but "I KNOW what happened")--- BIG DIFFERENCE --- VERY BIG DIFFERENCE !!
Jangle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

You obviously DO have an opinion, otherwise you wouldn't be critiquing my comments, am I right? I don't really speak out very often on my opinions. Normally, I would just go about my business and not say a word. However, I'm just a football fan who is sick and tired of hearing more about players off the field than on it. We haven't even started the season yet, and all I'm hearing about is so and so is under arrest for this and that. We can't even get through a preseason game anymore without hearing about a player arrested for DUI, or someone got shot, etc.

I mainly blame the media for having to listen to all this, because you rarely hear much about off-the-field antics with players in the offseason, because it just isn't news at that time. I would much rather hear about a 200-yard rushing game, or a game winning hail-mary than listen to the same criminal crap over and over again. It just gets old, you know?
Rico

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2007

Jangle --- Atlanta, GA.....

Ha...Ha...Ha --- Good One.

No, I don't have a sister.
Steve_ Woodstock

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Okay all of you who insist on bashing Briggs for not behaving 100% correctly after walking away from a possible deadly (to him accident), put your hands up and tell me how many of you have immediately turned off the expressway, when you noticed that you were doing over 65mph and reported to the police that you were speeding. No you didn't kill anybody, but you were breaking the law and putting yourself and others at risk.
I do not agree with everything Mr. Briggs did, but I have no facts to back up my theory, or yours that he was drunk and not just confused and wanting shelter after a serious scare, So I am willing to let the Police, Bears and League, after investigation of the facts decide any appropriate punishment. Until that point, please avoid any knee jerk reactions to a high paid football player being in a serious accident
Marbles

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

"wanting shelter after a serious scare ..." Right. He must have just been wandering around seeking shelter for the several hours the police were looking for him at his home (a perfectly adequate shelter). And the confusion ... "Now did I just wreck my $350K sports car on the Edens or did someone steal it ..."
Steve_ Woodstock

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Marbles wrote,
"wanting shelter after a serious scare ..." Right. He must have just been wandering around seeking shelter for the several hours the police were looking for him at his home (a perfectly adequate shelter). And the confusion ... "Now did I just wreck my $350K sports car on the Edens or did someone steal it ..."

media guide lists no wife or children for Mr. Briggs, so it is conceivable that he sought shelter with a friend, I do not know, but I again ask that we avoid assigning guilt by speculation.
Marbles

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Point well-taken, Steve Woodstock. The guy deserves the benefit of the doubt. It's just odd behavior for someone who has had the salt to make it to the pros in a tough sport in a tough league. Just a little fishy is all. But you're right - he clearly didn't intend to hurt anyone and thankfully it didn't come to that. No comparison to a situation, say, like Michael Vick. But that's another blog entirely.
Steve_ Woodstock

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2007

Thx Marbles.
I was once in an accident, towing a trailer when the tire on it blew at 60mph, it wagged the car into several barriers before coming to a stop. neither my wife or I were injured, but I distinctly remember not feeling normal at that moment in time, this was on a fairly busy road and luckily no other vehicles were involved and we had comfort and support with us quite quickly. At 3 in the morning with nobody there, I do not guarantee that my behavior wouldn't have been odd (;-)).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 49 of49
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tank Johnson Discussions

Search the Tank Johnson Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The Five Worst Uniforms In NFL History (Jun '07) Apr '11 LOL 7
Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
Six Cowboys Exes Take Asylum In Cincy (Aug '10) Aug '10 Lynn B 1
Why Your Team Won't Win The Super Bowl: Cincinn... (Jun '10) Jun '10 hatchet 3
Should Roger Goodell Suspend Ben Roethlisberger? (Apr '10) Apr '10 Bella Toni 14
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••