How the Philadelphia Eagles Should Rebuild for 2008

Jan 11, 2008 Full story: Associated Content

This was a very disappointing season for the Philadelphia faithful, but at the same time it had a lot of postives, especially in the final three games. via Associated Content

Full Story
Franchize

Denver, CO

#1 Jan 14, 2008
I think the Eagles shouls look to bring in Bernard Berrian. Even if it means overpaying him a little. McNabb was no doubt the MVP of the League before he hurt his knee last season. We saw what he did with T.O. McNabb throws one of the best deep balls in the league. He just can't put touch on a 5 yard out. It seems to me that if you can get a speedy guy to stretch the field like Stallworth did and like Berrian could than it allows Donovan the confidence to do more things and makes the other receivers better. How good was Reggie Brown when Stallworth was going deep on the other side? You split Brown out opposite Berrian and move Curtis to the middle where he is more comfortable and a Wes Welker-like mismatch for linebackers and safeties and you have a formula for guarenteed success. With a corner and safety covering Berrian deep, at least one corner covering Brown on the moderate routes, and whatever linebacker-safety combination trying to cover Curtis in the middle...who the hell is going to cover Westbrook? Defenses would have to play more nickel packages, leaving a huge advantage to run the football. Plus with Westbrook catching more balls out of the backfield and getting out in space, he'll be less likely to take the same pounding he would between the tackles and more likely for big plays. If Berrian is a no go than acquiring a guy like Jerry Porter could go a long way instead. With that said, if Celek isn't going to be your man, than Eric Johnson? Shockey?(may be availabe) It's obvious LJ is horrible and must go. A TE with some hands can excel in that situation. I belive the birds have like 12 picks in the draft. If I know Parcells, I don't think he'll go QB with the first pick after they drafted one in the 2nd last year or RB with Ronnie Brown coming back. He's most likely looking to trade for more picks. If I'm the birds I package some picks together or whatever it takes to move up and take DE Chris Long. That would leave the Birds with a young, talented and deep D-Line that could play together for years. If that doesn't happen then the next move it to draft WR/KR DeShaun Jackson out of Cal. He is explosive and a threat for a big play everytime he touches the ball. He immediately solidifies our return game while adding another big play threat to our Receiving corps. Do not move McNabb. Like the man says, just get him some help. Those are moves that will help turn this team into an immediate powerhouse. However, if I know the Eagles, they'll be taking a Offensive Lineman in the first round and probably some linebackers. Maybe even a Defensive Tackle.
berrian sucks

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jan 17, 2008
berrian sucks dude.
Cowboyup

Mililani, HI

#3 Jan 18, 2008
Whoa Franchise, the eagles had their shoy when the cowboys were dwelling in the cellar, but now, we are bac on top in the NFC east, and all roads to the playoffs will come through Dallas, but I know eagles fans are used to that, ARENT YOU!!HOW 'BOUT DEM COWBOYS!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewart Bradley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things don't get any easier as Cardinals prepar... (Nov '11) Dec '11 Shadoz 15
5 Philadelphia Eagles Who Have the Most to Lose... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Shadoz 17
Could the Philadelphia Eagles Allow Free Agent ... (May '11) May '11 Casey Matthews 1
With Kolb back, Vick is again Eagles' backup (Sep '10) Sep '10 J lame 1
Vick to start against Lions (Sep '10) Sep '10 bow wow 6
Vick scrambles to say he wasn't dissing Kolb (Sep '10) Sep '10 Shadoz 10
Concussions Take Toll In Week 1 Of NFL Season (Sep '10) Sep '10 joe smoe 1

Stewart Bradley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE