Panthers WR Steve Smith unhappy with QB Cam Newton

Sep 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

Panthers receiver Steve Smith says he'' lit into'' Cam Newton about his actions on the sideline when the young quarterback was replaced late in the fourth quarter of Thursday night's 36-7 blowout loss to the New York Giants.

Comments
21 - 30 of 30 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
All in the Camily

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Vince Young Jr....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Immature and self-centered as hell,,,and Cam's the same way....
Scamulous Interceptionous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Trade him to the Jets...Rex and Tony will design an awesome Wildcat package for him a Teblow to run...from the bench...

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to have a QB that is accurate or your WR's cannot score. WR's score when they have a good QB who can accurately throw. Cam did bad for accuracy at the Combine. So Smitty is at the mercy of a good ball coming his way and Cam will throw them now and then. Cam is frustrated because he cannot run the ball this year so he is not sharing the field with no one. He can't score neither is anyone else. I believe its why he would not throw to Olsen who was often open and was not till the end of the game he threw a few his way. He could have scored easily with another player in the end zone and made a touch down but because Cam could not run the ball and make the TD himself he threw the ball to the ground. Oh Cam wants to win allright but he wants his running TD's and he can't get them cause the teams are on to him and are shutting him down. Rushing yard QB's are useless in the NFL --they can only do that in high school and college but never in the NFL. Cam is playing with men now and they will level him as we are watching. His gimmick is over.
Gimmick? Cam Newton is know gimmick.
Were talking about a guy that throw for 400 plus yards 2 games in a row. Greg Olsen recieved half those yards. So dont give me that.The reason is running half the time is because his offensive line are not handling there jobs, so he has to scramble. My prediction is if he is sacked atleast twelve more times this man is going to be injured. Not wishing that upon him, but that is just a statistic. Also the media is eating him that is wh he can not perform to his full potential.In hismind he thinks he can do it but the media says another thing. So I blame the media for the way Cam Newton is playing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2012

Judged:

He is a dumb, self-centered, psycho jerk....during the bye week, it was reported he played video games all the time.....a flash in the thug pan.....
Jim1

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

BrandonP_ wrote:
<quoted text>Gimmick? Cam Newton is know gimmick.
Were talking about a guy that throw for 400 plus yards 2 games in a row. Greg Olsen recieved half those yards. So dont give me that.The reason is running half the time is because his offensive line are not handling there jobs, so he has to scramble. My prediction is if he is sacked atleast twelve more times this man is going to be injured. Not wishing that upon him, but that is just a statistic. Also the media is eating him that is wh he can not perform to his full potential.In hismind he thinks he can do it but the media says another thing. So I blame the media for the way Cam Newton is playing.
"in his mind he thinks he can do" it but the media says another thing. All those losing games have nothing to do with media nor his fumbles or interceptions and wild balls he throws or his pouting and big baby ways. The manager was fired and next will be Cam and some coaches--they keep losing no matter how well the team plays. Lot of players are playing good but every step forward Cam takes 2 back. Make all the excuse you want. I hope they trade him so someone else can put up with him.
Overrated

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2012

Judged:

Cam blows...
Jim1

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

BrandonP_ wrote:
<quoted text>Gimmick? Cam Newton is know gimmick.
By the way --the fact is hire no rushing QB cause they want all the fame and glory of TD's and do not like WR's or anyone else doing it. Same as M.Vick another loser that can't get anywhere and they fire everyone else around him. Once a team sees a QB running they will go after him and tackle him that will be their target and shut him down--Panthers did that to Vick and had him hanging his head on the bench. And teams will do the same to Cam cause that play causes nothing but confusion for the team cause no one knows when they are going to run which is why you cannot cover them. Everyone has their position to play and its not guessing what the QB may or may not do.Pass/or Rush is a lousy play call.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Trade Cam for Micheal Vick....
Tuff Teddy

Lincolnton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Get of Newton!!! WE don't need his bullshit!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Steve Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Baltimore Ravens' 5 Biggest Games of 2014 Apr '14 Harbaugh Farts 3
Panthers release 34-year-old WR Smith Mar '14 viking nation 4
Steve Smith apologizes to Panthers (Nov '13) Nov '13 Richard Bergman 1
5 things to know from Panthers' win over Dolphins (Nov '13) Nov '13 Blowhole News 1
Carolina Panthers Position Group Grades (Oct '13) Oct '13 Harry Horton 3
5 Things To Know About Panthers' Win Over Rams (Oct '13) Oct '13 Harry Horton 1
The Friday Five: Keys to a Panthers victory ove... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1

Search the Steve Smith Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••