1st Day Winners and Losers of Free Agency

Jul 27, 2011 Full story: NFLMocks 22

Mcnabb Is Going to Get a Fresh Start in Minnesota There has been so much going on in the first day I thought I'd take a quick look at a few of the winners and losers of early free agency.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ezg357

Madera, CA

#1 Jul 27, 2011
I was looking at McNabb's QB rating for indoor's & I couldnt belive it >> 96.3 Fourth highest among active QB's with at 400 attempts indoors The Guy plays better in doors Its going to be hard for Ponder to beat McNabb out on the carpet. Go Vikings
Carpetfarts

Katy, TX

#2 Jul 27, 2011
And the delay for Ponder to learn starts....looking forward to seeing him start by week 9

Since: Jan 11

Anoka, MN

#3 Jul 28, 2011
ponder needs to sit back and learn like they use to in the old days except for the 3 yrs down to 1 yr
Harry

Park River, ND

#4 Jul 28, 2011
Carpetfarts wrote:
And the delay for Ponder to learn starts....looking forward to seeing him start by week 9
week 3
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#5 Jul 28, 2011
McNabb and his high salary makes it almost impossible to sign any other quality players. Not a good investment unless you are willing to admit Ponder isn't the QB you thought he was when drafted. Another Eagle cast-off. He couldn't even beat out unproven Kolb.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#6 Jul 28, 2011
True,but,sitting behind a vet like McNabb,learning how to get ready for a season,game or situation can take Ponder a long,long way during his career.McNabb cant play like he used to because hes older and beat up,not because hes stupid,he can teach the young kid the ropes.
Weekfarts

United States

#7 Jul 28, 2011
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
week 3
I was trying to be optimistics with the week 9....lol
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#8 Jul 28, 2011
Weekfarts wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to be optimistics with the week 9....lol
He'll start in week 4...of the preseason

Since: Mar 07

Parker, CO

#9 Jul 28, 2011
I am ok with bringing in Donovan but we have other needs that I think are higher priority OL and DB. Ponder will do great when he gets his shot and learning from Mcnabb will help, and I think he would have been great week 1. I am very much displeased with the lack of urgency to fix huge problems and all of the good DBs are going fast. Think about it, we have bad OL and a worse DB group (minus Winny). If the other team scores every position because they can pass all day then our QB will be crushed even more because he has NO protection and no one to throw to.

Travis
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#10 Jul 28, 2011
eric wrote:
True,but,sitting behind a vet like McNabb,learning how to get ready for a season,game or situation can take Ponder a long,long way during his career.McNabb cant play like he used to because hes older and beat up,not because hes stupid,he can teach the young kid the ropes.
It's all about the money, not McNabbs intelligence. McNabb eats up cap space meaning we can't afford other needed players. Besides, what are coaches for?
Capfarts

Katy, TX

#11 Jul 28, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>It's all about the money, not McNabbs intelligence. McNabb eats up cap space meaning we can't afford other needed players. Besides, what are coaches for?
Heard tonight he agreed to terms...how much did it cost? Nothing yet on the net.....
bob

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Jul 29, 2011
NOT TRUE
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#13 Jul 29, 2011
Capfarts wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard tonight he agreed to terms...how much did it cost? Nothing yet on the net.....
Haven't heard the $ but Fox sports says it's a 1 year deal. After last year and the way he played, it should be a week by week deal.
Dealfarts

United States

#14 Jul 29, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't heard the $ but Fox sports says it's a 1 year deal. After last year and the way he played, it should be a week by week deal.
lol!

I still think Ponder starts sometime this season. If the one year deal is correct, at least the Vikes didnt go for 3 like Hasselbeck in TN.

What do you think about that Kolb deal with AZ? That was a boat load of cash for a guy who only has started 7 games IMO.

Eagles got Rogers-Cromartie and a 2nd round pick...thinking the Cards got ripped.
Whyfarts

United States

#15 Jul 29, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't heard the $ but Fox sports says it's a 1 year deal. After last year and the way he played, it should be a week by week deal.
Read it could not be announced until today. Not sure why all the secrecy...everyone else is throwing their new fat contracts around

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 Jul 29, 2011
Looks like the Eagles are the team to beat in football. They now have the best DB's in football.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#17 Jul 29, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
McNabb and his high salary makes it almost impossible to sign any other quality players. Not a good investment unless you are willing to admit Ponder isn't the QB you thought he was when drafted. Another Eagle cast-off. He couldn't even beat out unproven Kolb.
Vikings need to learn from Philly and N.E.
Two teams who year in year out stockpile draft picks and sign some of the biggest stars in the NFL via trades and FA.
Eagles got Vick for nothing and probably will get V.Young for same.Now they get the top CB.N.E. routinely does the same.
Money never seems to be a problem.
Packers go with the draft and get tremendous results.
Vikings need to steal some font office people and scouts.
Vikings way of doing things results in be competitive but far from what Philly and N.E. do with acquiring top FA's and tons of draft picks,which can be used to trade or actually draft talent.
Amazing.
The rich get richer,
expect a Philly-N.E. SB if they remain healthy.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#18 Jul 29, 2011
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Vikings need to learn from Philly and N.E.
Two teams who year in year out stockpile draft picks and sign some of the biggest stars in the NFL via trades and FA.
Eagles got Vick for nothing and probably will get V.Young for same.Now they get the top CB.N.E. routinely does the same.
Money never seems to be a problem.
Packers go with the draft and get tremendous results.
Vikings need to steal some font office people and scouts.
Vikings way of doing things results in be competitive but far from what Philly and N.E. do with acquiring top FA's and tons of draft picks,which can be used to trade or actually draft talent.
Amazing.
The rich get richer,
expect a Philly-N.E. SB if they remain healthy.
Heard that Philly did sign V.Young. Hate to say it but Chilly didn't do us any favors, glad he's gone. As this is the 1st yr for Fraiser, gotta give him a bye. Just can't understand why Berrian, Kliensasser, Lewis, and others are still on the roster. I thought we were gonna cut some dead wood.....surprise, surprise. The Vikings need to learn that starters should be backed by rookies, not 4, 5, or 6 yr guys earning big bucks for watching. Play out your initial contract, and if you aint cracked the starting line-up...BYE.
McReleased

United States

#19 Dec 1, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I was looking at McNabb's QB rating for indoor's & I couldnt belive it >> 96.3 Fourth highest among active QB's with at 400 attempts indoors The Guy plays better in doors Its going to be hard for Ponder to beat McNabb out on the carpet. Go Vikings
I like to revisit old posts like this just like everyone else does for to others for comic relief....

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#20 Dec 1, 2011
Avant wrote:
Looks like the Eagles are the team to beat in football. They now have the best DB's in football.
I enjoyed this one, myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wild, wild NFC West: Kolb PLUS the one where Gh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bongwater 2
Rams Sign Wide Receiver Steve Smith (Mar '12) Mar '12 flbadcatowner 1
DeSean Jackson - Show him the money (Feb '12) Feb '12 jayo ryder 1
Lions in, Eagles out, heading into NFL finales (Dec '11) Dec '11 CON_dog to_LICK 2
Why the Philadelphia Eagles Need to Fire Head C... (Nov '11) Nov '11 abusingexcuses 2
NFL: Manning leads Giants over Eagles 29-16; Vi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 vick is scum 2
Losing Steve Smith to Eagles Is Another Blow fo... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Dodgefarts 2

Steve Smith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE