Continue reading "Will Plaxico Burress make a comeback after serving his prison term?"

Aug 21, 2009 Full story: www.syracuse.com

Former New York Giant Plaxico Burress leaves Manhattan criminal court in New York on Thursday after pleading guilty to a weapons charge.

Full Story
hopeandfaith

Memphis, TN

#1 Aug 21, 2009
Someone please explain how this man is going to jail after shooting himself, and the other NFL player gets to play football again after killing a man while driving drunk?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#2 Aug 21, 2009
hopeandfaith wrote:
Someone please explain how this man is going to jail after shooting himself, and the other NFL player gets to play football again after killing a man while driving drunk?
State laws. NY, my home State doesn't play when it comes to gun laws. Ironic situation, when compared to Donte Stallworth's case.

“"Dumbass at times"”

Since: Jul 09

Florence

#3 Aug 21, 2009
I don't see why he really going to prison for two years not like he hurt anyone besides himself? But I say he will mske a comeback
Juris-hocus-pocu s

Waianae, HI

#4 Aug 21, 2009
What complete nonsense. The sentence theyre giving him is suitable for someone who actually injured another person by accidely firing off his gun by accident. Seeing that no one was hurt other than Mr. Burris, the judge shouldve taken this into consideration. Instead, the idiot judge went on the stupid assumption that someone COULDVE been hurt, rather than the fact that no one WAS hurt. We have enough criminals locked up already, we don't need to add to the over crowded prison population. And WHY THE HELL should I spend my tax dollars to pay for Mr. Burris' incarceration when he could be paying a hefty fine instead?! At best, community service hours and probation wouldve been fine with me. When will these stupid judges get a brain and use some friggin common sense. Besides, how in the hell is this going to prevent anyone else from discharging a firearm in public? It's going to happen whether we like it or not. Like Burris' defense attorney said: "If this was your average joe, I doubt we would even have gotten a trial hearing. Unfortunately, my client is punished based on the circumstances of his crime, but instead on the circumstances of his public image".

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Aug 22, 2009
Too harsh a punishment...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wild, wild NFC West: Kolb PLUS the one where Gh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bongwater 2
Rams Sign Wide Receiver Steve Smith (Mar '12) Mar '12 flbadcatowner 1
DeSean Jackson - Show him the money (Feb '12) Feb '12 jayo ryder 1
Lions in, Eagles out, heading into NFL finales (Dec '11) Dec '11 CON_dog to_LICK 2
1st Day Winners and Losers of Free Agency (Jul '11) Dec '11 McLoser 22
Why the Philadelphia Eagles Need to Fire Head C... (Nov '11) Nov '11 abusingexcuses 2
NFL: Manning leads Giants over Eagles 29-16; Vi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 vick is scum 2
More from around the web