Giants fail to make big plays in being dethroned

There are 10 comments on the Jan 11, 2009, The Associated Press story titled Giants fail to make big plays in being dethroned . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Dejected and beaten after the final seconds ticked off the clock, the New York Giants trudged off the field to nary a sound.

The raucous sellout crowd that greeted them at the start of the NFC semifinal was already in the parking lots looking for their cars, while the Giants searched for answers to a Super Bowl defense that ended abruptly.

There were no magic moments this year. No helmet catch by David Tyree. No game-winning touchdown catch by Plaxico Burress. No Burress, as a matter of fact. No sacks against Donovan McNabb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

Ed in Connecticut

Manchester, CT

#1 Jan 11, 2009
Thank God there's no over rated Manning family member in this years Superbowl !!!!!

That should be a topix in itself
Hardtimes

AOL

#2 Jan 11, 2009
Way to go Plaxico
Sports Fan 94

Gastonia, NC

#3 Jan 11, 2009
Good bye. No repeat, not even close.
Whoo hoo

West Liberty, KY

#4 Jan 11, 2009
yo gabba gobba
FED UP

West Springfield, MA

#5 Jan 12, 2009
The N.Y.G. should have never won the Superbowl last year. I beleive the Pat's through the game away because of the accusations of filming their opponents plays. Commisioner to pat's : "Here's the deal through the Superbowl away & we'll forget about the accusations." We have'nt heard anything about the filmings since the Superbowl loss. What do you all think?

“I Put the "B" in ITCH!!”

Since: Jun 08

Wood-Ridge, NJ

#6 Jan 12, 2009
FED UP wrote:
The N.Y.G. should have never won the Superbowl last year. I beleive the Pat's through the game away because of the accusations of filming their opponents plays. Commisioner to pat's : "Here's the deal through the Superbowl away & we'll forget about the accusations." We have'nt heard anything about the filmings since the Superbowl loss. What do you all think?
You're a fool, the Giant's won through fair play.
Hardtimes

AOL

#7 Jan 12, 2009
* Oh, I meant to say MR. GLOCKPANTS!!!
Illiniev1

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Jan 12, 2009
Wh1en your one legitimate threat is gone
Chances are that you are going to lose.

He jacked up the whole team with his
WESTSIDE imitation!

DUMMY!

Signed Fred G Sanford

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 12, 2009
I don't like Burress, but the Giants sure missed him..
General Custer

Denver, CO

#10 Jan 13, 2009
Eli Manning could be a general in my army anytime

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wild, wild NFC West: Kolb PLUS the one where Gh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bongwater 2
News Rams Sign Wide Receiver Steve Smith (Mar '12) Mar '12 flbadcatowner 1
News DeSean Jackson - Show him the money (Feb '12) Feb '12 jayo ryder 1
News Lions in, Eagles out, heading into NFL finales (Dec '11) Dec '11 CON_dog to_LICK 2
News 1st Day Winners and Losers of Free Agency (Jul '11) Dec '11 McLoser 22
News Why the Philadelphia Eagles Need to Fire Head C... (Nov '11) Nov '11 abusingexcuses 2
News NFL: Manning leads Giants over Eagles 29-16; Vi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 vick is scum 2
More from around the web