NYP Reports NY Giants May Bring WR Pl...

NYP Reports NY Giants May Bring WR Plaxico Burress Back to Team

There are 6 comments on the Associated Content story from Jan 5, 2011, titled NYP Reports NY Giants May Bring WR Plaxico Burress Back to Team. In it, Associated Content reports that:

First published on Examiner Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress will be a free man again on June 6. He may end up among old friends.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

Nitnat03

Monroe, NY

#1 Jan 6, 2011
Like the message on Brandon Jacobs summer camp T-shirt said - "let him play, Ball him out". Despite all the promise shown by a very talented group of wideouts, Plax is by far and away the most talented and physically imposing wideout ever to wear Giant Blue. His incarceration not only more than repaid his debt to society (He was obvously oversentenced because of his identity), it gave him 2 yeard to heal old wounds and get in great shape. The Giants have always given second chances to dedicated players who do the right thing (ask Kerry Collins). Burress can do more than Micheal Vick in terms of conveying a positive message for the young NFL fans. There is no question but that unlcensed guns like the one Burress was carrying in 2008 pose far more danger to society and our youth in particular than illegal dogfighting. Though he will be about 33 come 2011 training camp, Plaxico is worth the risk. His valuable experience both on and off the field can help mold Hakim Nicks, Steve Smith, Mario Manningham AND Victor Cruz(2010 IR) into the deepest and most dangerous group of recievers in the league. LET HIM BALL!
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#2 Jan 6, 2011
Hahahahaha NYG enjoy watching the playoffs. You can all get together at Mannings house to watch the super bowl. Don't forget to have someone bring some chicken wings and beer. Hahahahahahaha
Bulldog

Jamestown, NY

#4 Jan 7, 2011
I wouldn't want Burress molding any of my young receivers. The Giants don't need him. And how the heck do you know he's in top shape? You don't just walk back in and excel in the NFL after missing two straight seasons. He was not over sentenced. He got what he deserved. He is not a role model nor is Michael Vick. Just because Burress will be free does not mean that he can just walk back into the league. The commissioner decides whether that happens or not. I hope he is banned at least through half the season.
Nitnat03

Monroe, NY

#5 Jan 8, 2011
Hey "Lucky" are you sure that tag really fits you? It's obvious that your comments are based more on sour grapes from the 2008 Super Bowl than your knowledge of football. What bothers you more -Burress blowing by Assante Samuel for the touchdown that made The Pats 18-1, or gun control laws in general? Enjoy the playoffs because the Pats should run the table. Remember your New Hampshire State motto "Live Free or Die". Like I said in my original post "Let Him Ball" Bulldog -I know Burress is in top shape because not only did I see him interviewed by Steve Kroft on 60 minutes earlier this year, I know a State Corrections officer who transported him for the hearing had earlier this year regarding his early release. HE IS IN TOP SHAPE -"Let him ball" -For Big Blue
Lucky

New Bedford, MA

#6 Jan 8, 2011
Nitnat03 wrote:
Hey "Lucky" are you sure that tag really fits you? It's obvious that your comments are based more on sour grapes from the 2008 Super Bowl than your knowledge of football. What bothers you more -Burress blowing by Assante Samuel for the touchdown that made The Pats 18-1, or gun control laws in general? Enjoy the playoffs because the Pats should run the table. Remember your New Hampshire State motto "Live Free or Die". Like I said in my original post "Let Him Ball" Bulldog -I know Burress is in top shape because not only did I see him interviewed by Steve Kroft on 60 minutes earlier this year, I know a State Corrections officer who transported him for the hearing had earlier this year regarding his early release. HE IS IN TOP SHAPE -"Let him ball" -For Big Blue
Get off it. 2008 is so yesterday. Burress is a criminal and belongs locked up. I am happy to see the Giants out of the playoffs. But you should no that I hate ALL NY sports teams. I'm sure you can understand that. Your someone who hates NE teams. Good luck with Placido. Maybe he should try out for the Yankees, He looks good in pinstripes.
Nitnat03

Monroe, NY

#7 Jan 9, 2011
Ease up there Lucky. I do not hate all New England teams; quite the contrary- since Bill Belicheck was the defensive coordinator of the first 2 giant super vbowl winners I route for the Pats, just not as hard as I root for the Giants. The bottom line is that Burress is worth a shot come June. If the Giants can't get him, don,t be suprised if New England does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wild, wild NFC West: Kolb PLUS the one where Gh... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Bongwater 2
News Rams Sign Wide Receiver Steve Smith (Mar '12) Mar '12 flbadcatowner 1
News DeSean Jackson - Show him the money (Feb '12) Feb '12 jayo ryder 1
News Lions in, Eagles out, heading into NFL finales (Dec '11) Dec '11 CON_dog to_LICK 2
News 1st Day Winners and Losers of Free Agency (Jul '11) Dec '11 McLoser 22
News Why the Philadelphia Eagles Need to Fire Head C... (Nov '11) Nov '11 abusingexcuses 2
News NFL: Manning leads Giants over Eagles 29-16; Vi... (Sep '11) Sep '11 vick is scum 2
More from around the web