McNair put team before himself

Full story: Baltimore Sun
In some circles, the idea of a black quarterback is still anathema. Steve McNair should have buried that notion forever . Full Story
Raven Fan

Butler, MD

#1 Apr 23, 2008
Why is Steve McNair's race even stated in this blurb? I have taken part in and listened to many discussions concerning the quaterback position, not just as it relates to the Ravens but as key concerns for other teams and no one has every stated African American ehtnicity as a factor. I don't care if my quaterback is black, white, or green I want him to complete passes, avoid the sack and make smart choices.

Mr. Clark why would you waste our time with this?
larry g

Baltimore, MD

#2 Apr 23, 2008
Raven Fan wrote:
Why is Steve McNair's race even stated in this blurb? I have taken part in and listened to many discussions concerning the quaterback position, not just as it relates to the Ravens but as key concerns for other teams and no one has every stated African American ehtnicity as a factor. I don't care if my quaterback is black, white, or green I want him to complete passes, avoid the sack and make smart choices.
Mr. Clark why would you waste our time with this?
I'm a black man and I agree . What did that have to do with the story ?
NotFrackFrick

AOL

#3 Jun 24, 2008
larry g wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a black man and I agree . What did that have to do with the story ?
Hail Cesar !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve McNair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) May '13 Ashley 6
NFL notebook: Fisher won't be back with Titans ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 4
Donovan McNabb Goes to Washington (Apr '10) Apr '10 Paulette 1
Ravens Vs. Bengals: Keys to a Ravens Victory (Nov '09) Nov '09 OuchOStinko 1
King's Island Removes Display of Dead Celebriti... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Floon Buster 7
Nair's Estate in Turmoil (Jul '09) Aug '09 MELROSE 4
Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Valarie 7
More from around the web