Harbaugh looks for team players

Harbaugh looks for team players

There are 30 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 11, 2008, titled Harbaugh looks for team players. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Earlier this year, cornerback Samari Rolle was shocked when he went to his locker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fan

Brentwood, TN

#1 May 11, 2008
Now if Ray Lewis gets the picture, we will make progress.
Bob

Baltimore, MD

#2 May 11, 2008
This is how a team should be !!

Since: Feb 08

Perry Point, MD

#3 May 11, 2008
Has anybody told Ray about the new 'team' philosophy. Has anybody told coach Ryan? Wow! If he can change them- Harbaugh for President!
ravencaws from jax fla

United States

#4 May 11, 2008
I can't believe that idiot coach nixed that Ravens Wired show,I watched every week here in Jacksonville,I have Direct Tv which allows me to see the show,thanks alot Harbaugh.
Sugarbear

Croton On Hudson, NY

#5 May 11, 2008
It sounded as though Ray Ray was allowed to keep his "condo"? Does the new rule only apply to new players and Ray was grandfathered?
meatball

Westminster, MD

#6 May 11, 2008
I think it's great that Harbaugh is cancelling the television show Ravens Wired because it promoted individualism. I suggest that the radio show with Anita Marks also be devoid of Ravens players for the same reason.
meatball

Westminster, MD

#7 May 11, 2008
ravencaws from jax fla wrote:
I can't believe that idiot coach nixed that Ravens Wired show,I watched every week here in Jacksonville,I have Direct Tv which allows me to see the show,thanks alot Harbaugh.
Don't you think the team is more important than your personal entertainment?

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#9 May 11, 2008
As far as I'm concerned, only the coach(es) should be allowed to have shows.
Bud

Dover, DE

#10 May 11, 2008
Good just being strong and a bully doesn't make you agood football player. I hope the Ravens are better this year they need to be taught how to play not bully!
southern md joe

AOL

#13 May 11, 2008
great artictile the Ravens are fighting bout time i just may go buy some tickets GO RAVENSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
lll

Royal Oak, MI

#14 May 11, 2008
Harbaugh is going to be very successful, I like what I am hearing.
lll

Royal Oak, MI

#15 May 11, 2008
Sugarbear wrote:
It sounded as though Ray Ray was allowed to keep his "condo"? Does the new rule only apply to new players and Ray was grandfathered?
Why would you say that? Harbaugh cleared out all of the lockers that were veterans second lockers. He also said he will be boarding up lockers when they become vacant until a new player comes in.

“Orioles, Colts, Bullets ”

Since: Apr 08

Brewster, NY

#18 May 11, 2008
This team is fighting mad. I'll tell Peyton Manning to have our offensive line watch his back when we play the Ravens this fall. C-O-L-T-S, COLTS!
SteelerDan

United States

#19 May 11, 2008
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Harbaugh is making changes just to make changes. You treat the players like Men and let them know their accountable. You dont need to treat them like little boys at a summer camp. I see him making these changes and then next year around this time 25% of the changes will be reversed. This is something a high school coach does not a NFL coach.
Charlie

New Bloomfield, PA

#20 May 11, 2008
To SteelerDan: We'll see what happens on the field this fall.

Since: Aug 07

Camp Hill, PA

#21 May 11, 2008
Jeeze, I thought I had a small clue about our Ravens.....
Thank you Crissy for informing me to the (your) true reality!
Go back to your Fantasy league stroke fest and leave the reality to folks with a bit higher IQ than you cellar dwellerw..
Mom just call Cris, your grilled cheese and soup is ready....loser
Jason

Baltimore, MD

#22 May 11, 2008
Harbaugh can act tough and say all the things the fans want to hear, but both you and I know who still runs this team. I know most of you will disagree but until Mr. Lewis leaves town nothing will change. He controls the players the front office and most importantly the club house. Before you call me out think about it.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#23 May 11, 2008
Christopher wrote:
Yet another bunch of bullshit from a coach that will do NOTHING to improve the team. Frankly, in a team, there ARE people who are more important than others.
You cannot easily replace a Quarterback, but a lineman? That is EASY to replace, therefore some people should be treated better than other people.
LOL. Yeah, you tell 'em, Chris.
Baltimore

Las Vegas, NV

#24 May 11, 2008
First off, I read that Ray Ray only gets one locker and that he's cool with all the changes and that this is for TEAM reasons, so I don't get the calling out for Ray.
Yeah, I'm a Billick fan, but we're under some changes now with Harbaugh and I'm ready to see how things work under a different approach. I'm game, if you are. We're Ravens fans, right?
I'm IN if you're IN! I, too, am bummed about the Ravens Wired ousting, having Dircetv and all but if that's what he thinks it takes, let's go.
But let's wait at least 2 years before we credit or discredit his new ways. Players seem to love his ways and demeanor, so in the end this all may be positive in the end.
Let's Go, Ravens!
Tough Talk

United States

#25 May 11, 2008
This guy is a joke. I can see if he came in from a champion organization. I still don't agree with the coaching move; however, Cam is there so the offense should be better. It's funny how the reporters say that Billick treated the players like men. Well aren't they men? These guys are not going to go for that. Especially the ones with families. They've earned their stripes and should be allowed to be with their families. This is not high school or college: this is the NFL. Which means not for long for the new coach in this town. I hope I'm wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve McNair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) May '13 Ashley 6
News NFL notebook: Fisher won't be back with Titans ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 4
News Donovan McNabb Goes to Washington (Apr '10) Apr '10 Paulette 1
News Ravens Vs. Bengals: Keys to a Ravens Victory (Nov '09) Nov '09 OuchOStinko 1
News King's Island Removes Display of Dead Celebriti... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Floon Buster 7
News Nair's Estate in Turmoil (Jul '09) Aug '09 MELROSE 4
News Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Valarie 7
More from around the web